Is this a good anal toy for a complete beginner?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31111

I really want this as my first butt plug but I'm not sure if it's ok for a complete beginner. Advice?

Kittycat I'm rather new to anal myself. That butt plug looks sooo stunning, and comes highly recommended. I can see exactly why you want it.
My first plug is 4" girth and 4" length so it should be okay, and I'm a lass who gets scared by larger toy's!
I'm sure others will add to the thread to give you more clarity on it.
The description does say beginners, and I had a quick flick through the reviews for you and I see "beginners" mentioned a couple of times. I always click "most helpful" Terri's review is a belter, with a funny story had me in stitches. If you've not read it it's well worth the read. :-)

For a complete beginner whose never dabbled with anal play i'd say too girthy my largest plug has the same diameter had i not had experience with some smaller plugs first i really don't think i could jump in with something as girthy to start with, since the returns are so great you could try it and send it back for something smaller if it's too large

classy lass wrote:

Kittycat I'm rather new to anal myself. That butt plug looks sooo stunning, and comes highly recommended. I can see exactly why you want it.
My first plug is 4" girth and 4" length so it should be okay, and I'm a lass who gets scared by larger toy's!
I'm sure others will add to the thread to give you more clarity on it.
The description does say beginners, and I had a quick flick through the reviews for you and I see "beginners" mentioned a couple of times. I always click "most helpful" Terri's review is a belter, with a funny story had me in stitches. If you've not read it it's well worth the read. :-)

I know, it's gorgeous. Lol I've read Terri's review, it made me laugh hard too I just couldn't believe that actually happened hahaha

myghost wrote:

For a complete beginner whose never dabbled with anal play i'd say too girthy my largest plug has the same diameter had i not had experience with some smaller plugs first i really don't think i could jump in with something as girthy to start with, since the returns are so great you could try it and send it back for something smaller if it's too large

True. I was thinking this one too http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30818 but it might be just a tad too small? I'm not sure

I'm no expert as I mentioned. That's gorgeous aswel, I lurve the first one, think I need it in my life lol!
You do have excellent taste btw :)
Keep us posted, I bet your decision is harder now?

classy lass wrote:

I'm no expert as I mentioned. That's gorgeous aswel, I lurve the first one, think I need it in my life lol!

Lol yeah they're both beautiful. I'm not really sure which to choose because I know silicone is usually recommended for a first anal toy but I just find them so boring to look at. I like pretty things lol

I would go with the smaller one if you've never tried anal or anal toys before :) My first butt plug was 4 inches in circumference with a long taper and I found it just a little too uncomfortable at first. :) Definitely bear in mind the shape of the plug, tapered tips make for easier insertion :)

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

I would go with the smaller one if you've never tried anal or anal toys before :) My first butt plug was 4 inches in circumference with a long taper and I found it just a little too uncomfortable at first. :)

Smaller one it is then. Just gonna have to save my pennies lol

Kittycat102 wrote:

classy lass wrote:

Lol yeah they're both beautiful. I'm not really sure which to choose because I know silicone is usually recommended for a first anal toy but I just find them so boring to look at. I like pretty things lol

Lol mines vile to look at, it's a blue kinda colour. I like pretty colours and green (the Celtic fc supporter in me wills me too love green) :-) I guess alot of folks are in bed atm. I was stunned when I measured mines! It sounds massive but it's really not. That's just my opinion though. I know everybody's different. I've never had a glass toy either, quite new to this aswel though :-)

classy lass wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

classy lass wrote:

Lol mines vile to look at, it's a blue kinda colour. I like pretty colours and green (the Celtic fc supporter in me wills me too love green) :-) I guess alot of folks are in bed atm. I was stunned when I measured mines! It sounds massive but it's really not. That's just my opinion though. I know everybody's different. I've never had a glass toy either, quite new to this aswel though :-)

I like a blue sort of green, I think in sex toys I wouldn't be crazy about the colour though. My fav colour is purple so if I can, that's the colour I usually opt for in a toy. I have 4 glass toys at the moment, they're all beautiful and I love them but I just wish I could orgasm from internal stimulation alone. You not interested in glass?

Kittycat102 wrote:

classy lass wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

classy lass wrote:

I like a blue sort of green, I think in sex toys I wouldn't be crazy about the colour though. My fav colour is purple so if I can, that's the colour I usually opt for in a toy. I have 4 glass toys at the moment, they're all beautiful and I love them but I just wish I could orgasm from internal stimulation alone. You not interested in glass?

I was thinking how to add in the colours not an issue, without saying to much. Lol! Well I never used to be interested in glass, but the more I read the more intrigued I am. I just read your review there and thoroughly enjoyed it :-) It did sound huge, I'm still at the 4" insertion level. Lol! It's because I'm obsessed with my pelvic floor! A glass plug sounds great and that first one I'm falling in love with <3 I can see why you'd opt for the smaller one though. It was a good point about the shape aswel mentioned previously. :-)

classy lass wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

classy lass wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

classy lass wrote:

I was thinking how to add in the colours not an issue, without saying to much. Lol! Well I never used to be interested in glass, but the more I read the more intrigued I am. I just read your review there and thoroughly enjoyed it :-) It did sound huge, I'm still at the 4" insertion level. Lol! It's because I'm obsessed with my pelvic floor! A glass plug sounds great and that first one I'm falling in love with <3 I can see why you'd opt for the smaller one though. It was a good point about the shape aswel mentioned previously. :-)
They're different but really nice and I love the whole temperature play you can experience with them. Really? That's actually the first time I've ever reviewed a sex toy before lol And I'm still learning about toys and things like that. Also discovering that I'm a snob when it comes to them, like battery operated toys for me is a big fat no

They are different but sooooo pretty <3:-)
You soon get to know your likes/dislikes. One of my first order I got a Tracey cox rechargeable silicone lol. Sadly it's the last one I go for, my hubby begs to differ lol! I've all sorts of battery powered. You're right about rechargeable I've seen lots of people say they always beats batteries.
I promise I've read alot of reviews on here, I clicked your profile noticed one review read it and thought thats pretty good and it's informative without being overly descriptive. Also the bullet points are a smart decision, makes it more eye catching. I'm always indecisive whether to do it through bullet points, reading your review has made my mind up. Also you'll get more confident if you're going to keep it up. I was quite stuck on my first review, probably was harder because it was a sex toy.
I hope you keep writing them as I think reading reviews is brilliant and really is the decision maker for me and many i expect. :-)

classy lass wrote:

They are different but sooooo pretty <3:-)
You soon get to know your likes/dislikes. One of my first order I got a Tracey cox rechargeable silicone lol. Sadly it's the last one I go for, my hubby begs to differ lol! I've all sorts of battery powered. You're right about rechargeable I've seen lots of people say they always beats batteries.
I promise I've read alot of reviews on here, I clicked your profile noticed one review read it and thought thats pretty good and it's informative without being overly descriptive. Also the bullet points are a smart decision, makes it more eye catching. I'm always indecisive whether to do it through bullet points, reading your review has made my mind up. Also you'll get more confident if you're going to keep it up. I was quite stuck on my first review, probably was harder because it was a sex toy.
I hope you keep writing them as I think reading reviews is brilliant and really is the decision maker for me and many i expect. :-)

Ooh I have the Tracey cox rechargeable one too. My friend bought it for me last week and i like it but it doesn't do anything for me internally. The ears are awesome though, which surprised me because I got my first rabbit vibrator at the beginning of this year and it was my first ever sex toy but it's horrible. It's got that sticky type of silicone and it's battery operated and way too noisy. So I was surprised the ears made me orgasm with the Tracey cox one lol And yeah reviews make me decide on everything I'm thinking of buying. The only thing I don't like on sex toy reviews is the detailed outcome of them. Like do we really need to know how much the guy's wife squirted when he used it on her?

personally I would go smaller. My first experience with a butt plug was not enjoyable because it was too large so after many years and a second run at it I actually started with the Itty Bitty Cupid one, you may not like those materials thought but the taper and smaller size was better for me.

Have you thought about something other than glass? As glass is very unforgiving as a beginner anal play toy.

Maybe try a http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30704 until you are more comfortable with anal play before moving on ?

It's all too easy to end up with lots of plugs all very similar, I think either of the two you first posted will be fine.

If you have a dildo, wrap a piece of paper round it to see what size it is(mark where it meets, unroll and measure), then if it's a similar size(to the butt plug) try that before you buy, to give you an idea of the size?

As a complete beginner you might find glass a bit too much. Remember there is no 'give' with glass unlike silicone

The icicles one is pretty and I love it !! ;)

Think for a complete beginner you may find it too hard and unforgiving, silicone would be a good first time choice - or at least something with a bit of give in it. Glass and metal plugs can be uncomfy until you get used to the sensation of having a plug inserted -  especially oif you want to wear it for a longish period of time xx