My wee update

Hi everyone,
I hope all of you are keeping well.
Sorry i have been absent from the forum recently. December is always an awful month for me but this year it felt ten times worse. I had a really bad cold and then Christmas came and i always hate Christmas. I felt so incredibly lonely this year and had to distance myself from everything as a coping mechanism. This Christmas and New Year i have also found out who my true friends are which has been really difficult for me. I am just trying to get through each day an hour at a time. I am slowly bouncing back and cant wait to interact with all you lovely people on this forum through the rest of this year.

3 Likes

Welcome back :hugs:

1 Like

Welcome back @Grainne

1 Like

Phew…
Thought it was about Wee…
Pleased your on the other side of the silly season

1 Like

Welcome back @Grainne the forum members would have rallied around you when you felt lonely before Christmas. Hopefully you can add to the posts on here and we see more of you on here. Good luck. :people_hugging:

1 Like

Sending big hugs your way and hope you’re feeling better now with the cold? :hugs:

1 Like

Welcome back to the forum

1 Like

Nice to have you back @Grainne. Glad you’re through the festive period. I totally understand needing to stay away from people to protect yourself. Big hugs xx

1 Like

True friends are always better than no friends.

And you made it through another December /January so should be proud of yourself for coping and being brave to reach out :blush:

1 Like

@Grainne , good to have you back ! I have a long distance friend that has and is battling many health problems . We are opposite in that he hates Christmas and I love it . He has found out in the last couple years who his real friends are and I am about his only one , and we are 1,100 miles apart . We text many times a day and help each other through "our lives " . You’re in your summer season ? Summer colds can be wicked . So far this winter here I have not been sick , just the old body telling me it needs much repair . I contact many friends and relatives across the US and often wonder how many would contact me if I quit ? For a number of years I produced a landscape calendar with photos from my motorcycle rides and sent them out for Christmas gifts . Those years I got 100% cards from everyone . Postage started costing more than it cost to make them and I stopped two years ago . Out of the 36 cards I sent out , 7 people reciprocated . Friends , how many are real ? I am down to one and his health is not good , he dreams of coming for a visit next summer . I hope he does . As a good group here , stop by and interact . :people_hugging:

1 Like

@Oldman thanks for your kind words it helps to know i am not the only one. We are in our winter here in Northern Ireland and i just seem to get sick all the time at this time of year. It does feel very lonely but it is nice to know that there is such lovely people on this forum such as yourself :heart:

1 Like

Its lovely seeing you back here @Grainne and I know I speak for everyone on the forum that we are here the support in anyway we can. Christmas can be such a horrible time of year for some but taking each day as it comes it a good way to deal with things.

Sending all my positive thoughts and vibes :smiling_face:

Edited for awful spelling!

1 Like