How many?

How many sex toys do people have?

I've just done an inventory as I'm trying to organise mine into different boxes, collections etc...

I've got a shocking amount! But then I thought it might be small fry here - hence the question.

I've got 7 that I don't really use - starter toys, freebies, battery toys etc. They are still good - I should probably use them up, not buy anymore batteries and ditch them when they are done.

I have a LH mains wand which doesn't do it for either of us in an intimate way but it is still a great general massager for both of us - I'll be keeping that and I'll try to remember to use it...

Which leaves me with about 20 regularly used, quite high end toys. That's a lot. Am I bonkers?

This doesn't include lingerie.

1 Like

I've just checked the menu and Mrs Chimp has about 40 ish different toys (after the clear out), plus 14 glass or steel dildos. We don't use all of them all of the time, but I try and rotate them every month. There's a couple that she used to love but which have been overshadowed by a new one (like the So Divine Wicked wand that has been pipped by the Mantric). We also have a lot of gadgety rabbits which are a lot of fun, but you wouldn't want to use them every day.

And there's a few cockrings that haven't made it onto the menu yet as they're in my boy toy box.

So, yeah, we have a few. 🙂

I cannot compete with you two! But we have about 25 (with a few more en-route thanks to the sale ;) ) but I'd say about 7 of those are regulars. I think I'm going to save my pennies and go for a luxurious higher end vibrator perhaps for my next purchase. Any recommendations? Lover of something smooth, silicone or jelly and not to realistic looking

1 Like

I just have one.

@Mr Chimp - glass and steel dildos counted as toys in my inventory (14 tho? wow!).

You sound to have a good system going.

I never pay full price, but even so it must add up. Variety is the spice of life, as the saying goes, and we never go out much in the evening together (me and MrR) or have a spicy weekend away because we have 3 kids on one salary, so this is our way of creating the same effect at home...

@Forever his: the Lovehoney sales are great for picking up bargains. In terms of recommendations, I'd go for Mantric or Desire - both brands are owned by LH and have arty, sculptural looking toys which are very effective ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Both Mantirc and Desire are well designed and there is lots of choice. I find the vibes much more powerful with the Desire brand, which I like, but their g-spot / rabbits etc tend to be (for me) on the large side. Mantric toys are still powerful - just a bit more gentle. Both look good. Both brands are often on offer.

Both Mantirc and Desire have great bullets and g-spot vibrators and rabbiits - certainly can't go wrong with the bullets, the rest is personla choice.

Good luck!

Knight1119 wrote:

I just have one.

Which one? We all want to know! Is it good and would you recommend it?

MsR wrote:

@Mr Chimp - glass and steel dildos counted as toys in my inventory (14 tho? wow!).

I never pay full price, but even so it must add up. Variety is the spice of life, as the saying goes, and we never go out much in the evening together (me and MrR) or have a spicy weekend away because we have 3 kids on one salary, so this is our way of creating the same effect at home...

We're much the same. I'm a stay-at-home dad looking after our little Chimp twins, so one salary for us too. I'm also a big bargain lover, and have got some real beauties every now and again. 🙂 We spent a fortune in the first few months, but as our collection filled out we had less need for so much new stuff. I also think you can get really good at reading reviews the more you know what you like, so you can be much more discerning.

I've kept a tally of how much we've spent, and on what, and it's a chunk, but I think about how much fun we've had for nearly 18 months and I think it's definitely worth it. And we've got enough stuff to keep us going for 10 times that long. 🙂 It probably won't stop me buying more though...

Best wishes to the little chimps!

Yes, an outlay at first - not sure when that stops but it should probably be soon. Bought a couple of things today tho!

I'm really bad at keeping a tally of expenditure on any front. But it is great for the kids to have their parents around ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

My husband is less keen on toys but happy to use them together. He's defo into lingerie, if I'm wearing it! Always a compliment.

All best x

Knight1119 wrote:

I just have one.

That has to change, just one, it will be lonely you know, sex toys are social creature, pack animals if you will.

😁

Around 40 too. To be fair the Womanizer is the most used....best toy ever.

Excluding bondage stuff 8. (6 are dildos, one wand and one vibrator.) Since hubby can’t I have any fun anymore I have had a real clear out, just keeping the best and most favourite items. That said my bondage box remains untouched.

Good luck Fun Louise - I have seen some of your other posts and I think you and your OH are doing tremedously well in difficult times. You are an inspiration - this could happen to anyone. All best wishes and hoping you can both have fun in whatever way works, building happy memories xxx

Ian Chimp wrote:

MsR wrote:

We're much the same. I'm a stay-at-home dad looking after our little Chimp twins, so one salary for us too. I'm also a big bargain lover, and have got some real beauties every now and again. 🙂 We spent a fortune in the first few months, but as our collection filled out we had less need for so much new stuff. I also think you can get really good at reading reviews the more you know what you like, so you can be much more discerning.

I've kept a tally of how much we've spent, and on what, and it's a chunk, but I think about how much fun we've had for nearly 18 months and I think it's definitely worth it. And we've got enough stuff to keep us going for 10 times that long. 🙂 It probably won't stop me buying more though...

Thanks Msr for your recommendations. I'll keep and eye on the sales - they are both ones I've heard good things about! A third for the kiddos on one salary front. Husband is a stay at home dad and has been for the last 4 years. It's been a struggle but I have to say LH did get us out of a dry spell in the bedroom after a stressful period and general life craziness with two boys! I've been looking through previous orders and did wince at the amount spent in a short period, but comparing the price to fixing that spot between us ... worth it! It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow and I have some goodies on the way, fingers crossed LH stops with the tempting deals for a while :D

About 10-15 for us but only really use 2 or 3 of what we have

Only 2 Just got our second recently We had the clone a willy but after a drunken night OH treated me to a realistic dildo. I’ve never seen anything so big ( quite sheltered in that department ). Think OH is regretting it a bit now

Fun Louise, that’s true, I have no idea what to look for though 🙂

I have approximately 40-50 toys. That's only dildos, vibrators, anal toys, wands, masturbation sleeves and other toys that either are insertable or can be penetrated. I'd say that I don't use 20% of them.

If I count in lingerie, fetish clothing and accessories, bondage, impact play and other items, the total number is easily over 100.

I'm addicted and loving it!!! xD

Last count I had 68. But that was last Christmas and there've been several sales since then!

Knight1119 wrote:

Fun Louise, that’s true, I have no idea what to look for though 🙂

Knight, I honestly hope I'm not coming across as patronising but you really don't need the company of another person or your plush to have orgasmic fun.

My OH, unlike me, refuses to use toys when he's alone. I'm hoping to remedy this before long as he's going to be away with work on his birthday. I'm going to buy him a Tenga hearts egg and put it in with his stuff before he goes as I think this would be the one he'd most likely not turn his nose up at. It's also not a large cost to lay out on something he might refuse to use (though I love hearts so I'm getting that design specifically so he might give in on that).

He's away a few times before then, though, so I may whip it out when we're together - I'm having a few problems at the mo that's making penetrative sex difficult so pulling it out while I'm having fun with one of my clit vibes might just be the time to introduce it instead of me giving him a hand/blow job.

I'll also be making use of a blindfold and some cuffs just in case ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

I have quite a few toys in my collection. I must have at least 40 including vibes, dildos and eggs. They give me huge physical pleasure (both with and without my OH) so I don't see why men shouldn't use toys to get the same level, too.

Maybe you could start with something simple like a Tenga egg, too, and go from there. Like I'll be telling my partner nothing ventured, nothing gained.

VR, thanks for your kind words, you’re not patronising at all. We don’t talk about sex, and we haven’t had sex for years. My girlfriend often apologises and says she feels guilty that she can’t face sex, and she gently says I should look to find someone else, I tell her she’s the only Lady I want, and that I will find other ways to satisfy myself, as a consequence over the years I thought I would find a release in sex dolls, they didn’t really help at all, also I joined the Forum to see what might help. I haven’t any experience of the types of sex toys, or sexual positions that are posted on here, she’s never asked me about my solo play and I never mention it. When I used to have sex with the few ladies I went out with, we only did it in the Missionary position with a condom. I often feel out of my depth.