In need of attention

I went out with friends last night and was introduced to some new people. I received some tasteful, respectful compliments and attempts to be flirted with from one of these new friends whom I would say I found attractive and we did have a good rapport. I didn’t reciprocate and shut down the little bits of flirting as kindly as possible when it happened.

However, the feeling of being noticed and found attractive in that way has left me wanting more and heightened my awareness of feeling a lack of attention from my OH on that front. I was wondering what you guys do when you feel the need for some attention and want to be seen as sexy from a special someone but that just isn’t readily available for one reason or another?

For a little more context, I would like to direct to my post here.

1 Like

I can be very blunt, and have been know to demand attention with the phrase “Attention Me” :laughing:

Seems to work

2 Likes

Had to read that with a switcheroo of the “he” to “she” as I am the fellow in this scenario. I know your feedback still stands! (My profile pic doesn’t help I know, it’s a painting I made and was proud of :grin:). Communicating will of course be the way forward, I’m just feeling a little tentative and appreciate having you lovely lot to provide words of encouragement and soundboard with. :hugs:

1 Like

Haha we are certainly no strangers to those terms when it comes to a bit of gentle affection too! :rofl: “Attention!!!”

Doesn’t quite translate for us re: the saucier stuff though :wink:

2 Likes

No drama llama, easily done. I agree with your sentiments re: not taking for granted, I explain that in some detail in the post I linked to. I have been guilty of and recipient of some complacency in previous relationships and no doubt this one too, so I try to make conscious effort to maintain those wee bum squeezes (easy when she’s such a peach <3).

Without meaning to be controversial and I can only speak from anecdotal experience and conversations with ‘the boys’, I think compliments towards men can be often overlooked.

Also, having previously been a man of muscular physique, then losing it due to other commitments/life getting in the way, there was a notable uptick in the overt compliments, gazes, self-fanning :rofl: from people when I was bigger. As I am now, I’ve returned to my base weight and rather slender build. A skin that I’m still happy in but doesn’t garner that same drool factor either from the humble stranger or loved one.

edited for clarity

I usually send texts telling my other half Im in the mood and would like some time together. But I often feel lonely in a busy household so it is hard at times.
I understand getting attention always feels nice but from others it is especially nice as you feel sexy again? Just explain you’ve been getting some attention from others but would prefer it’s from them? Jealousy or worry over the extra attention may coax your other half to up their game ?

1 Like

Having some fresh attention from others is a really nice boost to confidence I think in many ways, especially if your not getting it from home. Perhaps could try tease your other half with some new sexy lingerie to see if that would prompt them to be more complimentary

2 Likes