Ladies masturbating? Why is it not as common as men?

You’ve only got to look at the difference in range and choice of toys on Lovehoney and elsewhere to realise that those with a vulva are far better catered for than us penis owners.
Granted a vibrator or dildo can be viewed as universal but at the end of the day they’re designed and generally marketed for clitoral/vaginal stimulation.
It’s the same story with underwear.
Go online or into any store that sells underwear and look at the difference in choice. The boxers are usually tucked away at the back and take up a fraction of the space dedicated to lingerie.
I might be wrong but I’m not aware that there a high street store anywhere that just sells boring old boxers or Y fronts.
Don’t get me wrong, this is my observation and not necessarily a complaint but it would be good to see a wider range of nice undies that will accommodate a penis comfortably.
LH did ask the question about what we would like to see in this department some time back and a lot of people took the time to respond and while there’s the odd new design there’s still a few naff novelties and far less choice in comparison.

2 Likes

Personally I masturbate all the time. However when I was younger I was told God was watching me all the time, seeing my every move and knowing my every thought. I was also told we don’t touch ourselves (mind you the reaction to another adult touching there didn’t cause much of a stir, twisted, I know.) So that gave me a really messed up way of thinking about masturbation and I’m so glad a male friend came with me to sexpo one year and advised me to get a vibrator. That weekend I didn’t leave the bedroom and I have never looked back. God can perv if he wants to, lol jk.

4 Likes

The truth is basically every girl does it. Just some people see it as gross so they don’t say they do it. I think in this day and age sexually health is far more public not more closed

2 Likes

@MissTery same experience here. But for me I saw somewhere someone wrote “if you weren’t supposed to touch it why did he put the clitoris within reach?” So I was like well then. It’s literally right there.

3 Likes

Agree a lot with @jadeybaby35 and back then, when I was younger, feeling that it was dirty or slutty to enjoy the pleasure from masturbating or need the sexual relief of an orgasm. For some reason it just seems to be more embarrassing for women to admit they enjoy or need sexual pleasure and relief more than men. I think probably similar numbers of men and women masturbate, but like they say, us women do not always tend to be truthful and admit it.

edited by mod It was the same when I started using sex toys, I wouldn’t want anyone to know.

Now a good few years later in life, most of the ladies can admit to masturbating and many of them also using sex toys.

4 Likes

Yes… frustratingly to me my last GF admitted to me as we broke up after five years that she’d had a rabbit one point (which she threw away out of shame…) and was able to make herself cum with the rabbit ears. What a waste of an opportunity for fun.

2 Likes