If we made a new forum, what would YOU want from it?

Hard one having been here some time the forum has "lost something" every day the same topics are at the top, Have you, would you, chain reaction etc. with few if any new truely new topics, maybe its just me, but then I've bought nothing from LH this year?

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Hard one having been here some time the forum has "lost something" every day the same topics are at the top, Have you, would you, chain reaction etc. with few if any new truely new topics, maybe its just me, but then I've bought nothing from LH this year?

The games do get bumped to the top a lot. Maybe they could tweak it so they were all in their own subforum which didn't feed into the main Recent Activity list?

The option to stay logged on.

A quick link to 'My Profile' as on this page shows my recent active posts.

A button to see latest post in a topic.

Ian Chimp wrote:

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

The games do get bumped to the top a lot. Maybe they could tweak it so they were all in their own subforum which didn't feed into the main Recent Activity list?

There already is a sub forum bit on the desktop site which kind of helps filter posts. No idea what it's like on mobile though!

I've not read everyone's reply here...cause I'm lazy. But sorting out the fact on my phone when I hit "return" it gives me a new line etc instead of one massive paragraph, so I don't need to constantly be doing that <*p> <*/p> without the *

Sorry if it has already come up but full mobile device compatibility would be useful. I do try to format my posts but all that is lost when I hit submit.

MrL wrote:

There already is a sub forum bit on the desktop site which kind of helps filter posts. No idea what it's like on mobile though!

It's the same on mobile too. But the collated 'Recent Activity' front page is good for bundling all the subforum posts together so you can see an overview of all the latest posts. It's just the games which can seem a bit 'spammy'. Having them separated out from 'Off-topic' and then left in their own subforum for people to play without them being included in 'Recent Activity' may avoid/help ameliorate the issue Quiet ones are worse! raised.

Colossaloak wrote:

Sorry if it has already come up but full mobile device compatibility would be useful. I do try to format my posts but all that is lost when I hit submit.

There's a few tips and tricks in this thread that can help you out with formatting. Though, as Bigiain said, it can be a bit of a faff. πŸ™‚

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1576978-helpful-tips-for-lovehoney-forum-use/page-3/

Forum to be put back in to the search bar please

paulsballs wrote:

Forum to be put back in to the search bar please

Menu bar

Maybe you could add a search function inside a particular thread as well? Sometimes I'll search for some keyword and the threads that come up have 60-80 pages of content with no indication of where the keyword was mentioned. Having to then click through each individual page looking for it would take a painfully long time. An internal search function like that could also help people find older posts in the same thread, or double-check that they're not repeating themselves or others.

Nick , nothing specific here . But another forum I am involved with that is international and been around since at least 2003 is a motorcycle site "ADVRider " . It has evolved over the years and works quite well . Anyone can enter site without joining , but some of the more interesting sections are members only . Granted they probably have one heck of a budget . Good luck with any improvements .

I lurk a lot but don't post often (really should fix that!)

Another vote here for better linking with the main site. When someone posts a link to a product , it would be good to have am image or even some details come up for it right in the post itself. I know we can click on the link but sometimes people will post several links in one post.

Also another vote for a better search facility.

Apart from that, an update look for the whole forum would be good. It's a bit dated and I think the categories could do with a shake up and expanding on.

To be able to get a notification when there are new Topic posts in a category

Can I just say, and I know it's incredibly petty, but the lack of < formatting options while using mobile is honestly awful. I genuinely do not post replies for 90% of what I want to because I can't stand that it will become a squished up mess πŸ˜‚ And I'm not gonna lie, it's a little bit disheartening to see that this issue was picked up on 8 months ago and still doesnt have any fixes πŸ˜”

of course, I can type the code myself to do this... But there is literally a line of text that tells me not to use html code, and quite frankly, this is the only forum I am a part of where if I use line spacing in my posts it doesn't translate to the actual post - just very confusing as to why this site just isn't very mobile compatible after all these years

So, did everyone get what they wanted? :slightly_smiling_face:

It would be great to be able download an app to chat on similar to FB messenger. Also there is no community chat forum on the home page tool bar, we have to search for it or bookmark the page. This would encourage new members to check out the new forum too. Overall I do like the forum page it’s very modern and easy to use. Also it encourages positivity because you cannot shame anyone from disliking their comments or questions which is very important to be able to express oneself.