Let's have a chat about our forum...Battle of the threads!

It's taking the shine off the forum for me tbh ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

The main bugbear for me are these countless game threads. I find them annoying. I come here to discuss sex toys, lingerie, answer questions etc. not play games. People know they can use Twitter to discuss their conversations further but choose to clog up this forum. As you say it's a long time coming and hallelujah it's being attended to, because I really like being here. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

lmh95 wrote:

I have to say I really, really enjoy the games threads. They helped me to get started when I first joined, keeps my brain active and made me feel part of the community.

I think it would be a shame to remove them all as anyone can join in playing them regardless of sexual experience, age, gender and length of time on the forum and I know they are not all about sex but some are :)

Agreed, I'd persoally never have been able to intergrate here without the lighthearted side of the forums. They may not be 'helpful' exactly, but they serve their own purpose.

I do agree to some extent on the game threads, but we won't be removing them all. The games are a great way to get started and to get to know each other more 

There are certainly some samey ones that can be merged for sure. But I will tackle that one next ![wink|20x20](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif "wink")

I do agree that the games are great for getting started on the forums, but there's so many different similar gaming threads now that they can clog up the forums at times, causing some peoples questions to be missed. We could maybe pick a certain amount of the most popular threads and stick with those instead of having half-hearted gaming threads that only last a few pages?

As for those threads mentioned above, I'm throwing my votes in for the good morning thread, the rant thread and the truth and get it out thread to stay. :)

NatandTom wrote:

I do agree that the games are great for getting started on the forums, but there's so many different similar gaming threads now that they can clog up the forums at times, causing some peoples questions to be missed. We could maybe pick a certain amount of the most popular threads and stick with those instead of having half-hearted gaming threads that only last a few pages?

+1

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I do agree to some extent on the game threads, but we won't be removing them all. The games are a great way to get started and to get to know each other more

There are certainly some samey ones that can be merged for sure. But I will tackle that one next ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Good good ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

i do do like build a story one however, as that can be never ending, and very amusing to read and join in with. If commented once or twice on it .

I started with the games, but when I joined there were only 3 or 4 that were running, now there seem to be loads of them. Just cutting back on a few and keeping some would surely keep everyone happy?

I also agree that there are too many game threads. I think it's easy to miss posts in other threads because half the front page can be filled with game threads. I agree that they are a good place to start but it seems to be too many at present.

I Like the game thread, but agree with all that there are too many similar ones. I like the "good morning" thread and the "what am i doing now" also.

Shadow Collector wrote:

The good morning thread has to stay, it's the best place for friendly banter and general day to day comments, I for one would be gutted to see it go.

I would also say that the reant thread and the tea/sympathy thread are functionally different, as one is for venting anger/frustration, and the other is for more sickness/day to day gripes.

If I had to see one go, it would probably be the 'truth and get it out' as that one in my mind functions the same way as rant thread would if you simply put a 'no replies please, just venting' note at the end.

Hope my opinion makes sense.

Completely agree with a Shadow on this. I find a lot of the other threads are a bit samey and I try to just stick to posting in the threads above.

I don't really post in those threads, but mainly because I find them very same-y. The rant ones are very similar and I have thought that they could be merged. The insomniacs and what you are doing threads are also very similar, only difference being that us night owls go to one particular thread to chat at night perhaps? A sense of community due to our similarities, if you will.

Yes I agree the forums do need a bit of a tidy up,

I like the game threads but agree there are alot now,

Its good to have a selection of different threads though to cater for all people!

Some like the games to unwind from work and its a good way to break the ice with other members more so when you are a new member!

Forums getting cluttered is the same for most websites.

But all it needs is a bit of tidying up and educatiing members on using the search bar!

I know technically this should go in the Suggestions thread, but since it's on topic...

For each of the sub forums (Sex Tips & Talk, Lingerie etc), could we maybe have an opt-in tick box, and if you're not a member of that particular forum you don't see the latest posts? Could even be used the separate the game threads away from the rest of the Off Topic chat. Really really simple for the developers to program and maybe have a couple of forums that are compulsory for everyone to be in, such as Inside Lovehoney...

Just a thought...

I don't have a preferences on the off topic threads but I do think they're a little samey so would benefit from being merged or possibly restarted as others have suggested.
Unfortunately because the threads have been around for a while, if you are not in the core group of 10 or more people than it is hard to become part of the community.
As there is a lot of 121 chat, whilst it is of huge benefit to those posting, other peoples posts gets lost as a result or you feel like you are intruding on someone else's personal conversation.
I agree that whilst it is in no way anyone's intention you can end up feeling like your problem, query etc is not important enough.

Sorry I posted before I meant to.
I think all posters (myself included) need to be aware of different peoples personalities. The responses you hear a lot telling those who don't feel included to essentially "post more, you're not being ignored, its a fast moving forum" doesn't help, its no better that telling people that they are stupid for feeling the way they do.
If someone doesn't feel included we should be asking ourselves why and see what we can do to change that.

But to be fair some responses get missed by many and then some others might read it and sympathise but don't know how to respond. I've also written emotional posts that very few responded to and have felt a little abandoned even though I'm a regular poster. It's just hard to respond to peoples emotional posts because sometimes you don't want to write a response that the original poster might take in the wrong way. If you don't know people well on here, it might be hard to know how to respond to them in the best way without worsening the situation.

That's true, I read a lot more than I respond to, usually because time constraints get in the way of a proper reply and if I feel like I'm not making a decent contribution I tend not to bother...

I'd like the Good morning thread to stay as it's nice just to be able to post a quick hi etc if time is short.

I started the Tea and sympathy thread and it was intended for use by anyone who was sick, a bit down or feeling generally upset. It was never meant to compete with the rant thread although I do think the 2 have become very much the same, which is a shame. Being angry and feeling sad are too completely different emotions which require different handling and advice.

I've used the rant thread on occasion but it takes an awful lot to make me need to really rant.

Sometimes I have spare evening and come on here to join in and relax. This is what I use the game threads for.....a bit of light hearted fun. If no one has posted anything during the day that I can offer advice to and the games weren't there then I log off again which I really would be sad doing.......I like it on here and if not much else is happening at least I can p!ay the games. I do accept that there are a few too many perhaps and some which are very similar for example 'yes or no' and 'yum or eww'

At the end of the day 'you can't please a!l of the people all of the time'...... hopefully a balance can be found but we do need to make sure we read the rules at the beginning of any thread/game we want to comment on so as to be sure what's required and we're posting on the correct thread before doing so xx

If threads do get lost amongst the ongoing game threads then perhaps they just need bumping.

I think we do need some sort of chat thread as an alternative vehicle to opening up a new thread but it should be open to anyone to join in.

Just my 2cents worth

I agree it could all do with condensing down, many times I've observed the same conversations going on in different threads and this can become very confusing.

i vote to keep the good morning, afternoon thread as this pretty much covers anything, whether it's a plan for the day, if you are feeling ill, what you are currently doing and this could then irradicate the insomniacs thread, the what are you doing right now thread.
I am not sure about keeping the truth and get it out thread because I do wonder if there is a need for it if you don't wish to discuss it further. Everyone is different (and I don't wish to offend anyone) but I just wouldn't put anything on a public forum that I wouldn't care to discuss further. I would sooner write it on a scrap of paper and burn it or write it in my journal. As someone else said it's human nature to want to offer support when others are going through trying times but this thread discourages that.
I would combine the tea and sympathy and rant thread as it would be a good place to have a moan and get sympathetic advice. I have observed on a number of occasions the same conversations are happening on both threads simultaneously. It would be good to just have one area and everyone knows where to go or avoid if you aren't feeling like offering support. It could maybe renamed agony aunt/uncle thread 😊

The games threads are getting a little out of control but are great for a bit of fun and passing time. There are many similar ones that could be condensed down such as hye/wye, yes/no and yum/eww, daddy or chips.

It is so difficult to keep everyone happy so I don't envy you having to make changes but first and foremost this is a place to discuss sex and sex related stuff which isn't always apparent apart from the inside love honey threads at the top.

When newcomers first post in the forums they aren't aware of existing topics as they can't see them unless they search for them (which many are unaware about using the search bar). I was wondering if you could have stickies after the inside love honey ones. For example anal sex, pegging, bdsm, squirting (all of the common topics this would help alleviate the moderators having to close down so many threads and members having to point them in the right direction. 😊