Kegal balls

Hi everyone, I have two children and feel I need to tone as my bladder is not as strong as it used to be. So I would like to invest in some kegal balls. The problem is I have no idea which ones lol, so any help would be appreciated. I’m not new to sex toys or love eggs etc but own no kegal balls. My youngest is a year old so it’s not like I am just post pregnancy either. Thanks for your time.

Go electric.

Lovehoney sells the iTouch which is rec'd by my continence nurse (nerve issues rather than incontinence but it works for both).

It works and for 20 minutes a day you're done and dusted quickly and efficiently. The only thing that bugged the crap out of me was the LEADS warning that became annoyingly regular as they broke down. Replacing them could become expensive so shore them up for a longer life with some electrical tape.

I've asked Lovehoney on the Pander thread to get the Calexotics Impulse range in. These look amazing as they have a Kegel ball type version with NO WIRES!

They also have two more standard looking vibrators in the range that do the same thing (again, no wires - I hate the bloody wires!). These look like a more user-friendly version of the Mystim Tickling Truman which is also a vibe/e-stim/kegel exerciser but it's BIG and if you don't get him in properly you could have problems with the e-stim bit like I did.

Maybe if Leanne is reading she could put a nod in to the purchasing department for an order of the Impulse wands? (Pretty please?)

Wow I didn’t even realise electric was an option! I definitely like the sound of that. I can see the wires annoying the hell out of me also 😂 I just googled the others you were on about and they look fantastic. Thank you so much for your help on both my threads, you have been very insightful

VR, I have one of the toys you are talking about from Calexotics and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all with the e-stim part. There's no instructions on how best to use it to make any difference and as it also has vibrations when they are used together you lose the feeling from the e-stim so it becomes pointless. I have what they call a wand but's basically the vibrating earless rabbit shape.

As a vibrator there are much better options and as an e-stim there are also better options - like the iTouch and others that actually have programmes to help you use it effectively.

Sadly the calexotics impulse seem to try to be a jack of all trades combining both functions and it ends up just "meh" imo.

PurringTiger - have you ever had to replace the leads? Mine were going all the time and it was costing me a fortune. I wasn't rough with them - far from it.

I just got fed up with LEADS flashing up all the bloody time so I ended up carefully wrapping electrical tape around a new set to reinforce them. They lasted twice as long as an unwrapped set but I still think there must be a better way.

I emailed my cousin who told me about the Calexotics range - she has the egg version - and she told me that you don't have to have the vibes on at the same time as the e-stim. She said the settings are a bit of a pain but has managed to work around them and it has helped with her "little leaks" problem.

I don't have a "little leaks" problem (yet!), but I do have a nerve problem that I'm trying to cut off at the pass and help myself stop it getting worse. I've used a wire-free type before but found that I have to lie still as although I'd lost the leads and gained that freedom, but the egg would twist inside me and with that, the poles weren't in the right position. It also ate batteries like they were going out of fashion - and they weren't easy to find ones either!

I wouldn't be using the vibe setting at all as I have my regular vibe for that (I'm mostly a clit stim girl anyway). I loved the e-stim on Truman, but he's too big for comfort for me. For me, the Impulse wand would probably be ideal. I'd at least give it a good go as I'm terrified of losing feeling with my nerve damage. If I have to be "confined to bed" to use one of these devices I at least don't ever want to hear THAT beep that accompanies the dreaded LEADS screen.

I'd be really interested to know if you've had to replace the leads regularly, though, and if you have, where did you get replacements.

ETA: My unit could have been faulty as it wasn't working with the last two new leads sets (form different suppliers) in the end.

I've just seen that this has been added. Ask and you shall receive... 🙂

Impulse E-Stim Rechargeable Remote Control Kegel Exerciser https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40788

And now this one too...

Impulse E-Stim Rechargeable Rabbit Vibrator https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40790

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've just seen that this has been added. Ask and you shall receive... 🙂

Impulse E-Stim Rechargeable Remote Control Kegel Exerciser https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40788

OMG! I haven't even checked the link - I'm beyond excited!

Oh, bugger.

I was looking for the wand rather than the rabbit or the egg. I'm not a rabbit fan, wouldn't use it for the vibes and I'm pretty sure the poles on the egg will move if I move.

Ack! So near, yet so far...

OK, Mr Chimp. This one is definitely for you.

I just checked your links and the rabbit looks like it only has one pole/pad. The others I've used have had two, directly opposite.

The previous ones have specified an east/west positioning which is why I've got all bent out of shape if they've moved slightly inside me.

So, does it matter if they're east/west when in me? It would seem not with the rabbit version - unless my anatomy is REALLY alien.

My right side has nerve problems. If my leg is playing up, I know I won't feel anything inside on the right either. These e-stims have been great for me and really helped me get the feeling back.

PS Thanks for ALL your help. Seems every time any of us are looking for advice or a bargain, you're there.

VR wrote:

Oh, bugger.

I was looking for the wand rather than the rabbit or the egg.

There was quite a gap between when they added the first one and the second so they may be going live as soon as they finish the write up. Fingers crossed they'll add the wand tomorrow morning. 🤞🙂

We've not used an estim toy yet so I'm not the best to answer, but I think you just need to be touching both pads to complete the circuit. I think you'd need to aim it to where you want to be zapped but I don't think it matters which way round it is. Hopefully Jess will see this and give you more detailed (and correct) info. 🙂

Mrs Chimp used the standard medium Lovehoney set (60g) when she wanted to tone up after having our twins. She did notice a definite difference, but she was also doing a lot of regular pelvic squeezes as well every time she had a spare minute or two (just at her desk, or while making a cup of tea, etc), so I don't know exactly how much the kegel balls contributed. But she can now piss herself laughing without actually pissing herself, which is great. 👍🙂

Lovehoney Main Squeeze Double Kegel Balls 60g https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32948

Thanks, again, Mr Chimp.

Maybe if the stars are aligned for me - for a change.

I don't use them specifically to tone, though the toning action is obviously beneficial. I have a continence nurse as I retain urine. She checked me out and I'm apparently not in need of toning.

I'd heard about using e-stim to stimulate the nerves generally and to enable me to release more easily. My bladder sometimes feels like I'm trying to piss a hedgehog out. The wrong way! The nurse wasn't sure if they'd work for that but rec'd the iTouch and it does seem to ease the sharpness.

I notice a difference with pain and how easy it is to pass urine if I haven't used e-stim. I bloody hate using a catheter when I can't pee as I always end up with an infection.

Shoving a wand in for 20 minutes before I get up in the morning will be a lot easier than anything else. I can't be arsed with leads/remotes any more. I'm grumpy enough in the morning as it is.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

PS Twins! That's hard work. Hope you're as helpful round the house as you are here ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

VR - I can't say I've had a problem withe the leads but it does sound like a faulty unit. I had a TENS machine years ago that did the same, reporting a leads issue when it was the port on the unit that was faulty.

I can confirm that the wand does indeed have a pad either side of it unlike the rabbit. The pads are also much longer, roughly 2inches long. You can indeed use the e-stim independant of the vibrations, which is a good job as you can't really feel them once the vibrations are on.

There are no instructions on how to best use the e-stim though. There are simply 5 levels of power, no patterns or anything. So hopefully you'll have an idea of how to use it for your benefit from the iTouch and Truman.

To be honest thoough it felt like I had to just lay still when using the e-stim and not move it at all to feel it working properly, so it felt a bit clinical. I think the egg would be much more friendly to use as you could at least move around the house whilst it's doing it's thing instead of having to lay still on the bed.

I do hope you manage to find something that works for you though. I know the problem with dulled feelings as I have nerve damage issues too, but mine is more that sometimes my medication stops me feeling things fully (Butrans and Oramorph). Sometimes it just won't happen and leaves me very frustrated. But on the plus side it means I get to fully test a toys capabilities lol

PT x

VR wrote:

I just checked your links and the rabbit looks like it only has one pole/pad. The others I've used have had two, directly opposite.

Sorry, I must have skimmed over the one pad comment last night. It does look like it has only one pad in the Lovehoney photos but on the manufacturer's website you can see that the second pad is on the opposite side of the rabbit shaft. 👍🙂

VR wrote:

I don't use them specifically to tone.

Yes, sorry. I think I may have garbled my reply a bit. The paragraph about regular kegel balls was in reply to lubylou13's original question. 🙂

VR wrote:

PS Twins! That's hard work. Hope you're as helpful round the house as you are here

I'm actually the stay-at-home parent with full domestic responsibilities. 😎

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

Sorry, I must have skimmed over the one pad comment last night. It does look like it has only one pad in the Lovehoney photos but on the manufacturer's website you can see that the second pad is on the opposite side of the rabbit shaft. 👍🙂

VR wrote:

I don't use them specifically to tone.

Yes, sorry. I think I may have garbled my reply a bit. The paragraph about regular kegel balls was in reply to lubylou13's original question. 🙂

VR wrote:

PS Twins! That's hard work. Hope you're as helpful round the house as you are here

I'm actually the stay-at-home parent with full domestic responsibilities. 😎

Thanks for that - I'll go have a look now.

Wow - there aren't that many blokes that do that. I take my hat off to you.

My OH works with a load of other blokes and there's a lot of BS thrown at the guys that admit they're happy to help with the kids and housework etc. I'd love to know why men do that. Why the "alphas" always pressure others with "under the thumb" taunts.

OH used to get pressured into loads of stuff he didn't want to do but is much better at saying no and brushing off the BS these days. He says it's still uncomfortable being put in that position in front of all his workmates, though.

I've worked in male-dominated places a few times in my life and have seen it causing a lot of problems within relationships. Sometimes (as with my OH) he has to spend extra time with me if I'm having a relapse. He's never missed work for me, but has said no to things like stag nights away. Sometimes, blokes with families can't afford expensive nights out or weekends away and some can't leave families if their partners are working.

It always annoys me when I've heard about this kind of thing. I don't know if you get ribbed by other blokes for being the "house-husband" and if you do, if you've managed to brush it off (if it's bothered you), or you're just sensible about being at home. OH has always said that if we'd had to do it, he'd happily stay at home if I was the main earner.

Whatever the case, I wish more blokes were like you and I definitely love your bargain-spotting talents and all the relationship and toy advice you post here. Thank you.

I'm off to look (with my eyes closed!) to see if one of the wands have come up yet now.

High 5 Mr Chimp, also a home Dad here. Thankfully my work allows me to work from home which allows Mrs K&C to go out to work without us paying a fortune out in childcare. I wouldn't say I get much ribbing for it, but the ribbing I do get is done in fun and easily laughed off. The main thing that bugs me is when I take the kids out at the weekend when the wife is at work and you hear comments like "oh it must be Dads once a month visit from the kids". Even if it was they can bugger off, but I am too polite to actually say it to them 😀

K&c30's wrote:

High 5 Mr Chimp, also a home Dad here. Thankfully my work allows me to work from home which allows Mrs K&C to go out to work without us paying a fortune out in childcare. I wouldn't say I get much ribbing for it, but the ribbing I do get is done in fun and easily laughed off. The main thing that bugs me is when I take the kids out at the weekend when the wife is at work and you hear comments like "oh it must be Dads once a month visit from the kids". Even if it was they can bugger off, but I am too polite to actually say it to them 😀

You and Mr Chimp are obviously very special blokes. I can see that with the helpful and supportive posts you write here. You both go above and beyond.

It's rare down our way to see dads like you two and the blokes seem Neanderthal with their attitudes to the rare few who are.

I'm sorry you get the comments like that, good for you keeping your dignity. If more mums and dads were like you our society would be much better off.

PurringTiger wrote:

VR - I can't say I've had a problem withe the leads but it does sound like a faulty unit. I had a TENS machine years ago that did the same, reporting a leads issue when it was the port on the unit that was faulty.

I can confirm that the wand does indeed have a pad either side of it unlike the rabbit. The pads are also much longer, roughly 2inches long. You can indeed use the e-stim independant of the vibrations, which is a good job as you can't really feel them once the vibrations are on.

There are no instructions on how to best use the e-stim though. There are simply 5 levels of power, no patterns or anything. So hopefully you'll have an idea of how to use it for your benefit from the iTouch and Truman.

To be honest thoough it felt like I had to just lay still when using the e-stim and not move it at all to feel it working properly, so it felt a bit clinical. I think the egg would be much more friendly to use as you could at least move around the house whilst it's doing it's thing instead of having to lay still on the bed.

I do hope you manage to find something that works for you though. I know the problem with dulled feelings as I have nerve damage issues too, but mine is more that sometimes my medication stops me feeling things fully (Butrans and Oramorph). Sometimes it just won't happen and leaves me very frustrated. But on the plus side it means I get to fully test a toys capabilities lol

PT x

Thanks for the info, PT. I don't know how I missed your post, but I did, so sorry for the late reply.

I don't mind the lying there tbh. I enjoy the feeling of e-stim so try to make the most of it when I'm coming round in the morning (I'm a bit drugged up, too. Takes me ages to come round). I use e-stim daily on my leg to make me pick my feet up. The technician reckons I'm odd because I love the feeling so much.

I'm always looking for something to keep my nerve endings (and therefore my sex life) alive and have spent a fortune here over the years - I've enjoyed my quest, though. Learning from people here has been great for me.

I do wish manufacturers wouldn't try mixing vibes and e-stim. One or t'other please! Truman is a bloody nightmare to get on the kegel program.

VR wrote:

It's rare down our way to see dads like you two and the blokes seem Neanderthal with their attitudes to the rare few who are.

I'm sorry you get the comments like that, good for you keeping your dignity. If more mums and dads were like you our society would be much better off.

This is a bit of a delayed response as I was trying to work out a way to reply without going wildly off-topic. 🙂 I'm much the same as K&c30's. My friends don't really give me any grief over it, and if they do it's very good natured. You do get the odd 'mum-in-the-park' type who can't get their head around it but it's not caused me any significant heartache. 🙂 Thanks for the compliments though. 🙂👍

lubylou13 wrote:

Wow I didn’t even realise electric was an option! I definitely like the sound of that. I can see the wires annoying the hell out of me also 😂 I just googled the others you were on about and they look fantastic. Thank you so much for your help on both my threads, you have been very insightful

I think estim does look like fun but they are quite pricey toys. I'm sure you can get some really good results with regular kegel balls and pelvic squeezes if you wanted to try a low-cost method first.

I've got the annabelle knight kegel set recently. It's a pretty good starter set if you don't want to spend too much. The lighter weight was too light for me but using the heavier weights I've definitely noticed an improvement in a very short time. I'll be moving on to something heavier and perhaps smaller quite soon though I think. But these have been worth it and are working well for me.