Lets talk about painful intercourse

Lets Talk about painful intercourse .
There are many reasons why BOTH men and women suffer from painful intercourse , whether thats before during or after , or even during and before climax and orgasm.
Many issues surrounding pain are linked to physiological issues such as PCOS , endometriosis or even IBS.
Vaginismus is usually the main culprit , and alot of women don’t realise that this is happening to them and that is is COMPLETELY NORMAL.
yes, it is normal, it happens. Vaginismus can be helped with so many different resources and methods, now look , theres no cure, but it will get easier and everyone deserves a pleasurable sex life whethere thats solo fun or with a partner.
So lets talk about some methods that can help

1. Self play : you need to know your body inside and out. You more than anyone knows what feels good and what doesnt, so take osme time. a self massage, masturbation, take it slow and ractice it - it is self care.

2. Get a good physiotherapist. There are physiotherapists out there who specifically can help with painful intercourse and vaginismus. They can show you how to relax your pelvic muscles and vaginal muscles.

3. Kits- there are kits out there which come with up to 8 dildos from a tiny size to a more realistic penis size so that you can get used to the feeling and sizes. This is especially great for women with endometriosis or vaginismus.

4. LUBE LUBE LUBE LUBE LUBE LUBE- LUBE

5. maybe lay off the kegels- although kegels are great for pelvic strength , alot of issues surrounding painful intercourse and vaginismus are actually going to stem form your pelvic muscle being too tight and too used to being held toght, so relax on the kegels

6. Mediatte with your vagina hammock. OK lets gets this straight, outside lips and clit - Labia, inside - vaginal canal/ vagina.
    wile meditating just relax your pelvis with deep tummy breaths and become aware of how tight you are holding your vagina, allow yourself to relax and let it go like a hammock.

7. DONT STRESS , this happens, and although pain during sex isnt normal, having these issues IS normal, and it can be helped. So dont worry :slight_smile: <3
    Love,
    Marcy

5 Likes

There’s also latex or semen allergy/sensitivity.

It took me years to work it out properly that I had this - and decades to be taken seriously enough to be tested.

Mine’s not full-blown anaphylaxis type but the semen allergy was worse with my ex (and eventually developed into a full-blown ex allergy!).

I knew a bloke who’s girlfriend was allergic to his semen years ago back in the 80’s.

We didn’t believe him but yes she was and like yourself it took along time to get it diagnosed.

I myself am allergic to spermicide they use on some condoms…at first thought it was the latex.

1 Like

I was very sensitive to some of the spermicides they used in condoms back in the 80/90’s. I’m not sure what Skyn uses but I’ve never had a reaction with any of theirs.

1 Like

Not used them since the early 90’s @VR but nice to know that a fellow sufferer has found some that she is ok with…if the need arises I’ll try those.
Thanks

yeah same!!! my doctor was like… oh you’re allergic to latex … but theres no point in going to a dermatologist , its very rare … ---- WHHAAATTTT

its more than likely the speculum, they use a wider than normal one for smears, think of it as trying to out a massive dildo inside your vaginal canal , without any lube or warm up - deffo painkillers and even try some yoga for even 10 mins before hand x

very true, skyn are non latex , after the 90s they began using run of the mill cheaper lubes instead of things like cylex spermicide on condoms. durex are very very naughty for non vegan harsh lubes.

Isnt it starnge the things we are never taught, and the things that arent put on packaging!!! its pretty dangerous really . you cant even get spermicide or diaphragms on the nhs anymore. very strange

1 Like

Take some ibuprofen @GoGirl12. I recently had my mirena removed and a new one fitted and I was glad I took them before I went…can’t do you any harm.

Sometimes it is tricky to reach as the cervix can be slightly tilted or higher up depending on your cycle. My friend has to have her smears done at hospital as they have a wider range of instruments than her local GPs surgery.

1 Like

Yes it was a durex range I was allergic to…

1 Like

no problem, I have Endometriosis and vaginismus , so I’m an old hat , I get smears every 6 months and biopsies every year too. If the ibuprofen doesn’t cut it your gp can prescribe co-codamol as a once-off :slight_smile: usually I would be in more pain closer to my cycle, as this is when your cervix comes down lower, so you can always opt to have your smear around a cycle date that suits you better :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah they are very very bad with tehir choice of lubricant , I think non latex , gentle condoms like skyn does everyone a bit of good. even durex non latex will give me a reaction - very questionable

1 Like

I really only remember one time where a lot of intense pain was involved . Recently I learned of how dangerous it can be . The cowgirl or reverse cowgirl because of the stresses a woman can put on a fellow’s member . It can actually become seriously damaged . In my case my “rider” got really wild and was in orgasmic bliss . The violent jerking to and fro along with wild sideways moves was just more than my errection could handle . I was sore for several days .

1 Like

@Oldman , yes that position is known to actually cause frenulum damage - the skin attaching penis and foreskin! so sorry it hurt!

1 Like

Thanks , but I am almost sure it was not you .

1 Like

hahaha , I’m not a reverse cowgirler , twas not me lol

1 Like