How to follow people?

Ah thanks @Ian_Chimp can I ask how do I know if my profile is private or public ??

Your profile is hidden at the moment, but you can unhide it by toggling off the ‘Hide my public profile and presence features’ option on your Preferences/Interface page :+1:

Thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

I think I’ve just made my profile public. Has it worked?

2 Likes

It has indeed. :+1:

2 Likes

You legend @Ian_Chimp i think I finally made my profile public. Thanks :raised_hands:

1 Like

What does following someone do? Sorry, I’m a bit clueless!

Not sure if you get notifications every time the people you are following post?
If so, I hope it doesn’t apply to the games!

1 Like

If you Follow someone you can be notified when they reply, or if they start a new topic, though you would have to set those on your Profile/Notifications page. But you can leave those as they are and still benefit from having an easy-access ‘friends’ list like the olden days, as well as a post feed made up of only posts from the people you’re following as an overview of the conversations they’ve been actively involved in recently. You can find that on your Follow page (but only when you have something to show :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

I had a follow as well, I have set to follow you as you always have great comments/advice. I hope you don’t mind @Mrs.John

1 Like

Yes it public

1 Like

Poll time! In regards to follow lists being visible to other members:

Would you like follows/followed lists to be visible to other members?
  • Yes - I would like them to be visible
  • No - I would like them to be hidden
  • I don’t mind

0 voters

1 Like

As much as this isn’t answering your question. I dont mind either way if visible or not.

3 Likes

Same , don’t really mind

1 Like

I snuck in an extra option while there were no votes… :slight_smile:

Aaah. instant edit. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I don’t mind either way!

1 Like

I dont mind either way

I don’t mind either way.

What good does this do? Seems like on step closer to communicating with people.

We aren’t even allowed to have back and forth conversation in a post. But now I can follow people around a chat room but not talk to them in a conversation? Seems like a strange feature to add that enables you to get closer to doing something that isn’t allowed now…

If you find certain members advice useful, you can follow them to get a feed of their posts. This is an extra tool when it comes to finding great advice and information!

It has not been added so that members can “follow people around” on the forum, if this feature starts being used as a tool to harass and flirt with other members then it may need to be removed. :slight_smile:

5 Likes