If we made a new forum, what would YOU want from it?

I have another. A bigger text box when editing. On my phone it's about big enough for two words. I can drag the corner to make it bigger, but it'd be nice if it was just a normal size to start with. πŸ‘

I think like most have commented, a half decent Search would be nice.

General appearance could be improved, such as Quoted posts, maybe each level tabbed in, can be hard to trace through the boxes - a little tough on the eyes.

Also, Would be good to 'like' or 'dislike' a comment, a 'follow' perhaps, so if particular topic has an update can get a notification. I think whats currently there works in terms of privacy (or at least for me), it just needs a little spruce up. If too much is done around allowing images, memes etc., people may abuse it would become a lot harder to administer.

If anything is bought in for changes to Friends where can directly communicate, the current option of not being contactable needs to be available (and default). My OH would not be comfortable if discussions when from open shared forum to direct and private.

I'd expect with a lot of the subject matter it is difficult to make massive changes and also keep everyone feeling 'safe', if thats the right way to put it.

Oh and some little bits so that if you get logged out whilst typing a long message, you don't lose what you have written - that has caught me out too many times ha ha ha

To be honest, having used the forums for a few years now, Iapart from the recent issues, I like it as it is. I'm not keen on the phone notification idea as if its a popular thread you could go ping crazy. I would like a few more emoji's to use in text, maybe some sexy ones

Hi Nick,

Thanks for asking. I love the forums and would be happy for it to carry on as it is 😁

I’d also be pretty happy to see any tweaks to make it more iOS friendly. Might switch allegiance to iPadOS soon tho...

Thanks for all your hard work.

Would love to have notifications when someone has commented on a thread I've posted.

Mr_Kink wrote:

If anything is bought in for changes to Friends where can directly communicate, the current option of not being contactable needs to be available (and default). My OH would not be comfortable if discussions when from open shared forum to direct and private.

I'd expect with a lot of the subject matter it is difficult to make massive changes and also keep everyone feeling 'safe', if thats the right way to put it.

Oh and some little bits so that if you get logged out whilst typing a long message, you don't lose what you have written - that has caught me out too many times ha ha ha

Absolutely agree about the Friends / private chat. I like having the forum open and public and wouldn't take part if it was private for the same reason plus the risk of being hassled.

I think the way subjevt matter is listed cold be broken down into smaller categories, to make it easy to find things of interest and to scroll on past anything which doesn't appeal.

I - as Alicia suggested - generally write reviews in Word and copy forum messages before posting, as I've lost a lot too.

Good points, Mr Kink.

This isn't a technical feature, but I'd like to see slightly stricter rules/moderation around thread titles.

There are hundreds of threads where the title tells you absolutely nothing about the subject of the thread. (e.g. "A quick question"...)

This makes searching much harder, and duplication inevitable.

I'd like to see an App for the forum, bonus if the shopping side is also incorporated as well.

My phone browser doesnt display the site sometimes and I find shopping easier when in App format (such as your favourite action or marketplace). This would allow push notifications to your device from the forum and order status etc.

Just my desires and thoughts ;)

Hi Nick,

Thanks for asking! This might sound strange but the forum has made me a much more loyal customer. I think most of the big ones for me have already been raised. That said, I've tried to cover them below just in case it helps.

1. Notifications when someone has responded to my post and/or the ability to follow a thread for new responses.

2. Optional notifications for new threads or a digest email covering all new topics that day/week - or the most popular ones.

3. The ability to upvote or 'thank' users for their post. It could be public or anonymous (both have pros and cons). Perhaps incorporating downvotes as well if you have sufficient traffic.

4. I don't know how to phrase this - but - as a relatively new user I'm not sure what this forum aims to be. It appears to try to steer clear of overt erotica or users interacting in a sexual manner but some posts feel like they come pretty close to crossing that line. They can veer from advice on a topic to explicit boasts of sexual behaviour. I'm not bothered about whether this forum contains erotica or not but I would like to be able to avoid it at times, as I primarily browse for information on how to have better sex (and which toys to buy next!)

It could be solved with some simple structuring? If you want to compare with another forum that does advice quite well I would look at /r/sex on reddit or perhaps the literotica forums.

5. I think (controversially?) the advice on the forums often beats the LH advice blog. So if there was the option for a wiki or sticky post cataloguing useful forum strings by topic I'd appreciate it!

6. Formatting that works on mobile - I see you've already addressed this one and the search feature!

Hmm, that's it from me for now :)

Good point about LH Notifications, I didn't quite think of it that way, I too wouldn't actually want LH pinging and popping up all day long. Maybe if a message could pop up on your home page, like when you have a "friend request" from another member on the forum, this way its much more discreet. X

KeepTheBedWarm wrote:

I'd like to see an App for the forum, bonus if the shopping side is also incorporated as well.

My phone browser doesnt display the site sometimes and I find shopping easier when in App format (such as your favourite action or marketplace). This would allow push notifications to your device from the forum and order status etc.

Just my desires and thoughts ;)

Great idea about an app. My phone won’t let me access the site via Mail or the browsers. It comes up with the bonkers message: Adult Content RETURN TO SAFETY.

!!!

A point about notifications: I can understand not wanting devices pinging off in all directions (at least, not those devices), but surely the settings etc can be altered? E.g. I've turned off email notifications on my phone but still get notifications for texts. That means I see text messages immediately but check my emails at a time of my own choosing.

I don't use my phone / ipad for work though, and I'm not obliged to be available 24/7. But the point is that each device's settings can be individualised. We could sign up for Lovehoney notifications but turn off the alerts as and when we like.

Alicia4Ever wrote:

Another thought; if you did put search and filter options into the profile page, then the ability to tag your own posts to make finding them again easier.

Also, a my favourites section, so that you could tag a thread in the forums, that you may want to read again at some point.

A little tip around finding your own posts is to view your own profile as others see it - if you scroll down you will see all of your forum postss and can go straight to them!

For example a link to my member profile https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/mr-kink-2/

It shows all comments you have made.

Alicia4Ever wrote:

Mr_Kink wrote:

The simple fix to that is type it in a program like word, then copy into the forum, or just select all, then copy, before you post. That way if it times out, you can just paste the whole lot back in.

Yes indeed, I also get in habit of copying content before I post so I can just log back in and paste n post. Thanks VM for suggesting. Only point I was making is in an ideal world, it would just give you option to sign in and then post the content - for less tech savvy people (and people posting from phones) it would make life a lot simpler. I'm pretty sure it isn't too difficult to fix if they're doing work on the look, feel and behaviour of the forums.

I don't use it much posting but do read a little more often. ***It's very basic. A lot more basic than I would expect from LH. It's not pretty or easily navigated. Things seem to clump into paragraphs but don't other times and it isn't clear how to fix that. I'd probably post more if it was a bit more user friendly. I particularly don't like using it on my phone, and we all know most people are all about phones (I prefer laptop but usin a phone sometimes is handy.) ***I like that there is a 'ranking' so you can see who's posted a lot (could be reassuring for newbies as there are creepy types on even 'innocent' websites like clothing re-selling or music. ***I don't get the friend thing?

It would be nice if we didnt have to log in each and every time we visit. (unless thats just me).

Other forums i use "remember" the last post in a thread that I looked at and take me direct to it. That would also be nice.

I like the idea of upvoteing a comment, but be caseful with anything that coudl be used negativly

A lot of other forums I use a lot (guitars and motorbikes) have photo posting features but I guess that might be used inappropriatly here so might not be such a sensible suggestion.

Remember me function to avoid logging in constantly. A more mobile friendly capability would be great, maybe link to an app if the possibility is there? Also I know its not possible anymore but I miss being able to send gifts to my friends when they were having a difficult time. I built up a real sense of friendship and community before.

I'd like the ability to edit my posts indefinitely as sometimes I've noticed a mistake a few days after posting when I'm checking replies.

I also miss the ability to send/receive gifts. That's a very nice touch that makes the community feel closer.

I enjoy the community here immensely and consider it a nice added extra that Lovehoney provides. It's also cost me a fortune due to recommendations and offers being flagged up (especially by a certain member ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif))!

To stop logging me out every so often , but the main one I don't like is when I dont recieve a notification that someone has replied back to my posts , all you need is a notification function similar to Facebook

It would be good to be able to give a like or maybe a thumbs up to answers and questions that people have written πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜