Important & Polite notice about the images you upload

I am not sure you are quite understanding why we take the google thing on board and have it dictate many of our forum guidelines. 

We are a retail site that wishes to rank higher on google. 

Higher raniking + more hits = more sales. Isn't that the aim of a business? Which is what we are before a forum. 

Throbinhood wrote:

Well I'm more sure about the google rules one

If you goto google images and type "see through male underwear" you will see pictures that show more than lovehoney allows!

I was just trying to see both sides of the argument !

I don't see anything wrong with that love honey image or any see through underwear as at end of day it was designed to be see through so why hide the fact ! As long as it's not in an aroused state!

I was just giving my honest opinion,

In U.K We are far to prudish..

That's all I have to say on this subject now :)

It's not that Google doesn't allow nudity, it's that it ruins your ranking on searches. So if you search for sex toys on Google right now, Lovehoney appear at the top of the first page.

If we let a bunch of dicks and nipples all over the place, we'll be penalised and dropped to page 10 or something. Clearly, this would be a terrible business decision. 

The community is an extra part of what we offer here. Please remember that first and foremost we are a shop. We will never do anything which will damage our ability to sell. 

Beyond us being a shop before we're a community, and Google hating nudity, have you considered that the people in this community might not want to see your genitals?? If you want to expose yourself there are plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of other sites for this. You can still get your kicks elsewhere without forcing your nudity on the other community members, or us: the staff who are at work, trying to get on with their day. Lovehoney might be a giggle for you, but please remember this is our job. The way we earn a wage and pay our bills. My job decription does not cover looking at members of the publics' genitals, and I'm very glad of that. 

If I want to see someones bits, I would do that at home, in my own time, and go to a site where I know I will find that content. Not a forum for talking about sex. Nudity posted here is as good as an unsolicited dick pic in my opinion. (And when I say good, I mean awful.) 

Jess makes a fine point.

I am far from prudish (well, I think so), but I absolutely do not want to see more flesh than I would see in my normal day to day business, especially not bulbous and protusive pieces. I come here to help people with their sexual questions and to help them expand their horizons, I do not come here to be poked in the eye with some dicks wong.

I am a very active twitterer, and the main thing that bothers me there is that the twitter filter for adult material is not always reliable, and that people assume because you're sexually open-minded, you wanna see their gunk, i mean junk.

Just because items are see through I do not want or need to see flaccid penises or hairy labia to make it valid. It would not be professional. Not forgetting the models modeling the items wont want their private parts on show? As already stated if i want to see crotchless/see through underwear with clear penis/vagina showing I will go somewhere appropriate. It is quite ironic to say the UK are prudish on a UK sex toy site.

🐼

Hi i am new to this site :) I have managed to upload a profile pic and1 another pic, but when i have tried to put more photos on i can not not find where i can upload them? any ideas? x

Miss Katie wrote:

Hi i am new to this site :) I have managed to upload a profile pic and1 another pic, but when i have tried to put more photos on i can not not find where i can upload them? any ideas? x

Hi Katie

Try this link:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/image-upload.cfm

🐼

Fabulous thank you Panda xx

I am not a fan of seeing the genitals of people who I don't have a sexual relationship with. It makes me uncomfortable and to be honest I think pictures of dicks and vaginas just look unappealing. I'm happy that it isn't allowed to have pictures of genitals here, it would make me less interested in visiting the site :)

**bump** 

I hope mine is ok - please let me know if not and I will remove and try again.

Another point worth considering, for those that don't understand why obscene images aren't allowed. Imagine looking through here and finding a photo of yourself that you hadn't put on here! An ex out for revenge maybe or even your partner, that likes that sort of thing.

Each to their own, but I don't want to see it. Leaving something for my imagination is way more sexy.

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

Another point worth considering, for those that don't understand why obscene images aren't allowed. Imagine looking through here and finding a photo of yourself that you hadn't put on here! An ex out for revenge maybe or even your partner, that likes that sort of thing.

Each to their own, but I don't want to see it. Leaving something for my imagination is way more sexy.

Amazing point LRK! Stops anyone using the site as a weapon to humiliate!

Rules are ALWAYS put in place for a reason! If people find adhering to them a problem, then the sites not for them!

SmokingHotLove wrote:

Rules are ALWAYS put in place for a reason! If people find adhering to them a problem, then the sites not for them!

Both of you have hit a very good point. As the Health and Safety officer or enforcer as I am sometimes dubbed , many look at rules in a negative way as an obstruction or interference as a couple of examples. However rules are here on this furum to Protect the very people they are designed for, from those that would use material in a more destructive way.

Your point is very well made LRK. The possibility of anyone mis-using the LH site hadn't occured to us. And yes, leaving something to the imagination is much more sexy - the latest pics being posted are fabulous and very well composed. The moderators do a great job keeping us all safe. XX

So would I be allowed a picture on my ass in these underwear? (literally like the photograph in the ad. As brought them from LH...

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35830

or lacy underwear like this?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32337

Thought I'd check for the lingerie photo competition uploads :) thank you x

mysteron wrote:

SmokingHotLove wrote:

Both of you have hit a very good point. As the Health and Safety officer or enforcer as I am sometimes dubbed , many look at rules in a negative way as an obstruction or interference as a couple of examples. However rules are here on this furum to Protect the very people they are designed for, from those that would use material in a more destructive way.

👍

Aly as long as the picture is tasteful and doesn't show any orifices then you should be fine. If you want to do something similar to the product photo then I don't think you'll have any problems. Just don't do it too close up.

As for the photo competition, it's not on anymore. It was stopped at Christmas time. the mentions of it on the product pages and such just haven't been removed yet as it's a big job! X

I'd actually be put off if there was all sorts of "bits" on show..

This is a site I feel comfortable with & able to feel myself. We are all friends here and don't need to see each others privates to compare, judge or what every else u decide.

I think the rules are very fair. This isn't what lovehoney was made for.

AlyBlue wrote:

So would I be allowed a picture on my ass in these underwear? (literally like the photograph in the ad. As brought them from LH...

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35830

or lacy underwear like this?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32337

Thought I'd check for the lingerie photo competition uploads :) thank you x

Like Nat said as long as you follow photo guidelines and no excessive close ups you should be fine.

Please don't let the discontinuation of the competition put you off uploading xxx

I know lovehoney are extremely busy people but Lovehoney really need to address the problem of the competition being advirtisied (seeing as it finished in december) as could this not be seen as a breach of the advirtising standards?

Even if they just change the header image on the gallery page it would be a start in the right direction :)

keep up the good work though :)