Latex / PVC for wearing in public?

Hopefully I am not alone with this! Mr Cat likes to see me in fetishy clothes (not uncommon I suppose) but what he REALLY likes is if we are out and I am 'dressed up'.
In the past I have worn latex trousers and a latex skirt out for dinners and this halloween was apparently his perfect opportunity to get me into a PVC catsuit for a party.
With Christmas and Christmas parties approaching its an opportunity to surprise him by taking the lead a little but I am worried about looking like a hooker. Is there a way of toning down latex/PVC wear? I really don't want to go to a fetish party - more have an evening out and a bit of fun at the same time.
I know there are options like wetlook leggings but I was thinking more about fetishy clothes that I could 'get away' with wearing out for an evening? Suggestions are welcome! whether for what to do with my existing wardrobe (trousers, skirt, zippy top) or whether there is anything here (or anywhere else is suppose) that might fit the bill?
Also - am I alone with this? The clothes don't do a huge amount for me - its more for the effect on my SO - which I suppose DEOS have a knock on effect on me - so maybe they do!

Can you afford one of the cute "skater girl" type dresses? I love those and don't think they look slutty in any way as the skirt is loose. They're really cute! xx

(Hella!!) Eeeeeeeeeeeeek I want a latex bra to wear under a sheer top!! :'( You've definitely made my new years resolution to dress more revealing! xx

I wouldn't like my bra showing through normally though.... I absolutely HATED the tight lace dress with bra of a different colour thing... But a latex bra under a sheer top would be an entirely different category!

I've treated myself to some latex stockings....not yet tried on but as Hella suggested i intend to wear them with just a normal black dress. Its matt so i thought the contrast would be nice.....we'll see!!

Thanks for the tips! Funnily enough when I have worn it in the past I have done as Hella says and mixed and matched. The skirt went with a white blouse and the trousers with a long jumper (and long coat in case my bravery failed!)

I suppose the way to think of it is - imagine its not latex but leather and dress it like you would that. I know they are completely different - but I reckon the way you can mix leather / latex with 'normal' clothes is pretty similar.

PVC is trickier to pull off I think - unless deliberately dressing provocatively I suppose. Funnily enough I have a latex skirt which, when inside out is a kind of uniformly matt grey/black with a bit of a sheen. I suppose latex is a bit like tin foil with a shiny and a not so shiny side - but it did occur it would be much easier and Id be far less self consious if the clothes WERE a duller sheen rather than shiny jet black. I suppose when its coloured its coloured and you cant chang that - and if I leave it matt and unpolished it just looks - well - a bit crappy. Maybe 'softer' colours are the answer?

My OH had the same anxieties,however the first time she went out she wore a knee length PVC skirt with normal clothes on top but I did insist on her wearing a subtle choker style collar.
Although she was a little concious at first we soon found that there were plenty of women (& men)who were quite envious, she even had one ask where could she get one!
With this seasons current fashion trend of wet look & leather I think whatever you choose will be a hit.

Merry Christmas

I think I would faint if I saw a woman dressed like this ! so sexy !

Well, we all went out on new years eve to a nice bar and I was set in my mind to wear my black latex skirt, black tights and a sparkly top.

However, come the hour I chickened out :(

Maybe next time :) - though having said that I didnt see a single soul wearing anything similar so maybe I would have stood out more than I would have been comfortable with!

I've worm my latex jeans in public a few times and a latex shirt under a fleece. Not brave enough to go public in a catsuit though.

I've worn latex booty shorts and stockings under my pants, in public, always seems to end with me ducking out in a change room or bathroom to rub my hands all over the latex.

Well, where I live wetlook leggings continue to be 'in vogue' so I'm thinking that latex leggings would be virtually indistinguishable - especially in a club etc. might be a bit hot though!

These:

http://www.asos.com/Glamorous/Glamorous-PVC-Leggings-In-High-Shine/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3057583 leggings

are interesting (I hope I can post non LH things here - but LH don't sell them!)

Are they too much for daily (or nightly) wear? Do they shout 'class' or do they shout 'easy'?

Certainly not bad for £20 if people reckon they aren't too extreme?

I love latex more than PVC now, it really is a nice feel against the skin, it is nice how the material accentuates a ladies shape, alass I'll never see my other half in latex as she is worried it will upset her eczema.