Let's talk rope!

Hello everybody! I have been a member of Lovehoney since December, but have just recently developed a passion for bondage and shibari. Does anybody else have an interest in this? I would love to talk to people with similar interests!

I'm into some light bondage, being restrained, but I actually had to look Shibari up. That's a beautiful art form and something I'd never encountered till now. It's really quite something! I hope someone on here shares this interest.

I love Shibari in all forms. If you're interested in it, Two Knotty Boys have a couple of great books for beginners.

I love rope! It can be slightly time consuming but totally worth it for the end result.

I have never heard of two knotty boys before! I will have to look them up! I'm really glad to have found some fellow rope enthusiasts! What kind of experiences have you guys had that you have enjoyed?

The Knotty Boys are great, although I'm not sure if they're still working together. Also, I think they describe it as fusion bondage, rather than traditional Kinbaku.

I'm pretty sure you can't go far wrong Googling for the work of "Esinem".

And, there is loads of good content on Vimeo and YouTube. Couple of suggestions, if you Google for "vimeo crashrestraint", there are some very helpful tutorials by Topologist. (Also take a look at his Core Rope Curriculum...)

And on YouTube, if you search for "de giotto rope", they have some fun tutorials. And "innovative fiber arts", which occasionally feels like a slightly less orthodox style, but very interesting too.

Enjoy! :-)