Japanese School Girl Outfit?

Wicked! Thanks for that Morbidia! =D

I'll probably get materials next week as I haven't really planned to go out this weekend.

Did you get a plain white (or any colour) t-shirt for the fuku?

white shirt actually, and made the fuku to just wear over x x x

Ahh fair enough, that's what I was thinking of doing! I was either thinking of getting a white shirt or V neck t-shirt. Not sure which to get to be fair.

well traditionally, it should be a white shirt x x x

Ahhh! I'll got with the shirt then. ;) Long sleeves or short?

Short sleeves, as you see, with the short sleeves and fuku, thats the summer uniform, with the jacket and fuku, its the winter uniform x x x

Morbidia wrote:

Ecksvie, i made my skirt for about £3, lol

I used a sewing machine, tis neater than my hand stitch, lol. Surely if she shows you how to use it she'd let you?

Oooh, white blue and red sounds good :)

x x x

Mine cost a bit more than that, but that was due to the fact mine was box pleated so needed a bit more material, plus I needed about 15 metres of ribbon to sew on to do the £*!?!&*! stripes on it! Plus I lined it. It wasn't that it was particularly difficult, it was just so fiddly and it took absolutely forever!

I also learned the first time that jersey is not a fabric that pleats well (or at all). I really dont know why I didnt think that when I bought the material. I was just overjoyed that I found fabric in the exact colour I wanted, I didnt take that into account!

Yeah, mine was box pleated too, and i only need a few metres ribbon, that was only about £1.

Jersey?? ooh, defo not a good choice!! xx

Morbidia wrote:

Short sleeves, as you see, with the short sleeves and fuku, thats the summer uniform, with the jacket and fuku, its the winter uniform x x x

Yeah I remember that from Azumanga Daioh! =P

I'd probably go with the summer one as I don't really want to worry about getting a jacket to go with it. =P Unless I go to with the long sleeved shirt and just pretend that I left the jacket at home. =P

lol, yeah, why not??

As long as you continue the ribbon design on the shirt, it'll look great :)

x x x

Morbidia wrote:

Yeah, mine was box pleated too, and i only need a few metres ribbon, that was only about £1.

Jersey?? ooh, defo not a good choice!! xx

I learn from these mistakes though lol. In the end I had to stitch the pleats in place and it was alright (just). Later when I wanted to wear the costume again I chose a much better fabric and used starch as well. Also didnt line it, which made things easier, as the lining wasnt really that necessary. I think I used about 15 metres of ribbon, which I believe was 45p a metre. My skirt had four rows of ribbon. Ideally it would have been 6, but that would have cost me even more and you wouldnt see it that much anyway. The nice thing about Phoenix Wright is that you never get to see their legs, its only in the artwork, so nobody notices anyway. Needed a few metres of the fabric as well to pleat it. Ugh, if I ever try to make a pleated skirt again, feel free to slap me!

As with all my costumes, I learn as I'm doing them. I like to challenge myself and the end result is usually good, but at the end I always feel I could do it better if I were to make it again.

I have an internet buddy who's obsessed with Princess Garnet from Final Fantasy 9, she rarely cosplays anyone else. She's made that costume at least three times now. Wouldnt happen with me, once is more than enough for any costume!

im amazed at the moment, the skirt and top are all perfect and spot on, and so is the wig and everything, i expected more to go wrong for my first attempt at making anything!!!

Im afraid i think i'll use my Tohru outfit forever, as i adore her, lol, plus everyone thinks it suits me x x x

Morbidia wrote:

lol, yeah, why not??

As long as you continue the ribbon design on the shirt, it'll look great :)

x x x

OH YEAH! I'm deffo going to do that! =P One of my friends who does a lot of Naruto cosplay said that I should go with the Azumanga Daioh uniform, but I'll probably do my own thing first and then go with the AD one. ;)

yeah, that sounds a good plan to me x x x

Yarsh! =D

Plus with the AD winter outfit the top is a salmon pink but the skirt is like a maroon colour, which is hard to get!

Yeah, it'll give you some time to find the right colours :) xx

Yeah! =D

Was telling my Dad about the idea and he said he knows some places to go for material. (Y)

Oooo! Sounds good! ;)

I have to say, I swear I saw one in Ann Summers and I want to go back just to see! If it was it was £40.

LOVEHONEY GET JAPANESE SCHOOL UNIFORMS!!!! =P

That's why I wasn't sure if I saw one or not! It was probably just a normal sailors one but it was navy and white and had a fuku on it.

Yeah. =) It looked pretty cool anyhoo! =P