Laser Removal of Pubes

Has anyone gone for laser removal of their pubic hair at all or have any experience of this? I am seriously considering this as the price is now pretty affordable vs waxing and I've prefered not having any hair down there for some time now.

sounds ouchy

Yes me and my OH are getting it done it is not not sore and after i had six sitting done i be hair free for years but you need go and get it top up once a year that if you need 2 it looking good all ready not sore at all 15 mins i was done no rip off hair just gun send wee shock 2 you hair ends that it it's fast

I have wanted to have it done ever since I was 16, 4 years later im still too scared to do so

X

This sounds like it would be incredibly painful... but then again I know nothing about it :')

I have one of those 'at home' IPL things and it doesn't hurt at all. It says you can use it on your bikini line.

I have looked into laser hair removal, not for my pubes but for my top lip. It's hardly noticeable but it bothered me. The laser targets the hair follicle with an intense burst of heat the denatures the proteins (kills the follicle) so it will not produce any more hair. It is advisable to use an after sun cream or aloveira based moisturiser after use to soothe the skin, but should not hurt.

I have tried it, not laser but IPL in a salon, but the experience should be more or less the same. It is perfectly manageable pain, not too intense at all, and you also get more and more used to it as sessions go along. It's like feeling a very high heat for a fraction of a second in the area. No burning or other irritation occurred with me and I have sensitive skin.

Sadly, for me there were no results. Although I have perfectly fair skin, unfortunately I have too fair hair even on my vulva and armpits too :(.

My wife did it and has never regretted it, she started with her bikini line, then down to a strip and then got her legs done and armpits... she reckons the salons are the best place as the home kits are nowhere near as powerful or long term, you do need to do a course of them but once you've done enough, generally your good to go and only require the odd little run with a razor for any few strays.... Also saves me finding my blades all used and clogged with hair from god knows where.

I'm actually tempted to get mine a bit of a long term tidy up too.

I didn't find it worked very well. My OH had 6 treatments and she didn't get the results

Well I've got my own laser at home which has pretty much done the job for me. Been using it around 12 mths and very smooth every where.

The pube area I use on low for obvious reasons, and yes it's bloody hot! be careful round those delicate parts. Shaving days are long gone thankfully, arm pits, legs and pubes silky smooth now.

I think it's more hygienic too. :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for the diy kits ? I would love to do the little lady .i really enjoy stimulting her orally but this is so much better when the jungle is trimmed back !

I use Silk'n which is Flash &Go works well on me. You don't get the flashes it tells you that you should get but same with all of them :)

My OH had it done about 6 years ago and despite not having tops ups it's still keeping the hairs at bay.

She was told that it's more effective on dark hair as opposed to blond. This has proved to be the case for her as she has nearly black hair. She had her bikini line done and yes it was sore for some time after. She chose a salon that was based in a local hospital, working on the basis that the NHS wouldn't allow a practice that wasn't safe on their grounds.

Can't remember precisely how many sessions she had done now - I think it was 5 or 6 over the course of about 10 months. During the treatment she had to keep the sun off that area too.

But she's never regretted it for a moment.

I'm so tempted by the SmoothSkin Gold. It has really good reviews and a 60 day money back guarantee if you buy directly from their website.

I've never looked back after getting mine. It takes but minutes to do as well. That sounds good!

I'm fair haired, so wouldn't work on me sadly, otherwise I'd give it a go. I'm pretty lucky that I don't need to shave too often. I'd hate to have to shave daily.

I spent thousands on hair removal at a salon with very limited results. Had course 12 sessions ( normally only need 6) and only areas where there was thin hair to start with worked. It has mostly reduced hair growth but not stopped it. Did not make any diffrence to the pubes at all. The kits you can buy for home have so little power they dont work. Unless its something very minor like hair above the lip I say save your money. Wish I had.

'Now its pretty affordable' Whats it cost for 6 sessions now then?

My ex gf wanted me to have it done, but after phoning or emailing just about every salon in Sheffield she gave up because of the price.

Well, she did start saving for it for a while, and said it would be my Christmas and bday pressie together.. which seemed a tad unfair as it was for her I said haha

Being MtF, I have had a lot of laser hair removal done, on my armpits, face, belly, pubic area and hands. Luckly I'm not a very hairy person so I didn't need excessive treatments.

I found the only laser treatment that hurt was my hands due to the thin skin.

I book my sessions one at a time and for an hours slot it cost me £100. As the technician was quick with the laser and I have a high pain threshold, we managed to get my full face, armpits, hands and belly hair done in one hour, with some time to spare.

Don't go for IPL, just find a full laser as it's more effective and cheaper in the long run. I found hair not growing back in areas after 3-5 sessions with laser.

I epilate and shave my legs and I find that with epilation over the years it has damaged the hair folicles in my legs to the point that most of my hair on my legs doesn't grow back! Yay! Waxing can also do this too.

I wouldn't recommend letting an epilator near your privates! Just thinking about that hurts *crosses legs tightly*