I might have gone a bit too big this time...

So my partners bullet vibe died this weekend, the 50% sale was on and I had a discount code. So I came onto Lovehoney and snapped up a We-Vibe Tango as we had been discussing a rechargeable bullet for a while and snapped up a Lovehoney wand since they have always intrigued me for both massage and play (plus always handy if battery toys die at the wrong moment).

Since there was extra discount off two Lovehoney toys I thought it might be interesting to get one of the extenders. My Mrs had commented that she would like to try something bigger than one of the 5.5” circumference glass toy we have...so I snapped up the 2 extra inches bigger girth extension. I just opened it before after I got home from work and wow it is large.

Now I’m wondering if I’ve grabbed something a bit too extreme for the mrs :-s. Wondering how she will react when she sees it? Any suggestions how to show her it with less impact?

Not sure what the rules on bumping are, I know in online forums it is usually frowned upon, but I feel I posted this when too many of the lovely people in here had tucked themselves into bed with their latest shiney purchases.

Any suggestions?

It has a girth that’s 6.5 inches so I would say that it might be too big of a jump for her at the moment? I usually recommend going up in half an inch increment as that allows the body to adjust. If she’s said before that she’d like to try something bigger than I think getting something that’s in between the two sizes first may make the two extra inches extension less extreme when she sees it?

Agree with Nat&Tom that it could be a bit of a stretch in more ways than one. I would suggest showing your partner and see how she feels, if she’s wanting bigger then maybe she likes the “full” feeling and after plenty of warm up play and lube she might be able to give it a little test. But I would suggest getting something either an inch of 1/2inch bigger than your original before jumping to 2 extra inches.

I know a previous partner loved the actual struggle moment when trying to get toys in and she went from an average girth to huge toys, it was really hot to watch and half of them she never managed but we were suprised by others as she could handle them easily. My suggestion is to present the toy but assure her that it’s up to her if it’s too big and if it’s far too much then speak to customer services and you can probably get this returned (if unopened) and get something a little smaller.

Cheers for the replies. It’s annoying as the extensions/sleeves seem to jump from 5.5”, 5.75” to 6.5”. 6” might have been a better bridging point.

I might put a suggestion in the panda thread to have an incremental range? Mrs doesn’t really mind much about length so they could do it in any length range :)

5.5 - 6.5 isnt that big of a jump. My partner is not a size queen but can just manage a 6.5 inch vibrator we have after a little warm up. Just let her decide and if shes up for it take your time working up to it.

I'm inclined to agree with you B&L, I also bought the same sleeve which arrived last week and it just looks massive, not sure about showing it to my OH. I also got one of the 1" sleeves which she has seen and is up for trying. I think there probably should be something inbetween the two size wise! Have you tried using yours yet?