Is this email genuine?

Today I received an email purporting to be from LH customer care. I’m slightly suspicious of it because it doesn’t come from the usual address (it came from “customercare@email2.lovehoney.co.uk”) and it doesn’t look much like previous emails I’ve had from them. For example, the text is centre-aligned, which is unusual.

Here’s the text of the email - don’t worry, it doesn’t reveal anything personal about me or my account. Can anyone tell me whether this is for real?

Hi there,

We’ve recently detected a technical problem where our responses to customer queries failed to send and, as a result of our investigation, we have highlighted that you were one of the affected customers.

We want to sincerely apologise for this inconvenience and ask that if your query remains unresolved to please contact us again. Be reassured that this technical issue is now resolved and we will get back to you within 2 hours. Alternatively, you can of course give us a call or contact us on our Livechat.

Kind regards, Lovehoney

NOTE: I do currently have an outstanding return/refund being processed.

Have you checked with Customer Care?

Not yet. I figured I’d wait the 2 hours and see if anything else arrived that related to my outstanding return thing.

I think it wants you to contact them? (and if you do they’ll get back to you within 2 hours)

1 Like

Ah yes. I’d mis-read that as the other way around (i.e. that they would contact me within two hours, and if they didn’t do so I was to contact them). Hmmm…

There are a few versions of the customer care email that are used for different things and are in that type of format. I’d suggest email them on the standard customer care email and copy and paste that message in.

3 Likes

Yup. Just done that. Shall see what comes of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That address doesnt look like any of the ones ive got from customer care

Yeah, that’s what troubled me. I’ve replied to the proper address though, so if it is a fake, at least they’ll know about it.

I received that email too. I’ve been waiting on a response to an enquiry so it felt real but the address made me feel unsure. So I went to their live chat to ask if it was genuine and the box had the following message:

“Hey guys, if you’ve emailed us and not had a response we just wanted to make you aware that some of our email replies have not reached customers. We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused.
You can either resend your email or just mention it here on chat and we’ll be happy to help right away.”

Anyway… I guess it was a genuine email.

2 Likes

Here’s a screenshot too. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

It seems they may have missed their 2 hour reply deadline though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah - no reply from them yet. However, the refund has appeared in my bank account, so there’s no outstanding business to discuss now! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes