John Lennon

Seeing as it would have been Johns 80th birthday yesterday- what are your 2 favourite John Lennon songs ? You must pick 1 Beatles from John and one solo .
Mine are I am the Walrus
Mind games

1 Like

Beatles far too many, but Strawberry Fields if just one, and Watching The Wheels solo.
I have my eye on that new box set with 5.1 mixes!

2 Likes

I gotta have strawberry fields and Eleanor Rigby

Come together and Imagine for me

1 Like

Norwegian Wood and Jealous Guy

1 Like

Arrrrrggghh - sorry, mate. Eleanor Rigby is a Paul McCartney song! Spin the bottle again and have another go… :wink:

3 Likes

Ok sorry This boy and strawberry fields

2 Likes

Blackbird is Paul’s! :wink:

1 Like

@wildflower ah man I forgot about jealous guy!! I pick that instead!!

1 Like

And Your Bird Can Sing.

Whatever Gets You Thru The Night.

Glass onion
Instant karma

Niiice. I love “This Boy” - such a great tune.

My two:
Beatles period - Norwegian Wood
Lennon - Tight A$ (I love it when Lennon does basic Rock’n’Roll :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

There must be a whole topic’s worth of Beatles love! Apparently the first words i spoke were “Yeah, yeah yeah” from She Loves You! Yes i’m old! :wink:

Sorry for the near misses got there eventually

1 Like

I don’t know of any :flushed::flushed::flushed:

I recognise a couple of songs mentioned. How embarrassing :persevere:

1 Like

@Purring-Pussy not to worry not everyone knows them or who wrote what when he was in the Beatles :wink:

@Gazza_64 I was born a little too late and was brought up on Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix, the Kinks, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses and Metallica.

3 Likes

@Purring-Pussy I was weaned on Black Sabbath AC/DC sex pistols, sham 69the Buzzcocks, madness the jam all of the greats :joy:

2 Likes

It’s an age thing, a young work colleague had heard of Lennon but didn’t know he was in The Beatles! I grew up on them and all the classic rock, new wave and punk stuff!

2 Likes

@WillC Are you going to buy the box set,I had a bit of a splurge a while back and got the Beatles Stereo and Mono cd Boxes plus the Japanese and the US cd boxes and the 3 anthologies and the BBC and a few other bits plus the John Lennon Signature cd box and I still want the Beatles Singles and EPs cd boxes plus I already had the Beatles albums on vinyl in the blue box with the gold signatures.I think I may have gone a little overboard.

1 Like