Lubes and using with "contains latex" toys

Hi, first post here, so hello to everyone. I've recently purchased an inflatable butt plugg that is sold as being made out of plastic, but contains Latex. It's sold as a combo with the Doc Johnson Goldne Girl Anal jelly. but this says not to use with latex toys. Does anyone know if "contains latex" means is latex and therefore should avoid lubes that say no latex??

thanks,

Confused..

Hello and welcome. 🙂

It sounds like that lube won't be compatible with that toy. Any of the water-based ones would be fine though. 👍 If you contact Customer Care and explain the situation they should be able to sort you out.

And here's the Lovehoney Lube guide for a bit more general info: 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/buyers-guide/choosing-personal-lubricant/

Awesome, thanks for that - i had a feling it was pointing more towards the silicon type. A little frustrated that some toys are offered as "combo" with lubes that probably shouldnt be used with them (unless the combo's work on browser history).. 👍

I don't think the combo offers are actually paired together manually, so unfortunately there is scope for 'mis-matches'. If you've not opened the lube then you can send it back for a refund /exchange (they've extended the return window from the usual 30 days to the end of January to cover Black Friday and Christmas purchases). Though if you have popped the top off already I'd still contact Customer Care. I can't promise anything, but under the circumstances they may help you out with a replacement anyway. It's definitely worth a pop. 👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

The safest lube to use is anything water-based as its compatible with all toys, condoms, and most people (depending on some ingredients). There are thicker gel ones for anal, but they're still water-based. If you do want to try silicone lube out with a toy you're unsure of you can do a little patch test on an unobtrusive bit first to see if it reacts.

Hope this helps. 🙂

👍