LH Return

Is it possible to take a return back to LH directly (without going via Royal Mail)?

The item I want to return is going on and off at it's own will and I don't think I could deal with the embarassment or humiliation in handing it over at the post office for it to be going off or to feel like they're laughing at me behind my back.

So - is it possible for me to drive out to Lovehoney to return an item?

Live chat option is still up, if you want to ask them for advice and get fast reply.

Can't you just take the batteries out?

- Barkis

Its rechargeable toy.

Ah, OK. That does make it difficult.

You could use a courier service as that would be door-to-door and avoid any schoolboy smirks at the Post Office counter. More expensive than post of course but probably still cheaper than driving the round trip to the Lovehoney office.

Hopefully someone can help on Live Chat.

- Barkis

Would you be able to turn the toy on and run the power out of it?

It doesn't respond to any input from it's buttons. It switches itself on and off at will. I have no control over it.

I would suggest speaking to Lovehoney on chat to see what they say.

Driving wise it really does depend on how close you are to Bath which is where they are based. Anything more than 20-30 miles is going to cost a fortune!

The only problem I have had with vibes turning themselves on and off are batteries ones. However, I have had rechargeable ones that don't turn on.

well, the return address is in Bath, which is about 35 miles from me.

I could only make that journey on a Wednesday, it's the only day of the week I'm free enough to make the journey.

LH Customer Care are already responding to emails - I had a reply today.

Hiya - we don't generally allow customers to visit us in person. The reason for this is that we do not necessarily have the correct insurance required for customer visits to our office/warehouse. If you contact customer care they can look into options for you and hopefully can come up with a suitable option. We're all here today being busy bee's so giving the team a call or contact via live chat should be quick and easy Bx

we had something similar once (from a crappy site) - it wouldnt turn off.

I drove out to a post office that isnt busy, in a small village about 15 miles away, because my wife wouldnt, and we were going on holiday the next day so it had to be then. I just told the woman behind the counter that it was just an old phone which wouldnt stop vibrating.

Im sure she didnt believe me, but I never went to that post office again, so i dont really care whether she remembers the shaking box or not
And yes, I'm the shy one in our relationship.

Your other option is to turn it on, if you can, and run the battery out

Hi

As said before, it's not battery operated, it's rechargable and fully charged.

And I gathered up my confidence and drove out to a wee town/village about 15-20 mins drive away today.

I packed it into the box, with another item I was returning (so it was tight for space and about a million sheets of paper scrunched up to make sure nothing could move inside.

Thankfully, it wasn't vibrating when I handed it over to the clerk.

She gave me my proof of posting and I literally ran out (she might have thought there was going to be a bomb going off).

Anyway - it's now on it's way back to LH along with another toy I bought a couple of months ago, which actually hurts me to use - so when I spoke with CC, they told me to return it too.

Fingers crossed LH can replace it, because I've lusted after it for a while......

Damn it

I got the email I was dreading

Hi ,
Thank you for contacting Lovehoney.

We have processed you a refund ,this product has been discontinued.

GBP0.00 -- Europe to UK Power Adaptor White
GBP70.00 -- SaSi by Je Joue Intelligent Rechargeable Vibrator Black

Total refund: GBP70
We have refunded GBP70 to the card that was used to place the order.

Your refund may take up to 7 working days to show on your account.

I am sooooooooooo disappointed.

I am so sorry. I can imagine. I was dreading it would happen to me when I found my Zook being faulty, but luckily it did not. I guess you would have to look round to see if you can get it somewhere.

I'm just hacked off.

It was faulty - I called CS about it being faulty (and requested replacement), I filled out the online return about it being faulty (again requesting replacement).

When I did both of these, I requested replacement.

At the time when I contacted CS and completed the return thing online there was still stock.

You'd have thought, that since they knew a faulty one was coming back and that the person returning it requested (twice) a replacement that they would have retained one.

If I hadn't asked for a replacement, or phoned CS or anything, I guess I'd take it on the chin.

But I'm seriously pissed off and really feel let down because twice I asked for a replacement - when they still had stock.

I could cry - I've lusted after this for ages, and it finally got to a price where I could afford it and I happened to be the unlucky one to get the faulty one.

T0o be honest, I don't even know where else to look. But I suppose if I start looking elsewhere, and find it, I guess that's where I'll shop from now on. I've only ever used LH until now. I suppose it had to change sometime.

Anyone got any recomendations?

I can understand why you'd be hacked off - I would be too, but I wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face (so to speak). LH does generally have the best customer services I've ever come across and their prices are competitive. Even if you find the SaSi elsewhere it doesn't mean you have to never shop here again.

Personally, I go where I'm going to get the best customer service AND the best price. If it's a very expensive item and it was cheaper somewhere else then I'd go there but it doesn't mean I'd ditch other places.

Cheapest one Ive found, other than the LH is here http://www.exclusivelyeve.co.uk/product/136/jejoue_sasi/sasi-by-jejoue-intelligent-rechargeable-vibrator.html but I have no idea what they're like as a site, just looked on price.

I can totally understand your rationale and I too, would expect one to be held back for me, if it was still in stock when I returned it - the only thing I can think is that they don't hold them back because of issues surrounding if you don't actually send yours back, or if yours got lost in the post, they can't hold back stock especially with it being a sale. Or perhaps delays in warehouse updating the system with stock.... Not sure.

Anyway, my point was, I totally get why you're annoyed but don't leave LH, especially if they have something cheaper you want in the future!

Hope you find one

Angel x

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

I can understand why you'd be hacked off - I would be too, but I wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face (so to speak). LH does generally have the best customer services I've ever come across and their prices are competitive. Even if you find the SaSi elsewhere it doesn't mean you have to never shop here again.

Personally, I go where I'm going to get the best customer service AND the best price. If it's a very expensive item and it was cheaper somewhere else then I'd go there but it doesn't mean I'd ditch other places.

Cheapest one Ive found, other than the LH is here http://www.exclusivelyeve.co.uk/product/136/jejoue_sasi/sasi-by-jejoue-intelligent-rechargeable-vibrator.html but I have no idea what they're like as a site, just looked on price.

I can totally understand your rationale and I too, would expect one to be held back for me, if it was still in stock when I returned it - the only thing I can think is that they don't hold them back because of issues surrounding if you don't actually send yours back, or if yours got lost in the post, they can't hold back stock especially with it being a sale. Or perhaps delays in warehouse updating the system with stock.... Not sure.

Anyway, my point was, I totally get why you're annoyed but don't leave LH, especially if they have something cheaper you want in the future!

Hope you find one

Angel x

I've used this site before and they are ok, haven't had any problems with them, and they keep up-to-date with newsletters etc.

If I hadn't said it TWICE - once on the phone to CS and second on the online return thing and at both times there was stock - I wouldn't be pissed off.

The fact is - I brought it to their attention TWICE that I wanted a replacement.

I guess I can't budget for it at that price, because if I'm honest, I was putting myself out of my comfort zone money wise by paying the £70 for it. It was literally just within my reach at that price.

Being on my own, with no support for the children from my ex-husband, our weekly budget is around £70-£80 per week, and with it being christmas time and having a little money sent to me from my dad, and by nicking some cash from my budget, it only just brought it into range where I could afford it.

I know I can't afford it elsewhere.

I just feel really let down.

It was kinda my christmas present to me (cos I didn't get anything cos I'm on my own)