Jelly Rubber Butt Plugs an Oil based lube

Hello All!

Sometime ago I purchased these butt plugs from love honey http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3539. Material being Jelly Rubber.

Not being an avid anal play partisipant they haven't been used a great deal however when they have been I rather naively used basic Vaseline as a lubricant which I now know is a no no for rubber based toys. Now the toys are looking a bit worse for wear on inspection as I'm sure you might expect, as a result I have researched and brought the right combination of toys and lube from lovehoney this time around.

However I'm just wondering if I should be worried about any health risk due to my naive use of rubber toys with vaseline? I was very meticulous with cleaning in between uses.

Thank you for reading and any responses would be greatly appreicaiated.

Is your body giving you any indications that you should worry if not you are probably fine

If you were going to get an infection I'm sure you would have by now, they tend to come on quickly. If you feel fine then I'm sure you are fine :)

I've heard it said it's best not to use it, however years of using it and no problems.

Throw the toys out, if you're feeling ok then I wouldn't worry but certainly don't use them again. Personally we only use water based lube and have recently swapped to organic water based lube, Sliquid.

the main issue with oil based lubes is that they hang around and increase your chance of infections, as they're a haven for bacteria, but I'm not sure if they'd cause degradation of the material so I wouldn't risk it tbh

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)