How many partners is too many partners?

Curious to know from both a male and a female perspective...

It depends on how you feel about sex. If your a Christian and safe yourself for marriage then more than one is too many. If you enjoy sex and don't do long term relation shops then 100+ is fine. I don't think anyone can rally answer that question.
I'm 27 and have had 17 yet I've spent most of my adult life in serious relationships. So in the caps in between bfs I was very promiscuous. I don't see 17 as a big issue but I know friends are shocked by it. And then there is my fiancé who has slept with so many people he won't tell me because he's scared how I will react.

I'm 22 and have had 7 sexual partners. However I know people my age who've had around 50.

I couldn't really give a maximum number, the past is the past and if he seemed serious about me then it wouldn't really matter. I'd be more put off by a guy who'd had loads and loads of girlfriends or been engaged lots of times! x

Dot dash yeah I agree. If a guy throws his "love and commitment" around to everyone then I would be put off! I've know guys that propose to every girl they go out with because they think every one is the one!

However on the other hand if I meet a guy in his 40s who has never been married or engaged or had a long term relationship I would be out off too lol

In other words I am never happy

I think a million is probably too many

By 22 I'd had about 20, since then its been 5 or 6, it all depends how you feel, I don't think it matters as long as your careful.

It doesn't bother me what someone's number is. Actually that's a lie, I felt awkward when I was with a guy who had only been with two other women ever... but that was my issue not his, I was worried he'd think badly of me for having a much higher number.

I think people live very different lives and some people's numbers reflect a lot about them whereas sometimes they reflect absolutely nothing at all.

If age is just a number surely 'THE number' should be exactly that too? (Oooh that sounded very much like Sarah Jessica Horseface in Sex and the City there lol)

Oohh this is a potentially dangerous thread for some!!!

I agree with Yes Man, as long as somebody is careful I don't think it matters as long as the person in question is faithful to their partner. The past is the past.

I used to be a little wild when I was in my 20's but I have met somebody very special now and couldn't think about anything but her (including fantasy MFF threesomes!). My 'score' before her is irrelevant.

mkenilworth wrote:

I think a million is probably too many

OMG MK staaaahp.

Whatever you want! As long as you respect yourself and are respected back :)

Oh and another thing, as long as the person is practising safe sex then it shouldn't be an issue.

Also to add, I made up for suddenly being popular when out clubbing when I couldn't get a sniff at school so slept with loads, my OH on the other hand has only ever slept with me, she was a virgin when I met her, this all stands for nothing now as our sex life so extreme I sometimes pinch myself, What i'm getting at numbers and experience don't matter, its how comfortable you are together with what you do and are prepered to do!

22 years old. 0 partners.. im such a slut xD

See im going to be the voice of the smallest minority in the world, the highly emotional male.

I see sex as a very personal thing, an expression of commitment and love between two people,(even if the sex is kinky).

I personally wouldnt want to have sex for any other reason that love.

So if i met somebody who was of the same mind set, id be pretty shocked if they had been more than 10.

But other people dont see sex the way i do, so i wouldnt judge somebody for their number, aslong as it wasnt like stupidly high!

id if you've had more sex partners than birthdays its too high.

Weestev it's lovely to hear a man that views sex like that. I used to feel sex was for love only but then the guy I loved and lost my virginity to started cheating on me and I changed my views about sex. I don't regret it because I've enjoyed alot of my experiences but I do think its lovely when I hear of people who actually have the will power to wait for love

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

Weestev it's lovely to hear a man that views sex like that. I used to feel sex was for love only but then the guy I loved and lost my virginity too started cheating on me and I changed my views about sex. I don't regret it because I've enjoyed alot of my experiences but I do think its lovely when I hear of people who actually have the will power to wait for love

will power, life crippling anxiety, fear of social events.

Who knows what played the biggest factor? :P

Ive had opportunities (even had a chance for a threesome which would have been an awesome way to loose it) but id still rather wait :)

I've been told that it should never go over the amount of birthdays you have had. I am 23 and have had 30 sexual partners which I feel is way too high!! I was very promiscuous in the past and deeply regret it now. I think at my age it should be below 10 but these days that seems to be very rare. As for any partners I have than the lower the number the better really but I'm not going to judge them over their pasts.

wee steve thats lovely :)

one of my best friends is 24 male and a virgin he has similar views to u, he's waitin for the right girl.

One more than your main partner considers acceptable.

i think its sweet people wait .. i really do . so much more willpower than me haha . youre awesome steeeeeve x

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

Weestev it's lovely to hear a man that views sex like that. I used to feel sex was for love only but then the guy I loved and lost my virginity too started cheating on me and I changed my views about sex. I don't regret it because I've enjoyed alot of my experiences but I do think its lovely when I hear of people who actually have the will power to wait for love

Totally agree, is really refreshing to hear. I'm sure whomever you do eventually choose will feel very special. I really wish I had waited for the right person.. I was a teen who gave in to peer pressure though unfortunatly :(

rubysoho wrote:

youre awesome steeeeeve x

duh ;) hahaha x