I'm limping to Christmas - anyone else?

Hi there forum fam

Phew - I’m pretty disorganised and limping to Christmas this year.

Despite having a pretty good year at work, it seems to be ending pretty stressfully and bumpy.

My wife and I have been stressed out, had a few tiffs and have been pretty distant from each other.

Our kids have long holidays from school, and we have been on the back foot scheduling stuff for them.

My bank account is pretty hollow. It just feels like it’s been a lot of stress at the end of this year!

I’m hoping my wife and I get some time to reconnect and I’m looking forward to having some time off with my family and hanging out with my kids.

Life is peaks and troughs. Some Christmases are great - some aren’t.

If anyone else is struggling out there this year, I’m sending my best wishes to you.

For me I’m grateful I have a roof over my head, I live in a peaceful place and I have a loving family.

I know for countless people in the world, that’s all they would hope for, so I know I’m a lucky guy.

Still feels like a struggle sometimes though …

My love to you people xx

7 Likes

Life can be very stressful / a struggle at times but remember people are always on the forum so you can at least release some tension. @our-adventure-bed

3 Likes

Best wishes to you @our-adventure-bed @steve19 and everyone else!

Likewise, we are struggling emotionally and with each other. Luckily love and cuddles are keeping us going. At least the tree is up, the presents are done and the turkey ordered!

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 Like

Hope anyone who has been limping this year will have a better year.

My year has been terrible started off with me loosing my voice due to stress, now I find it hard to talk and have conversations, had speech therapy only helped a little bit and was told as its not helping, you will have to stop the therapy.

Then I have a issue with my breathing and been told I’m on the waiting list for the respiratory clinic but it’s a 12 month waiting list.

Got to say this year has been a total low.

I’m hearing you mate.

You are correct I expect most of us here have a roof over our head and live in places which are safe and a society that has support systems to care for those that really require it. This would be the envy of many a person in the world.

But also remember that regardless how many material possessions you have your feelings of loneliness, anxiety, hardship etc are real to you. Seek support if you need, whether professionally, a close friend or online here, but don’t feel alone if you’re not coping.

Sorry to hear of your health problems @teacake , hoping you get in early and they can fix you breathing and voice at the same time.

To everyone out there look after yourself and your loved ones.

2 Likes