Let's take a look at the packaging

Great video reviews, top looking sale but why do I have to take a look at the great packaging. .. I don't care lol x

I often save the packaging for my luxury toys so I appreachiate a look at the packaging 😉

Well some people do :)

It's useful if it's an item you're going to gift. Also, it's easier to dispose of more 'sleek' packaging discreetly with the regular trash than the more garish, and some downright obscene, images on some packaging.

It's also useful to know as well, as some packaging may make it easier for storage. For example the Lelo Lyla Egg and the Happy Rabbit boxes can be stored at the back of a drawer.

Plus, regardless of what happens to the packaging when you recieve your items you're still paying for it aren't you? Don't you want to know exactly what you're paying for?

I also like to see packed in discrete cardboard box. I belive that this is normal for all sex stores know.

Ok my bad we like the packaging ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

For me packaging is the first thing you come across with a toy so quality packaging goes along way to know that the toy is decent quality made from good material and workmanship, but also reflects a lot about the manufacturer too.

It's all just part of the unboxing experience, which I personally don't get overly excited about but obviously a lot of people do seeing as there are entire YouTube channels based around it

I'm rarely fussed about the packaging. If I was picking these things up from a shelf in a shop I might be more interested but generally it just gets chucked in the recycling!

I skip to the middle of the video each time because I watch the vids primarily to see if I can suss out which are the buzzy or rumbly ones. Not fussed about packaging either.

VioletWolf wrote:

I'm rarely fussed about the packaging. If I was picking these things up from a shelf in a shop I might be more interested but generally it just gets chucked in the recycling!

+1

Ads:-) wrote:

Ok my bad we like the packaging

Haha this made me laugh!

I like it but after hearing how much it adds to the cost, I certainly don't think it's worth it.

Part of my degree was advertising and packaging. We took a trip to the box factory a few miles away, it was just as thrilling as the Simpsons made it out to be. They designed and cut the boxes and it was amazing to see the effort that goes into it. It's because of this and my love of graphic design I enjoy packaging. Wow I sound like a box nerd.

RosyCheek wrote:

Part of my degree was advertising and packaging. We took a trip to the box factory a few miles away, it was just as thrilling as the Simpsons made it out to be. They designed and cut the boxes and it was amazing to see the effort that goes into it. It's because of this and my love of graphic design I enjoy packaging. Wow I sound like a box nerd.

+1 for box nerdiness! xD

I too think it's interesting to see how they're made. So many people don't realise just how many man hours are put into designing a simple box. And that's not including all the production hours. Plus, it's a skill to get them set up quickly in the factory's production lines.

When I worked in advertising we didn't really focus on the packaging as the products (jewellery) were always placed in our own branded ones. But the few times we did decide to change how we packaged them... well, it took months to decide.

I usually throw the packaging away. The only things I keep are very sturdy cardboard boxes that sometimes come with luxury toys. I expect that if I spend a lot of money on a toy it will come with it's own bag, case, or a box that is suitable for storing it.

There can be a lot of tacky pictures and packaging on some of the lower end toys that is a bit off putting, especially if you are giving the item as a gift. It's useful to know in advance what you are getting.