Lingerie sizings

OK, so I'm looking for some lingerie to tempt my OH with.

I haven't particularly found anything I really like yet (got an image in my head) but just one question.

How can lingerie fit from size 6-16 (for example).

I mean really, I'm a 16 and can't ever imagine how a size 6 would fit into my clothes - they'd be massive. Equally, if it did fit someone who was a 6, an 8 or even a 10, I just can't see how I'd flatteringly get into it.

Example - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16221

I can see how people might fit into the tops but the bottoms. How come it's such a huge size range?

In general I find the sizing a little confusing sometimes. For example http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12527 says it fits 10-16 (one size). But scroll further down the page and 10-14 is one size and 16-20 is one size queen so does this mean it will fit me or not??

Does this make sense?

could it be that theres straps that cou cant see. with your second example the bikini top ties so it could be that you tie it to fit around you?

lovehoney do free returns on unworn lingerie, so if you do buy it and its obvious that it wont fit you can always return it? i guess it just depends on when you need it

would it be worthwile e mailing the customer services? im sure they would be more than happy to give you the measurements of the things youre interested in?

Quote: Material: Spandex

I think that's probably the secret for the first item. Personally I can't see how it can fit both a size 6 and a size 16 properly, but...

As a male customer that recently bought lingerie as a christmas pressie, the size thing is quite a worry. I wonder if Lovehoney would consider showing pictures of the lingerie with both smaller and larger size models? I know there is the option to upload your own photos of the lingerie but this is obviously after the event.

sweetlove666 wrote:

lovehoney do free returns on unworn lingerie

I was in the belief that you can try it on, as long as you keep your own knickers on underneath to avoid... Well, you get the picture.

I have a weird sizing but I guess it's like that for everyone depending on where you go to and what brand clothes you wear as they differ slightly. I can fit nicely into size 14-16 tops but have to choose the 16-18 option here and I prefer Size Queens as I'm bigger chested etc.

I avoid the One Size options as I know the fit won't be flattering for me at all. It's a little annoying cause some of them are really pretty and I know the sizing is a little too generous. Again I have some Size Queen chemises that fit me nicely but may be tight and restricting to those that are on the bigger side of the range they have given.

I think you'd have to look at the fabric and how the lingerie is designed. I have found that those with lacy stretchy tops for the chest fit the bigger chested better and flatter the curves with a free flowing bottom half for also a nice silouette. I have an eager eye to those little details...

Good Luck. =]

toycar69 wrote:

Quote: Material: Spandex

I think that's probably the secret for the first item. Personally I can't see how it can fit both a size 6 and a size 16 properly, but...

As a male customer that recently bought lingerie as a christmas pressie, the size thing is quite a worry. I wonder if Lovehoney would consider showing pictures of the lingerie with both smaller and larger size models? I know there is the option to upload your own photos of the lingerie but this is obviously after the event.

Ahhh, now I missed this Spandex bit. I just have horrible visions of not fitting comfortably at all and that would kill my self esteem lol ........... might give that a miss

I'm such an impatient person that I know I'd be disappointed if I had to send it back ha ha ha

I'm probably a size 16-18 and am E cup in most lingerie. I know different brands have different sizing. It's just so frustrating; a lot of the pretty things, I don't think will fit me

yeah, I can't imagine spandex being very comfortable for any size, let alone the higher end of a one-size-fits all. Also, its quite possible you could take someones eye out when it comes off. Ping!

LittleKitty wrote:

I'm such an impatient person that I know I'd be disappointed if I had to send it back ha ha ha

I'm probably a size 16-18 and am E cup in most lingerie. I know different brands have different sizing. It's just so frustrating; a lot of the pretty things, I don't think will fit me External Media

Ah, we're similat in sizing. I think you'd benefit from the size queen options.. they're generous on top and really flatter your figure. Is there anything in particular you wanted? What's your budget? I'd suggest some..

x X x wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

I'm probably a size 16-18 and am E cup in most lingerie. I know different brands have different sizing. It's just so frustrating; a lot of the pretty things, I don't think will fit me External Media

Ah, we're similat in sizing. I think you'd benefit from the size queen options.. they're generous on top and really flatter your figure. Is there anything in particular you wanted? What's your budget? I'd suggest some..

Ohhh thank you.

I'm looking for a bra/underwear set preferably in black that I can attach black suspenders too - or something that would go with black suspenders anyway.

I also wanted (if possible) something with a little skirt (or similar effect) on; to give the effect of a really short but sexy skirt whilst also being flattering so you're comment of something that has a free flowing bottom half would also work.

I've never had any REALLY sexy underwear so I'm sort of open to suggestions even though I have a picture in my head?! Price - would prefer not to go above £40. Thank you x x x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/lingerie/sexy-plus-size-18/bras-and-bra-sets/

Here is a full selection. I really would suggest you'd avoid looking at the normal section like the One Size options as they don't accommodate well for bigger chest, especially bra sets. Also, many of them are set for B cup and may not fit well.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17971 or http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17972 will be a really nice pretty alternative to the standard bra sets. If you want more of a loose fitting and "safe" fitting I'd suggest the plus size but it depends on your figure (if you have a bigger derriere etc).

This is on sale http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17951 don't know if it's your thing though but it has a nice short skirt with it. =]

I'm more of a chemise/babydoll lingerie person. I was thinking of something like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20230 originally but a lot has sold out. I just made an order and forgot about this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20229 which is now in stock.. the back detail is gorgeous.

Let us know how you get on with your search and if you need more help. Good luck choosing!

Ohhh thank you - I'm just having a look through now, but you're right. There's a lot of things sold out that I like! Will let you know how I'm getting on :-)

Some of the sizing is a bit 'spacey' so to speak, some things are a bit too short etc...

I generally ignore the "one size fits" info and only ever buy things that fit a wide range *if* the reviews say they're on the small side of the size range. Otherwise it's just too much of a risk. Which is why I'm chuffed LH have started sending out lingerie testers!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I generally ignore the "one size fits" info and only ever buy things that fit a wide range *if* the reviews say they're on the small side of the size range. Otherwise it's just too much of a risk. Which is why I'm chuffed LH have started sending out lingerie testers!

Adx

Well if LH would like me to test some lingerie I'd be more than happy External Media`

Still haven't decided what to buy.......

Many thanks to x X x for helping me out with her lists though x

I'd just like to say how pleased i am to hear of other ladies having problems with the sizing. I'm a size 14/16 with size F boobage and i've noticed i've had to go for the Queen Size stuff to get anything to fit. Not that i'm saying there's anything wrong with Queen Size, it just confused me a bit buying size 18-20 lingerie when i thought i was smaller than that..