last nites tv

Did anyone else see the Channel 4 documentary on the 8 women asked to help design a sex toy for women/with women in mind and if so what did they think of the winners.

the clit stim toy was pretty ... but a bullet would work just as well i think :/ seemed to be more fashion over function . the women annoyed me , screechy voices an all .. and i just thought it was a bit of a miss all round to be honest .

Me to I thought it was shit, them people didn't even get a penny with all the money that company has, I don't think they care about there customers.

I was very upset with how AS took advantage of the women who spent a large amount of time helping to design and promote the products. Yes two of them did recieve a trip to china, but this is actually standard, for sex toy retailers / manufactures to send some of the team to check-out the product of products, and often these team memebrs get paid to go.

I feel that there should've been more support and information given to the woman who confessed that she had been abused when younger. Yes she was very strong to let AS and us know, but AS has a responsibility to also show that their is support, not only just to her, but also to those watching who may have experienced similar in the past too. Instead they handed her a sex toy. And yes, it was wonderful the toy did induce a climax after awhile, but this may be psychological, rather than the toy being any good really. It needed a bit more information anyway.

I didn't like how they kept going on about how much profit they were going to make from the toys, which these women were designing for free.

I did like that I got to see some vintage vibrators on TV though, that's always fun.

However, all the designs AS produced I have seen before, the only difference really, were the materials used (past models of those products have used TPR and other materials, whereas these 'new' ones are using higher-quality materials).

It's a shame, I was really looking forward to it too and even made cookies to eat while watching it, as I thought it'd be a nice, fun and relaxing show... I just ended up upset and angry after seeing it.

Bit of a disappointment. all they seemed interested in was profit and their toys are very noisy. I check reviews slot because. I hate noisy toys.

Personally, I thought The Secret Life of Cats was the best thing on telly last night - it was AMAZING! :D

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Personally, I thought The Secret Life of Cats was the best thing on telly last night - it was AMAZING! :D

Now that was good

I have their 'panty pin' and it is incredibly noisy, not at all powerful and very stiff to turn on and off. I think it is designed to fit in the knickers while out and about, but I would never wear it out, honestly everbody would hear it.

Now, I second Alice, the secret life of cats had me in stitches! I want to attach one of those collars to my own pets ^-^

I just watched pussy...

Oh come on... been wanting to do that all day

PS, there's Little Cat diaries on at 10 bbc2

I loved the secret life of cats! As proud owner of these fascinating felines, it was very interesting to watch! I alos watched a couple of episodes of Miranda on DVD, god that woman is hilarious!

Is it just me or was there nothing particularly groundbreaking invented on the AS show after all?
I also felt that Jacqueline Gold came across as a very cold and purely money orientated woman. There was definitely no need for her to flash the cash about and show the ladies her luxury home!

As for the secret life of cats thing i'm off to check that out :D

KittyStar wrote:

I also felt that Jacqueline Gold came across as a very cold and purely money orientated woman. There was definitely no need for her to flash the cash about and show the ladies her luxury home!

If a client (especcially one from a a big corporation) invited me into their home to do business I would be a little confused to say the least. Even starter companies and self emplyed people often meet in public places or someone else's office. It is much more proffessional. There is no nead to showboat. but then again it was probably the idea of the film team to do so.

i have always disliked AS despite never having anything to do with them. now i have a reason i hate them even more. LH would have done such a better job of this....and im sure someone was pumping heliyum into the room the entire time the women were talking. i liked the oldest lady best and her idea truely was inovative. the pink heart stimulator and the gym ball i have seen before.

I thought the expanding girth rabbit was probably about the best of the lot, although the rocking dildo with clit stim looked interesting to me; however the missus didn't look that impressed with it.

I did like the LH advert in the break though - a nice bit of placement there!

I watched this today as i recorded it, in my opinion the best bit was the Love Honey advert shown half way through. The voices grated on my nerves, absoutly horrendous. I felt Jaquline Gold was all proffits and no care or concern for the ladies designing the goods. I didnt feel the ideas were above and beyond anyother toy avaliable, but i guess if nothing else it gets sex toys talked about and perhaps more people frequenting LH, who as we all know is far superiour to AS. I really felt for the women, who had tried hard to design a toy, and they totally changed the designs, and the women didnt get anything in return. I know they knew they would not get paid, but perhaps they should have all received one of each toy, or vouchers to spend in store. GeeBee

oh, i was so bored with the programme i forgot all about watching for the LH advert. frown was it the nice suburban couple's morning snog again? that was fun.

I was expecting more from the show but in the end, found it a bit of an anti climax (Pun intended) A little boring I guess.

I don't know how to feel about the money issue. Yes, the company could of offered maybe a percentage of sales to those women but I also think that the company just took advantage of some peoples willingness to be famous or thought highly of. I mean, I am guessing the company told the women from the start that they would not get paid, yet the women still accepted that and outright volunteered to continue, either for the fame, or the honour of doing it. It did make the company look bad but I guess it was a case of taking advantage of a free opportunity for huge income. Maybe most companies would do that if given the choice? Maybe some would stop and say "no lets offer them money" who knows.

I can't say I am a fan of said company myself. Lovehoney stand head and shoulders above for prices, products and customer service, in my opinion, but hell, they got some great free marketing in with that show last night. One good thing to come out of it is that programs about sex toys are now being shown on TV! I am so pleased to see them becoming more normalised and accepted in society. Breaking taboos down step by step. I can't say any of the ideas really jumped out at me and made me think "Wow I NEED to try that" though. Most of the ideas are pretty much, in some form or another, already available on the market. I don't think that was much the point though, it was a whole big marketing issue,. "Toys made my REAL PEOPLE" etc etc as seen by the fact that a lot of the ideas got changed so much as to not resemble the original idea but rather, to make a product that will sell sell sell. Fair enough though, it is a company at the end of the day.

I also smirked at the cheeky Lovehoney advert shown in the middle. LOL! Nice work Lovehoney, you made me grin. See....cheeky marketing for the win lol. It is a dog eat dog world. x

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Wasn't it! Mind you try telling my 4 cats that they should be solitary, they like each other's company!

I think I am going to have to watch this Secret Life of Cats on catchup now, to see what the fuss is about! hehe

I totally agree with all of the above. The programme was a dissapointment it just made me feel annoyed at AS and how they treated their testers and customers. It just confirmed even more so that Lovehoney is the best place to shop.
I did watch the happy families program on catch up on ITV I found that more entertaining.