I would like some advice PLEASE

Ahhhh Hourglass That is so caring and lovely....Thank you xxx I do like sex (wouldn't be on LH if we didn't:-) )...but I love closeness too. For me one without the other doesn't work. And thank you for the hugs....hugs back at you x

Age is no barrier to finding that special person, having low self esteem is not unusual, especially someone who had been cheated on. There will be loads of single women of a similar age out there who will appreciate you. Just know that this forum is full of caring people who will support you and hopefully build your confidence in yourself.

You can certainly have both my darling :) Personally I’ve had a loving long term relationship with an older gentleman that had both components. I guess you have to ask yourself two questions. Do you think the situation with your wife can change in the next 6,12 months? I would factor that she doesn’t want to talk about the lack of sex when considering this. If you don’t think there will be a change, can you live with this? I really hope things turn out well for you whatever you decide x

And well done you for writing it down and discussing it with the forum...takes some balls. Hope you find the time to think it through and find out what YOU really want to find happiness...❤

WillC

I am finding out there is lots of caring and support in the Community here. And the advice I am receiving is heartfelt and balanced.

Thank you for yours ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Sorry your wife did that to you but I repeat what has been said by some members, still living apart 2 years after getting back together sounds like she's not too sure herself if that's she wants and not wanting sex either is a red flag unfortunatly.

As with all relationships is communication, maybe have a serious talk face to face as to what the future holds for both of you, found out if she really wants to be with you and if she 100% wants to work through stuff together.

But end of the day, its only you that can decide, don't allow yourself to be deprived of happiness if this ends up not going anywhere.

Thank you Hourglass 95 for your caring and positive message. ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

If there isn't going to be any changes in this relationship, then I am not going to be able to live with it. It will destroy me I rather think. I have to make that decision and then go with it. I will talk with her again to try and work out a way forward...BUT I don't want to be unhappy and I DO want her to be happy!

xx

Thank you CurvyJilly ... Appreciate your support and ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

EmmaC

Thank you for your reply.

I am going to talk with my wife about the way forward (if there is one). If not then I have to bite the bullet and stay friends but go our own ways... Hurtful probably but we both need happiness x

Is she using you for emotional support and needs and fulfilling her sexual needs elsewhere?

It almost sounds like a case of emotional abuse, perhaps not even intentionally, she may legitimately enjoy having you there to comfort and support her without realising that in doing so, is holding you in a somewhat one way relationship, where she gets the benefits but can back off at any point and leave you hanging.

Only you can decide if you are happy to exist like that, but if a relationship isn't moving forward and constantly developing / evolving, then where is it going?

As for whether or not you will meet someone else?

In my opinion, having no one but being able to love yourself beats being in a one sided relationship...

There isent much I can add to this I think every one has said wat I was thinking.. All I will say is do what's best for you! It's tough letting go of some one you care about but you have to put your self first..

Hello, After reading what you’ve said I’d agree with the comments from others that it sounds your relationship has ran it’s course and it’s time to call it a day. Good luck with finding someone new and enjoy being able to start a fresh!

Confused07 wrote I am a 50 something guy with a low esteem of myself.... Who on earth would require any of that?? X

Don't put yourself down ! Being over 50 certainly isn't over the hill as far as I and I'm sure,many others are concerned. You know what they say ' There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle ' I'm 56 by the way so I know what I'm talking about lol .

I know it's easier said than done to feel confident in yourself ,especially when you've been through a relationship breakup but you will get there ☺

Senator wrote:

Is she using you for emotional support and needs and fulfilling her sexual needs elsewhere?

It almost sounds like a case of emotional abuse, perhaps not even intentionally, she may legitimately enjoy having you there to comfort and support her without realising that in doing so, is holding you in a somewhat one way relationship, where she gets the benefits but can back off at any point and leave you hanging.

Only you can decide if you are happy to exist like that, but if a relationship isn't moving forward and constantly developing / evolving, then where is it going?

As for whether or not you will meet someone else?

In my opinion, having no one but being able to love yourself beats being in a one sided relationship...

Senator, Thank you for your post..

I really don't think she is fulfilling her sexual need elsewhere, especially at the moment (just my gut feeling) but as for the rest of what you say, I am begining to feel this may be the case. You have definately said what I have been thinking and trying to supress.

Thank you

Hi Tootsies

Thank you for your message. x

I am certainly being helped and guided by the support people like you are giving me on here

Thank you x

Pinkpenguin03, Hi

Also thank you for your message, It is re-assuring to know there is support from guys on here, like yourself, as I struggle with this

Thank you xx

wildflower wrote:

Confused07 wrote I am a 50 something guy with a low esteem of myself.... Who on earth would require any of that?? X

Don't put yourself down ! Being over 50 certainly isn't over the hill as far as I and I'm sure,many others are concerned. You know what they say ' There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle ' I'm 56 by the way so I know what I'm talking about lol .

I know it's easier said than done to feel confident in yourself ,especially when you've been through a relationship breakup but you will get there ☺

Ahhh,

Thank you wildflower x

Don't think i am quite over the hill, I am healthy and fit(ish) lol... Maybe I could play a reasonable tune again, if I could find a someone to take the time and effort to re-tune me ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)...

If we do go along the break-up route, that will so hard. Not only are we 'married' but best friends. BUT I feel it may come to that.

Maybe that tune will have to be "Sunshine after the Rain" ...Elkie Brooks or even November Rain...Guns n Roses! (Emulating Slash might not be possible though lol)

Thank you Wildflower xx![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)![](upload://vsZAqK62RaQWD13ReBk2BlQBseS.gif)

GoGirl12....thank you A different perspective to some of the other guys. We have both had counselling separately but I would be willing to try joint sessions. Although lockdown may present a problem. I will speak with my wife about weekend stays (MOD COMMENT: AFTER LOCKDOWN IS OVER). Be interesting to hear her response. Thank you again GoGirl x

I will keep you guys up to date, if and when anything progresses. Interesting the Tracey Cox thing....thank you :-)

I wish you well, hope things work out for you! 👍