Sex when you get older

Hi All, I'm 47year old my OH is 48 and we have a good sex life, infact it's better now than it was 20 years ago which is great and we love presently how good it is. My concern is do couples find the older they get it stops or do couples find in there 60s, 70s that they still have a good sex life, as would.love to hear that couples are still active in there 60s an 70s and still enjoying sex

I'm 67 and my wife is 66. Our sex life is far more varied and encompasses far more things than it ever did. We use a wide variety of toys now and anal sex and pegging has become a regular part of our repertoire.

Luck of the draw . I am 61 and as as horny as I have ever been . Wife , not so much . My reccomendation is to try all the crazy positions you want before your body gets too wore out . I could probably preform a third as many positions as when I was 30 . I fear that I may lose many more positions in the next few years . Some extremely lucky people are great physically and still have sex drive after 75 . PLay while you can !

I am 63 my Oh is 44 no problems i the sex department

Good thread.

I'm late 40s and things are better than ever, so I'm interested in hearing from people 10 and 20 years+ older, too!

My husband and I joke that we are just now doing what everyone else did in their 20s while we were reading books... (met later, both postgrads).

For us there were some menopause related issues but I did my research and got over those - I might start a separate thread where people can share their tips on that topic.

MsR wrote:

For us there were some menopause related issues but I did my research and got over those - I might start a separate thread where people can share their tips on that topic.

We'd be interested in that thread. Mrs Chimp has been perimenopausal for a few years now so any tips or insights would be great. πŸ‘

Ian Chimp wrote:

MsR wrote:

We'd be interested in that thread. Mrs Chimp has been perimenopausal for a few years now so any tips or insights would be great. πŸ‘

I'll put one up in the next few days, then. Complex topic as no one is the same... might as well swap notes, tho!

Oh, the menopause... I am in the throes of it now. What a fun time it hasn't been.

I knew I'd be in for a rough ride as my hormones have always been a bloody nightmare.

I tried the tablet form of HRT and my mood suffered badly. Anxiety was truly awful.

The patch (Evorel) was okay, but kept falling off in the shower which meant I wasn't getting the full dose. I was as horny as a teenager on it, though.

I'm just about to start second month of gel/tablet combo. I've had more energy than I've had for years, but boy, have I been a moody cow! Oh, and I've never been so un-horny (not that OH is up for it after he's had me snarling at him at for doing something the "wrong way" again).

While I was peri I found vitamin B6 to be good for helping moods and Agnus Castus good for helping regulate my hormones.

There's loads more but I'm knackered so will return tomorrow.

I used Black Cohosh to great effect during this stage, glad it’s over though am enjoying growing old very disgracefully !

At 60+ if the male is able to erect and sustain his erection throughout, he's among the few lucky ones. I have seen many frustrated couples whose husband has erection but not sustainable. So most turned to "BLUE" pills for help. (Asian) Men usually suffer from ED when they hit 50. Worst if his sexual life is inactive due to many reasons.

@VR: I tried the tablet form of HRT and my mood suffered badly. Anxiety was truly awful

I can sympathise because one form of hrt I tried made me feel murderous! They all contain a form of progestogen: norethisterone is the most popular one and that's the one which had me shouting and throwing household objects.

There are other tablets with different forms:

medroxyprogesterone e.g. in Indivina (I feel like my normal self on this, including libido as well as mood)

dydrogesterone e.g. in Femeston, another popular choice

Both copy natural hormones a bit more carefully - it might help to try different formulas.

We are both in our late 60s and still enjoying sex almost as frequently as we did when we first met, 15 years ago. A few weeks after getting together we started swinging and we still swing - usually now with good friends we've made in the lifestyle rather than new couples. Our rate of that has gone down from at least monthly to maybe every 2/3 months, but we're still capable of, and still enjoy group-sex. We have no intention of stopping until we have to!

I'm coming up on 63, my wife is coming up on 65. Honestly, our sex life is better than ever. We've been married 40 years. I think we're both comfortable now talking about what we like, and with using toys. Having the time of my life!