Is this email genuine?

Heya,

I recieved an email today informing me I'd been chosen to recieve a tester which isn't listed on the site yet. Having not recieved one of these before, I'm not sure what they look like, but it looks kinda genuine.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1818/genuinejq.jpg

The only thing concerning me is that it's signed Ruth, but it's not Ruth's normal email address. Also, it's not my email address in the To field either. I imagine I must have gotten this by someone entering my address in the Bcc field, but again this seems unusual. Also, the font seems to change from black to grey.

It is from a lovehoney.co.uk email address, but it just seems a bit strange.

Side note - The Professor promised me a freebie on another thread yesterday for reporting some broken links, might this be anything to do with it?

Ecksvie wrote:

Heya,

I recieved an email today informing me I'd been chosen to recieve a tester which isn't listed on the site yet. Having not recieved one of these before, I'm not sure what they look like, but it looks kinda genuine.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1818/genuinejq.jpg

The only thing concerning me is that it's signed Ruth, but it's not Ruth's normal email address. Also, it's not my email address in the To field either. I imagine I must have gotten this by someone entering my address in the Bcc field, but again this seems unusual. Also, the font seems to change from black to grey.

It is from a lovehoney.co.uk email address, but it just seems a bit strange.

Side note - The Professor promised me a freebie on another thread yesterday for reporting some broken links, might this be anything to do with it?

some times, ive got things that are free but not related to testing and ive had a note saying im being a tester to review.

ive also had tester emails from ruth in differant colour writeing and they really have been from her.

i think its to do with ur broken link toy

Dxx

just looked at ur link, its def from ruth! ive had one like it before and i think its def a tester and not the other toy u should be getting from the prof

Dxx

I've seen Harrie on the blog, so I think its prob her and all genuine!

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

The e-mail is from Harrie, the latest edition to the LoveHoney team, who is helping Ruth with the products!

Anything ending with @lovehoney.co.uk is genuine.

Yes you are receiving a tester product and yes you will be receiving a little something from the Prof - they have been posted separately, I believe!

Okay, thanks. Just thought I'd check before I got all excited for nothing lol!

Just showing off really arn't you!

Oooo I don't mean to be a spammer but if you want to check just go to your accont and view your recent orders... I think testers are included but just show up as costing £0.00... Lets you see what it is without being really excited about what it is until it arrives!

WandA wrote:

Oooo I don't mean to be a spammer but if you want to check just go to your accont and view your recent orders... I think testers are included but just show up as costing £0.00... Lets you see what it is without being really excited about what it is until it arrives!

Nothing in my orders yet. Perhaps it wont since it's not an item that's on the site yet.

You got me WandA, this was totally a plan to make you jealous External Media Haha

There is a bit of an issue with the email which I already raised, but yep - well done, you got your first tester item!

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

The e-mail is from Harrie, the latest edition to the LoveHoney team, who is helping Ruth with the products!

Anything ending with @lovehoney.co.uk is genuine.

Yes you are receiving a tester product and yes you will be receiving a little something from the Prof - they have been posted separately, I believe!

Addition, you mean Carly External Media.

Even mighty mods make mistakes sometimes! (Or delete any offending posts and pretend they didn'tExternal Media)

I also have a 'mental predictive text'... like were I substitute the word 'gave' for 'game' or slip into phonetics... I remember startting a thread about a 'Cheaklist' instead of 'Cheaklist' simply because I'm used to typing patterns... I still can't let it go!

Carly could i also ask if the email i got is for me. Reason i ask is the to address littlelady128 at hotmail.com but has come to myself. There is no items showing in my account thats sent. Many thanks.

m3nf wrote:

Carly could i also ask if the email i got is for me. Reason i ask is the to address littlelady128 at hotmail.com but has come to myself. There is no items showing in my account thats sent. Many thanks.

Sounds like you got the same one as me, in which case it's genuine.

Do you think littlelady128 will panic when 2,000 of the same tester end up at her door!

Ecksvie wrote:

m3nf wrote:

Sounds like you got the same one as me, in which case it's genuine.

Thanks for the update there, i would normally have been jumping up and down but i noticed the email address it went to lol. Thanks all, now i going to start to bounce around.

WandA i think she may be opening a shop with 2000 of them lol

Suspense is killing me! I wanna know what I got!

It's safe to say it's similar to something I've already got, that's how they pick people out. So it's probably a vibrator, possibly clitoral. Maybe that or some light bondage stuff. My money's on a clitoral vibrator. We'll see!

oooh i got one too. my first one. i'm excited. mine told me what they were sending though.

sexysuzi wrote:

oooh i got one too. my first one. i'm excited. mine told me what they were sending though.

Congratulations!External Media

thankyou

Maybe it will show in your orders once it has been posted?

Thanks Carly for the update and details. Will make sure no other info now posted apart from the review itself.