Kegal Balls

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I was just wondering if Kegal balls can be used analy?

I only ask as I saw them on DOTD and was curious.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the write up on some stating they can be used anally.

I'm no expert but I'm also pretty sure they can be used analy. I think the only difference is the weighted balls inside.

I'll let you know once I receive them, ordered when they were on DOTD

Hey guys, this is a really common question! Thanks for highlighting it.

We recommend that you don't use anything without a flared base (as seen on all our butt plugs) when playing anally. The reason for this is that unlike the vagina, which has a limited space for items such as kegel balls to wander, your bottom is much more expansive and leads up to your intestines.

It is not uncommon for items without flared safety features to become 'sucked' inside and get lost, which can in rare cases damage you internally.

It's also not very nice to panic and have to visit A&E about such things! Therefore, as a rule Lovehoney does not advise that you use kegel balls anally, but they are fantastic when worn vaginally during anal sex, as both you and your partner can feel the benefits.

:) Lucy.

Hi Lucy.

Thanks for or informative reply. Rest assured I wont be trying this any time soon lol.

Mr Loverman, let me know how get on.

What Lucy said!

I wouldnt risk popping anything inside the bum without a flared base, you will likely only see that item again after the doctor hands them back to you at the hospital lol.

Although I am confused because LH sell these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2029#videos

Maybe you leave one ball outside? Confused now, are they safe or not lol

Hi Fluffbags,

It's a tricky one, and a really good point as I know lots of anal beads don't follow the flared base rule or even have a handle. Any anal toy could 'potentially' disappear, but it's usually a case of using your common sense and knowing your body's limits.

Advanced anal players will take toys with a much greater circumference than some of the flares on our butt plugs, so it really depends on how advanced you are and annoyingly it's one of those 'everyone is different' situations. It does help if you know your own body and what your limitations are.

Our anal sex buyer's guide has this advice:

'The best anal beads have a loop or handle on the end, like the Lovehoney Beginner's Anal Beads, to prevent them slipping fully inside you. However you may prefer the look and feel of anal beads without this pull ring, so make sure to leave at least two beads outside of your body for easy removal.'

Remember if you get a toy and you think it might not be flared enough for you then you can always send it back to us for a refund or replacement.

I'll have a little chat with the customer care gang tomorrow to see if there's any more light they can shed on the debate!

Hospital?

You big girls!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24420

The finger ring is not optional, and expelling it isnt exactly asking your body to do anything unusual...

KebertXela, although everyones arse is designed to "push stuff out" even you must admit that plenty of things have the potential to get stuck or wedged up there. How else would you explain the many trips to A+E that get plastered on the internet? Did these people all have broken bums that couldnt push out? lol

If something does get stuck up your bum I guess it depends on the shape and size of the thing. It could be possible with time/patience/lube/dextrous fingers/tongs etc to remove it but you might end up pushing it further up, causing more problems.

Anyway, just wanted to make it clear that just because the bum "usually" pushes things out, when it comes to foreign objects it doesnt always work that way, in fact it can suck things in! (mmm hungry bum) So obviously be careful lol

Hey everyone.

As Lucy said, the "general rule of thumb" with anal play is to stick to toys with flared bases. Having said this, that rule can open up a whole area of questions relating to butt plugs, dildos and all sorts of other non-flared toys which are designed for anal play.

For me, I think the things you need to think about are the following:

1. How long are you planning on wearing the toy for? eg: a butt plug NEEDS a flared base as you may want to wear it for several hours/all day. A set of butt plugs or a dildo which will be used manually by you/someone else has the safety feature of a hand attached to it. You could think of the hand as being the "flared base". Also, consider the length of something like anal beads; they usually have many beads on which can be slipped in one by one. Think "safety in numbers" for this one!

2. Can you insert and remove it comfortably and easily? You shouldn't HAVE to bend yourself into something resembling a piece or origami to remove your toy. It should be just as easy to remove as it was to insert.

3. What is the toy made of? Most toys designed for anal play are made from a durable material which will withstand a reasonable amount of force against the body when being inserted and removed. The muscles in your anus are incredibly strong, so you need something with a rigid design to be comfortable and to help you with point 2.

If you take all of these questions and apply them to kegel balls, I would definitely recommend AGAINST using them anally.

1. Kegal Balls are designed to be worn for several hours/all day to help build muscle strength. Wearing something without a flared base anally for this length of time is a BIG no no!! (Unless you fancy that visit to A&E!) If you want something you can wear anally all day, get a butt plug! If you want something which jiggles, you might like this one Marc Dorcel Pleasure Geisha Silicone Butt Plug

2 and 3. You will probably be able to insert the balls easily enough with some lube, however removing them will be more of a task! Very often the "pull string" on kegel balls is stretchy and made of something like silicone. As I've previously mentioned, the anus has strong muscles which naturally contract around anything you may have there. So even if you did successfully wear the kegal balls anally without them being sucked into the abyss, you can imagine removal would involve pulling on an ever-lasting, ever-stretching, pull string. To add to the fun, the string would have the potential to snap as it's not designed for this kind of play. So again.... you may be visiting A&E!

SO! Don't panic about using a toy without a flared base anally, but just bare in mind that these toys need more attention from the user and you need to use your common sense to make sure everything you're doing is safe and comfortable.

As always, if you're unsure, come and speak to us! We're always happy to help :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24993

Received these on saturday and both my OH and I have tried them. I am aware some say certain toys are only for there intended use and certain toys should not be inserted anally, however I feel I am experienced and knowledgable enough to always ensure safe play and I am always very cautious as to what im doing. I have written my review on them but prob wont be live till tomorrow but cut long story short, these kegel balls that were on DOTD and are now discontinued are a complete waste of time, first thing noticed was they were smaller than we both expected, plastic clips on it were little scrathy and to be honest there was not a lot of weight to them which meant neither my OH or I felt any effect from them being inside,as a result and written in my review, would not recommend.

We also have set of gold ones which have the weight and do the job but we dont like the string and you can sometimes hear the clunking together, so if anyone knows of a good set, plenty weight, not to noisy etc please let me know.

Mr.L

i love my vive therapy kegal balls. great feeling easy to insert, clean and about the heaviest you can buy. win win all round. definately noticed a difference in my muscle control. i can really milk my hubby dry.

I've chatted with a few companies about this, and they only recommend kegel balls anally when they are a due pair, and one is left out. While advertising this, they don't tend to mention it though, sadly. Many people think they can get aways with just the corded loop sticking out, but for starters you need to have a constant hook around the loop with a finger or two (the more the better the muscles around the anal canal are pretty strong and a few randomly contract), and then not all of these devices advertised like this have loops.

Also the round balls aren't very anus friendly when it comes to insertions.

The problem is that your pelvic floor muscles contract when a device with a free roaming ball is inserted up past them. This can encourage your muscles to drag the object inside, quicker than a standard toy.

However, there is this toy, which works like a kegel ball, but with a flared base.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25262

|It's the start of more to come, but it may take some time until a perfect product is on the market, but it's a lot safer that and more comfortable to insert, than standard kegel balls.

And while many say that you shouldn't panic about using an anal toy without a flared base, there's many lifestyle infulences which can alter your bodies responses suddenly. It's just something to keep in mind (we age our hormones and muscles change, we become less fit, give borth maybe, take drugs (medical and non-medical) which can make our sense alter, drink which alters our responses, and so much more!) so it's best to make sure you are 100% comfortable with your bodies responses before you try anything new.