It could only happen to me.

Even though I've been sexually inactive for about 4 months () I've managed to get scabies.

Brilliant.

The most embarrasing thing is that I've had to tell my flatmate, who I've only been living with for 3 weeks, as she needs to be treated too!

Anyone else ever had it?

x

yes unfortuanlty, a neighbour of my uncle had it, and passed it on to them and myself, was not very nice but easily treatable with cream from the doctor x

It isn't necessarily passed sexually, but can live for up to 72 hours on clothing and bedding.

It would only need someone to try on an item of clothing in a shop that an already infected person had been wearing.

An anti-histamine tablet to stop the itching will help you feel better after the treatment

and yes I picked it up about 15/20 years ago and never did work out where from

hope you feel/get better soon

When I was at uni, nearly half the halls of residents got it I was lucky but they never did find out how it started or how it spread so fast but every one was treated and was all ok in the end. Hope all sorted soon :-)

I work with families in crisis and for a while worked in homeless hostels...saw lots of it...they are so easy to catch even from sitting on public transport...

Use the treatment hun and xyou will be fine...x

Fanks everyone!

Did the first treatment last night and currently waiting for my sheets to be laundered!

I wish I could just work out how I've got it! That's the most annoying part for me!

x

A housemate got it at uni. The rest of us are convinced it wasn't sexual, either. How he actually got it is a mystery, as he spent most of his time with his DVDs. . .