Is it just me but...

How can people get all frisky with a partner when there's either a cat or dog in the same room?? I don't know about anyone else but I would think my libido would deflate like a burst balloon! I don't have pets but how do pet owners compartmentalize like that??

My cat is always sleeping at the end of the bed when I play, he doesn’t take any notice, if I shout him out of the room however all hell would break loose. Maybe he is jealous of my toys taking my attention though as this morning I found he had bitten through the charger for my satisfyer pro 2!!

Depends on the pet really. Our dog is very clingy so shutting her out of the room just isn't going to happen. However, when in the room with us she simply curls up in her own bed on the other side of the room and goes to sleep. I found her offputting at first but it's not like she notices so you just learn to accept it, honestly we'd never be able to have sex if we flat out refused to while she was in the room. Much like the advice given to parents who share their room with young babies, they don't know what you're doing so there's no point feeling like you're doing something wrong :)

We are very much in the no pets category. I know it's illogical, but just can't stand having an audience, even if it is the feline kind. Plus, our 2 usually like attention if they are inside (or food) and will play up (scratch furniture etc) if they are ignored. Short sharp ejection out the bathroom window

Our dog is not allowed in any of our bedrooms. We have safety gates that double up as deterrents that don't allow him upstairs.
On the occasions he's been with us for outdoor sex he's acted as a good warning signal of anyone around, so is definitely a help in those situations!!

One time I caught my cat staring directly at us and I just burst out laughing. My partner kept trying to continue but I couldn't stop laughing at the cats face. We ended up stopping and watching Saw instead.

We now try to do it after we've just let them outside so we've got time before they come back!

Cats and dogs not allowed in the room normally.

My cat is often just sat on the chair if she could talk she would have a lot of stories to tell ha ha though I have sometimes also put her out as it feels strange like you are being monitored

Creatures in the room would definitely put me off, although once while getting frisky al fresco we were interrupted by a cow.

Our dog and cat usually take the hint and leave the room, but to honest, they don't bother us too much (they generally sleep on the floor out of sight). I don't even notice them most of the time, although we do lock them out if we are planning a longer session, just so there are no distractions.

HappyBoy- The image of that cow is giving me the giggles!

No. Don't want to give him doggy nightmares. He's downstairs

We have a snake in a vivarium in our room, but she mostly keeps to herself hiding in her cave!
Her name is Cookie :)

Our last dog used to sleep in our room and wasn’t normally fussed if we were going at it, only time he didn’t like it was when the oh wanted to be spanked a little. He’d jump up to kind of protect her lol.

I usually shut the dogs in the kitchen if we are going upstairs as once I got put off by huffing and snuffling noises from under our door as they were trying to work out where I was ! Also I think if I was being spanked they would want to protect me.

My cat once jumped on my partner when she was all tied up and then proceeded to play with the silk rope. We have kinda got used to the idea of him appearing if were silly enough to leave the door open, sometimes we don’t notice and he kinda strolls in and falls asleep somewhere but other times he will just start headbutting one of us and keeps meowing, which kills the mood. Best thing to do is close the door and keep pets away if you can ha.

We allow our dog in the bedroom but never on the bed. He has a bean-bag in the corner. When he was a puppy he used to watch us having sex, he'd sit upright and whenever we looked he was staring. After a couple of weeks he lost interest and now just sleeps through it all.

When younger I had a dog that tried to jump on the bed when I was getting passionate with a boyfriend, obviously thought it was a big game and wanted to join in! We just laughed.

Personally I could not ever, ever have a pet in the bedroom with me. I'm from a country where we never keep pets indoors so that's something I'd never do, even loving dogs to bits I couldn't have them in the bedroom with me specially when I'm about to get frisky - lol!

Totally agree! I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy myself knowing they were there, like having your child in the room...

We have a dog and but doesn't sleep upstairs but I wouldn't like him been in the same room lol he was in the same room when things heated up downstairs and made me feel uncomfortable

We used to have a Labrador who insisted on sitting by the side of the bed staring at us. My oh used to chuck a T-shirt over his head until we we're finished !! Lol xx