I Got a Prezzie! (Apr18-Oct18)

Oh no! Such a shame it's going !

Oh man, now I'll never know the joy of receiving this anonymous act of kindness 😞

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I am sorry I come bearing some news that may upset this thread...

Secret Wishlist shopping will soon be no more.

Over the next few weeks, it will be phased out, some of you will still be able to purchase from someone else's wishlist without knowing their address and others will not until eventually it will be gone for all.

Wish lists will still be an option, so as far as tester list or those you share with people close to you it is still do-able, but to send something out the individual you will need to already know their postal address to input it.

We are aware it will impact sending presents to other forum members, which is why we wanted to give you notice that it will be happening.

As of yet, there is no specific 'go live' date on this change but when there is one we will keep you posted.

So, on another note, get your secret wish list shopping in now, we also have a huge sale!

As everyone else has mentioned! Why is this happening, what brought about this decision? :(

When I don't want to buy myself something, I instead buy something or start shopping for someone else .

Sad to hear this news.

I will miss being able to send people a little something to make their day :(

Over the next few weeks, it will be phased out, some of you will still be able to purchase from someone else's wishlist without knowing their address and others will not until eventually it will be gone for all.

Wish lists will still be an option, so as far as tester list or those you share with people close to you it is still do-able, but to send something out the individual you will need to already know their postal address to input it.

We are aware it will impact sending presents to other forum members, which is why we wanted to give you notice that it will be happening.

As of yet, there is no specific 'go live' date on this change but when there is one we will keep you posted.

So, on another note, get your secret wish list shopping in now, we also have a huge sale!

This is really sad. It's lovely to be able to put a smile on the face of a person having a hard time. Sadly with a wedding to pay for I'm not going to be able to send any gifts anytime soon. So I'm very sorry my LOVEHONEY friends but you will not recieve any more gifts from me.

πŸ˜₯

Ohhh so sad that this has to end xx

Sorry to hear the secret shopping function will be disappearing - I liked popping in here and seeing who'd got a surprise pressie in the post!

Awww no. I really enjoyed sending out little presents every now and again.

Ian Chimp wrote:

@Smultron

Why, thank you very much. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve such generosity, but I certainly appreciate it. πŸ™‚ You really are incredibly good at choosing presents. I had my eye on both the glass dildo and the blow job stroker, and after no-one claimed to have sent them I was half-convinced I'd bought them myself while drunk and I'd simply forgotten. I even checked my order history to make sure. πŸ™‚

You are wonderful in the forum, I always love reading your comments. Such humor, wit and creativity! Haha, glad I tricked you xD

MissTerror wrote:

Oh you....! :D I absolutely love it thank you for putting a much needed smile on my face! X

I'm just so happy to hear that! =)

That is sad to hear, I really loved both sending and receiving gifts from other forum members, and have also gotten a few gifts from other friends with whom I didn't feel comfortable sharing my full name and address. I am definitely going to miss that feature! ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)![](upload://7FkB1REUa7tcpRkNGIya8WdAFD6.gif)

Smultron wrote:

Ian Chimp wrote:

@Smultron

Why, thank you very much. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve such generosity, but I certainly appreciate it. πŸ™‚ You really are incredibly good at choosing presents. I had my eye on both the glass dildo and the blow job stroker, and after no-one claimed to have sent them I was half-convinced I'd bought them myself while drunk and I'd simply forgotten. I even checked my order history to make sure. πŸ™‚

You are wonderful in the forum, I always love reading your comments. Such humor, wit and creativity! Haha, glad I tricked you xD

I shall be printing this off and keeping it in my 'Nice Things People Have Said About Me' scrapbook. πŸ™‚ I'm not going to lie, there's not much in there - but you will be in the esteemed company of my Year 10 Food Technology report card that says, and I quote, 'His Victoria sponge lacked any resemblance of visual appeal, but was surprisingly enjoyable nonetheless', and a note I found scribbled in an old journal of Mrs Chimp's that said, 'First date with [Ian Chimp] - lacked any resemblance of visual appeal, but was surprisingly enjoyable nonetheless'. πŸ™‚

Hahaha! Yes, this is exactly what I mean... x'D

NikitaMaxine wrote:

I sent something out to someone again today so keep an eye opened.

I thought I'd give this a little bump as no-one has said they've received anything yet. I know some people have their stuff sent to the post office so they'll never know a gift is waiting for them. You may want to reveal who you sent it to so they can check. πŸ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

NikitaMaxine wrote:

I sent something out to someone again today so keep an eye opened.

I thought I'd give this a little bump as no-one has said they've received anything yet. I know some people have their stuff sent to the post office so they'll never know a gift is waiting for them. You may want to reveal who you sent it to so they can check. πŸ™‚

I noticed 😣

@Deliliah1 please check your postals 🀐

I am not in here all the time just due to crazy work schedules / demands a lot... but it honestly makes me very sad to see the feature to send a wishlist item to someone without knowing their details very sad. I felt this was something that was unique to lovehoney and also made this community even more special really.

I am sure there is a business case / need for this Leanne but can you please consider allowing people to announ gift people LH vouchers or electronic giftcards in some way?

I am sure there is a business case / need for this Leanne but can you please consider allowing people to announ gift people LH vouchers or electronic giftcards in some way?

As long as an email address is known for the recipient, then vouchers can be sent via this link: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/gift-vouchers/

You don't have to use your real name or email as the sender, as I do it for Review of the month and use Bot.

That is the only way to do this as 'anon sender'.

We are not allowed to share our contact information on the forum so I am not sure how that can work.... I agree this is a solid solution to for someone I already know their email address just trying to brainstorm a way to be able to still gift in some form to fellow community members.

Thank you for such a quick response.

Apologies I thought you meant a way to send vouchers as an anonymous person in general.

In that case, the gifting side of things is still very much on it's way out as you are correct details are not allowed to be shared, especially with GDPR in full swing now.

I will update once I have dates on more movement on this and will close the thread down when the time comes.

In the meantime look out for potential gifts or posts, as it seems people are taking this time to send some bits out, especially with the sale on.

Just to clarify, it would be really lovely to be able to click on a person's profile and select "Send a voucher" in the future. I am not sure what GDPR means but I assume something IT or regulatory in nature. Thank you.