How to choose the right swimwear

My vote is for the pink one.

1 Like

Whaddya think of the idea overall? Sexy on a guy?
I honestly can’t quite decide. I know there’s always the “You do you” thing but……

Personally no, it doesn’t appeal to me. It wouldn’t turn me off but that would be leaning more towards cross dressing for me. As you say though “you do you”.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m kind of undecided. I was quite keen at first but I think swimwear just lacks that secretive naughtiness that comes with lingerie and is perhaps just too practical?
Think I might order that pink Speedo one as it’s the least costly, and see how I feel with it on. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I love the blue one​:heart_eyes:

The first one I posted?
Yeah, I like how snug it looks, just a bit worried it’s a very narrow cut at the waist. Not sure it’d hold everything in! :hushed:

1 Like

That blue one is definitely not going to hold anything in lol that looks like it would be giving me a vedgy :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I actually wondered if the model is wearing the wrong size as it does look rather tight in places :hushed:
Have added another one, with the pink wavy lines that looks like it might be a better fit as the legs are a lower cut, and I actually quite like purely because of the pattern more than anything.
Or is a bikini better? I dunno.
https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/images-to-share-in-topics/259586/491

The blue one fits right, it’s just a high cut leg. The lower cut leg will hold your bits better. After that it’s just the style.

If you got a bikini, you could wear the bottoms in public and people wouldn’t automatically know they weren’t ‘mens’.

2 Likes

Yes, the bikini thing did cross my mind although I’m not sure it’s an issue as I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere public which is also a swimwear environment.
In terms of fit I guess it’s a lot like lingerie in that different designs may or may not work on a male body. Guess it just needs a little trial and error. I’ve ordered the pink bikini for now :crossed_fingers: :grin:

2 Likes

I still like the blue one, but take the point about bits falling out! The pink bikini is a good call :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So my order arrived….
Wasn’t sure what size to get as it’s a slightly different garment to my usual lingerie choices but it seems I chose ok. Being swimwear means it’s far more functional and accommodating so it fits ok.
The pants are great and, as suggested, could almost pass for male swimwear on their own, and the top is perhaps a little tighter than I expected but certainly not uncomfortably so.
In terms of how it makes me feel in my head…yeah it’s not got the same naughtiness as lingerie, probably because it’s not meant to be as intimate or private but it looks good on me and there’s still a little ridiculousness going on too plus the taboo excitement of wearing something meant for showcasing the female form. The only thing I can’t really judge yet is how it looks and feels when actually in the water.
Choice of colour is maybe a bit pale on me. Should’ve gone for something in black after all! :joy:
Also a bit unsure about getting a one-piece too.

3 Likes

Well done for trying stuff out. That’s what it’s all about :wink:

Thought I’d give it a try and in terms of how it fits there are none of the issues that sometimes go with lingerie eg. No underwires or padded cups to worry about and the pants are the same as fuller style knickers (high waist etc) so no problems there.
I think the biggest difference is that swimwear just isn’t quite as glamorous or fancy as lingerie (at least the swimwear I’ve been looking at) so it doesn’t feel quite so indulgent and special (?). It’s still fun though and I won’t deny it was a bit of a buzz trying it on for the first time and getting it sitting right. OH hasn’t seen it on me yet so we’ll have to wait and see. She’s a bit like @JoCat ….thinks it’ll be a giggle but probably not as outwardly sexy as lingerie on a man. I wonder if the black tie-up bikini in the photos would be better as it can be undressed a bit more….seductively :yum:

3 Likes

The difference in the top and bottom unfortunately comes with getting a set, women have this issue as well. It’s so much better to have mix and match so that you can get the right sizes so that the colour and pattern (if there is one) isn’t stretched.

The black tie up bikini could be fun for your partner to sneak up and pull the ties :wink:

If you’ve got a bath, you take take it for a dip.

Yes, the un-tieing idea is why I thought it might be a better option. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Regards fitting, the pink Speedo is ok to be fair. Obviously the Lycra/spandex element of swimwear makes it so much more forgiving. The bra top just seems to sit slightly differently to a normal lingerie bra, or maybe it’s just that it’s covering more makes it feel a bit more of a snug fit? Whatever it is, it feels good in every way, although I’ll admit I’m just a tad worried it might be drifting in to full on cross-dressing like you said…

@marbles1 Or, if the place you are going to is that secluded, why not wear a piece of your favourite looking lingerie. Perhaps something you already have. I have a few pieces that were sold as and made for either role. Given the right environment would happily wear as swim wear.

Nice suggestion but all my lingerie is very “boudoir” :wink:

I can picture you turning up at a beach in your basque :joy:

2 Likes

If anything I’d choose my cami-suspender. It’s my new go-to lingerie item :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Not sure it’d work in the pool though :rofl:

2 Likes