Latex

Hi all I just bought the letex gloves and full length stockings and body suit it has just arrived and so far so good all I was wondering was what is the best was to get the shine to it as its comes very matte like and talc like substance on it what's the best to clean it with and make extra shiny thanks guys x

Hi Dandy2015,

I use this shiner: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18750 Also, the latex products I've purchased from LH come with care and wash instructions... if yours didn't come with instructions, I can copy them here for you. =)

You could use the Pjur Latex shining spray https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18750 but I personally think silicone lubes can work just as well. I use the Indulge by Lovehoney one and my latex has always come up a treat!

Thanks guys will definitely look into that item however I plant to abuse him tonight in my new latex haha is there any household items of methods I could use just to get through tonight with nice shiny latex x

I can't come up with a product, but what do you have that has silicone in it?

I found this in an article online: ''The use of some household polishes on latex clothing will work, but not recommended, as most can damage the sheen and even deteriorate the latex rubber. Oil based products especially should be avoided.'' So most of the shiny household products I can think of are probably not a good idea.

Hey Dandy2015

I made a couple of videos about wearing, shining and caring for latex on YouTube which I think you'd find useful.

You'll need talc or silicone lube to be able to get into your new outfit, and should shine the outside with an oil-free silicone lube or latex polish.

As other's have said, using household polish is usually a bad idea as it can damage your latex.

The only household product I can think of would be a silicone makeup primer (but you'll end up using a LOT of it) or car tyre polish.

Latex isn't really a material you can buy and where 'on a whim' as it takes a lot of preparation and accessories to wear properly.

Here ya go:

How to Wear Latex

How to Care for Latex

Oh, how about silicone for hair? The kind that's used to prevent split ends. But as Jess said, you are going to need a lot of it.

Smultron wrote:

Oh, how about silicone for hair? The kind that's used to prevent split ends. But as Jess said, you are going to need a lot of it.

Yeah - my other thought was hair conditioner as it's usually loaded with silicone, but only use it if you're ABSOLUTELY certain it doesn't contain oils.

And, to be perfectly transparent with you, I'm still not TOTALLY sure conditioner wouldn't damage the latex :/

Thanks for all your input guys really helps me out is there any popular shops around the UK in which I could walk in and buy something that would work as ordering summet won't turn up tonight I. E supermarkets or adult shops etc just so I can run and pick something up and you say tyre polish would work as that would be easy to get hands on

Dandy2015 wrote:

Thanks for all your input guys really helps me out is there any popular shops around the UK in which I could walk in and buy something that would work as ordering summet won't turn up tonight I. E supermarkets or adult shops etc just so I can run and pick something up and you say tyre polish would work as that would be easy to get hands on

Any silicone lube will do the trick. Durex do one that's quite easy to find I think :)

Brilliant so just to confirm I can grab a standard durex silicone based lube and that will do the trick until I buy the pjur from LH

Such as this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24751&fo_c=24&fo_k=11986a0f817a8438e1a634bebacdfd20&fo_s=webgains&wgu=12161_196673_15446173411415_c733bfb7a9&wgexpiry=1552393341&utm_source=Webgains&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=196673&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.redbrain.shop%2F

Dandy2015 wrote:

Brilliant so just to confirm I can grab a standard durex silicone based lube and that will do the trick until I buy the pjur from LH

Exactly. Any silicone based lube is your friend! And I'd actually recommend buying the Lovehoney Slick silicone lube, not the pjur shiner, when you place an oder as it does the same thing and is much cheaper!

Either way, have fun!

Sorry Dandy - had to delete your last comment as the formatting was crazy!

But yes - Durex Silicone lube is perfect for the job :)

Thank you very much for all the help guys :)

Thanks Jess! VERY helpful vids :) Talc and Pjur for me :)

Pjur*

101SexBot wrote:

Thanks Jess! VERY helpful vids :) Talc and Pjur for me :)

Great! So glad you enjoyed it and found it helpful!

It really was Jess! I think it was so helpful that it would be good to put a link to this video , maybe on a ' Jess card ' in with any latex purchases for customersnew to latex to take good care of the products :)