How old are you and is your sex life improving with age?

Noticed someone asking questions along these lines so here we go, that's if people don't mind spilling the beans on their age?

I'm 40 and will be 41 on 1st Feb next. I thought I had a great sex life until I hit the big 4-0! It was as if someone had flicked a switch and my mind appears to have opened up and I'm so much more in touch with myself (mind and body) and also my partner who is 47. I seem to have much more energy and stamina. I'm doing things sexually now that I wouldn't have dreamt of even trying. I always wondered why she seemed to ooze sex appeal and now I know why. So I would most definitely say YES! My own sex life has improved with age.

SG69 x

I'm 42 and 1/3 and Gee is 44. I couldn't agree with my old mucker* above (he is above me, but not for long) - up until about a year or so ago we were ticking along, sort of hum-ho but putting that down to age and having been together for 20+ years.

But in the past 9 months or so, wowser. We are trying things we never thought possible.

I dunno about more enrgy and stamina but I do believe that as you get older, especially as a woman, when your childbearing years are getting behind you, then sex and sexuality become much more pleasure focussed. You relax and start to grow as a sexual being. You become open to exploring more avenues.

I feel more confident, more alive and yes more horny now than I did 20 years ago. And I am loving it

*and yes, I would never have been so flirty and bawdy with someone as I am on here when I was younger. Epic win for the 40-somethings!

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Noticed someone asking questions along these lines so here we go, that's if people don't mind spilling the beans on their age?

I'm 40 and will be 41 on 1st Feb next. I thought I had a great sex life until I hit the big 4-0! It was as if someone had flicked a switch and my mind appears to have opened up and I'm so much more in touch with myself (mind and body) and also my partner who is 47. I seem to have much more energy and stamina. I'm doing things sexually now that I wouldn't have dreamt of even trying. I always wondered why she seemed to ooze sex appeal and now I know why. So I would most definitely say YES! My own sex life has improved with age.

43, and a big fat juicy fer-definite yes! My sex life started to blossom when I was 38 and it's been rocketing towards betterness ever since. I hope I never get there, I'm enjoying the journey. :)

SEXYGET 69 wrote: I'm 40

Lubyanka wrote: 43

Yay for the groovy and sexy children of the 60'sExternal Media

(as opposed to in our 60'sExternal Media, before any of you whippersnappers say a word!)

JayGee wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote: I'm 40

Lubyanka wrote: 43

Yay for the groovy and sexy children of the 60'sExternal Media

(as opposed to in our 60'sExternal Media, before any of you whippersnappers say a word!)

Whippersnapper sounds absolutely filthy!

I might be fairly young but I think I'm doing pretty darn well and I think it's all down to lots of communication and lots of practice. The biggest thing is definately talking, as soon as I started really opening up to my partner about sex .... well it just got more and more wild and wonderful! I can't wait to see myself with some more years of experience behind me...hopefully I'll be as hot and horny as "the sexy children of the 60s" are now!

xxKPxx

I'm 21, and my sex life is much much better than it was when I was 17 (when I first had sex) with my ex. It helps that I now have a loving, understanding and considerate partner. We truly click in the sex dept!

I'm 33 as is my OH but it's just recently that I feel like I have been able to open up more and really am having a blast. I agree with others that communication is the key. We have helped each others confidence in and out the bedroom and that has made such a difference to our sex life, doing things I wouldn't have imagined so yes I do think sex gets better with age!

x

Woo woo ladies!

Brilliant.

SG69 x

I feel so young! 21 and 1/3. I became sexually active (sounds like a punishing fitness regime) at 20 so definitely. It does help having a flat which is just ours, and confidence increase.

I am 49 in a couple of months, and up till very recently, sex was wonderful, varied and plentiful with my husband with whom I have been since we were 14 !.

However, I think I may be starting to be a bit menopausal (spelling?) periods are getting later and unpredictable, feeling tired, and honestly cant remember the last time I entertained myself with the rabbit .

Any thoughts very welcome, on the HRT front, OH says I should go and see the doc...

eljay wrote:

However, I think I may be starting to be a bit menopausal (spelling?) periods are getting later and unpredictable, feeling tired, and honestly cant remember the last time I entertained myself with the rabbit .

Any thoughts very welcome, on the HRT front, OH says I should go and see the doc...

I'm sure there will be plenty of people here who can give you more advice, but I'd agree with your OH - for medical advice, it's always the best idea to see your GP (especially if it's a bit of a problem that's been going on for a while). Good luck!

eljay wrote:

I am 49 in a couple of months, and up till very recently, sex was wonderful, varied and plentiful with my husband with whom I have been since we were 14 !.

Hi elijay - long time no see posting hun - *hugs* to welcome you backExternal Media

I'm sorry to read that you are feelinga bit woried about if you are ready to enter the next exciting phase of your life. I would definitely see your doctor, or if you don't feel comfortable with him/ her, then visit a well-woman clinic. Last year I had very heavy bleeding and the initial thought was I either had fibroids or was peri-menopausal (i.e. I was entering the early stages). It ended up just being hormonal, which has beon massively helped by my using a Mirena coil.

Anyway, please please seek advice - and don't see this as a terrible thing. Wishing you a speedy return to being your glorious and sexy selfExternal Media you inspiring woman you XXX

for me the sex is definitely getting better but i'm getting worse lol! all this sitting down all day is making me fat and unfit which has an effect both physically and mentally!

time i got my fat arse back to the gym me thinks lol

I'm 43 ( and a half), hubby will be 44 next month.

He thinks I'm trying to kill him with sex, I would be up for it twice a day most of the time , he very often needs a day's respite so I'm always horny. We normally average every other day.

Sex has never been so satisfying , for either of us,until this past year or so and I put it down to no kids at home + working compatible shifts - there's a lot to be said for going to bed and getting up together .

How weird is it that you can go 20 + years thinking sex is nice, then one day it's like, WOW, we never knew it could be this intense. I honestly think it's down to having the time for each other.

29 and yes its getting better all the time as my confidence grows. Had a rough start into My sex life at 15 but with my loving and caring OH Ive been able to explore not just with him but also others. Not always as sexual partners sometimes along fetish lines.

I'm very lucky being able to have a trusting long term relationship with my man for the past 5 years as well as now able to indulge my lesbian side and desire to have male submissives for power exchange and more [no sexual contact].

I have one child, a little boy 4 years old :)

I'm a month away from 26 and I'd have to say yes as well... I think when you're young (am I still young?!?) it's all about the learning curve, exploring your body, your tastes and gaining more sexual confidence. I'm still learning all the time and I hope that the best is yet to come!

22 and yes is the answear and i think if it stays this case then theres atleast one good thing about getting older each year! ;-)

Dxx

Am I the youngest to reply (and mention an age specifically)? I'm 19 and been "active" since (just) 16....I'll go with better with "practise" rather than "age" seeings as I'm not that much older! For me, it's talking about it lots that makes it better!!

Ax

Well, it sounds as if we, at 55 and 56 are the oldest to post so far and we are agreed that, on balance, things are still getting better for us - probably due to having the house to ourselves again now the children are grown up, and the lower work stress from being semi-retired.

We also reckon you only regret the things you don't do so we are inclined to give anything a try at least once 8-)

i'm 18 and have only been having sex for two years, and only with the one guy, but it has improved, simply because our relationship has improved and our communication lines are open so we can talk about what we want,

i hope it just keeps getting better!