Ladyboys would you?

Ok just a senerio. Me and my hubby have been watching ladyboys and he said he wouldn't mind one moving In as a housekeeper maid etc.... And I said I wouldn't mind either ..best of both!! Have any of you been watching I find it so intriguing

I slept with a ladyboy it was amazing

God like a cinder box.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Hi!

I gather the name of the show must be "Ladyboys", and I have never seen it, but may I please ask members not to use the term "Ladyboy" on the forums when refering to a cross-gender person? The reason being that there are some cross-dressers and trans-genders that use these forums, and may find it offensive.

Saying you wouldn't mind one moving in as a housekeeper seems a little offensive too. Sorry for being so PC about it, but it something that offends me a little bit. And no, you don't need to be part of a particular group to feel offended by something. I instantly ask myself, "Why not consider meeting a trans-gender as a friend? or as a housemate/tenant? and why almost say it like trans-genders are another species?"

I know you probably didn't mean it that way at all, but on a forum such as this, it can be misconstrued.

Just a reminder.

Thanks for understanding, folks. x

Thank you A_A - just what I was thinking.

Please be aware of the terminology you use and the context of this conversation.

I'll continue to monitor it.

Yes that is the name of the program. And it is said throughout the show by the trans genders and their partners! I definately didnt mean it in an offensive way. I just find it a very interesting and entriging program. And would be very happy to have a trans gender person as a friend!

I wouldn't go out of my way to sleep with a transexual as I would find it uncomfortable to single a person out just because of a trait the same as I wouldnt go out of my way to sleep with a Chinese person or someone from America if that makes sense?
However, if I was single and happened to meet someone and we were attracted to each other and something happened it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. They are just people at the end of the day :-).
Its who they are as a person not the clothes they wear or the attachments they have.
Hope this makes sense and doesn't offend anyone.

Maybe one of you guys that know 'all the genders' could list them to avoid making the less informed feel a little embarrassed. It's true not everyone knows the correct label of a gender. Personally I don't bother with labels more a name of a person but sometimes in conversation these labels crop up and unless you actually study or move in those sort of circles then how are you supposed to know. It's not ignorance it's just not something on top of most peoples things to study lists.

I think the rule of thumb should be, if you are unsure as to whether a term is correct or offensive, don't use it.

DavidB1986 wrote:

I think the rule of thumb should be, if you are unsure as to whether a term is correct or offensive, don't use it.

This is an impossible task.

We keep playing semantic hopscotch with terminology for the various labels we use for people. It's impossible to get away from some form of labelling - there are about 7 billion of us after all so treating every one as a totally special case is a bit tricky.

However, we start off with one term, have a small minority use it pejoratively until it becomes a term of abuse. We then change the name only for the same a**holes to pick up on the new term and transform that into something derogatory - and so we go on.

That is how the word 'special' became a term of abuse FFS. You can't fix this by semantics - only by changing people's attitudes.

Agreed totally Gyrator.

DavidB1986 wrote:

That would mean no one could ever speak at all because you never know what people find offensive or not and it's just an unrealistic expectation.

think this is a slightly odd example. Many terms used for transgender can be seen as offensive but it's fairly personal as to how they're taken (and I have a number of transgender friends to base this observation from, though am sure others will have different experiences - kinda the point). But Ladyboy has a specific cultural link too. In Thailand it's used a lot and from what I gather is used a lot as a manner of self labelling.

Didn't see the show that was mentioned in the first post so I don't know if that is relevant of course.

As it is I think the best advice, as always and as mentioned above, is treat people individually and respect their own way of referring to their gender or any other aspect of who they are.

oh, and actually answering the question -

It's not happened, but if it felt right then I wouldn't rule it out.

The show is about Thailand :) so ladyboys in that sense makes more sense...if that makes sense. And it's diff all over the globe what is acceptable or offensive, like in Samoa transgenders are fa'afafine which some people also use derogatorily (translated to - in the manner of a woman). But generally it's the accepted term. So it's hard to know what to say. I think people should take offence and turn it into an opportunity to educate :D or be educated themselves (depending on the sitch!).

but in answer to the OPs question (I am choosing to ignore the 'as a housekeeper or maid' kinda section as I find that really really odd!) I wouldn't rule it out completely but I don't see myself sleeping with one anytime soon as I'm currently not attracted to a womans looks and don't enjoy sex with a woman. So either way I wouldn't. :) x

Ork wrote:

I question if this had been a thread about having a woman move in as a house maid, if anyone would care about that part of the thread? Just seems like its only causing issues because it refers to someone from what I guess you could call a minority.

I personally just dont get that part of the thread, like I couldn't tell if the post was about having sex or having a maid.. Or a sex maid of some kind? or whether it was about Thai people being maids, or transgenders of any ethnicity/nationality. Or both it just to me seems not connected or ambiguous, can't tell!

Im bi-sexual, but i've never had an attraction for transgender people nor has my partner so it wouldnt be for us.

As for the maid scenario, i assume your refering to a sort of sissy maid scenario? Which again isnt very appealing to us as were more sub/Dom relationship.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Stuburns wrote:

Maybe one of you guys that know 'all the genders' could list them to avoid making the less informed feel a little embarrassed. It's true not everyone knows the correct label of a gender. Personally I don't bother with labels more a name of a person but sometimes in conversation these labels crop up and unless you actually study or move in those sort of circles then how are you supposed to know. It's not ignorance it's just not something on top of most peoples things to study lists.

Hmm. How would one go around making that list then?

Personally, I don't blame any person for not being informed, I guess tv shows like this 'Ladyboys' are to blame for making it seem like these terms are acceptable. There are many TV shows that I don't like because they portray sexuality in the wrong light... Shows like Two and a Half Men and Jersey Shore... What sort of messages are they sending to young people?

Off-topic, I know, but perhaps a thread should be made to point these things out. But I wouldn't know how to go about that without slapping labels on peoples foreheads.

A topic explaining all genders and sexualities? such as binary, non-binary, cisgender, gender fluidity, queergender, trigender, bigender, transgender, cross gender, pansexulatity, pangender, straight, and many many more?

Wow. That would be a long long list then and no doubt would get longer.

Stuburns wrote:

Wow. That would be a long long list then and no doubt would get longer.

It is long, although most of the terms have been in use offically for at least 10 years. But it gets complex, and the list is way longer. I am making my own lists for articles and things, but I still am always finding new terms.

Ork wrote:

The issue of course being as well, different things mean different things, to different people XD

Yes, but then there's the techinical and more offical side to it too =)