Little Happiness e-Book

So I trust most of you have had a look at the Lovehoney e-Book and had a good read of it even though you wouldn't need any tips yourselves.

I was wondering what you think of it. I think it's written very well in a way that says so much with so little words. I know: yes, it's 39 pages long, but it doesn't take long to read. I want to say ten minutes, but I suspect that's wrong. I was rather disappointed that it didn't talk more about anal sex and the possibilities of it. It could've explained how a straight man shouldn't be embarassed about the prospect of anal sex since it's a toy they're using, not a man. I know it's all about developing a better sex life with their PARTNER, but it was going on about rabbit and wand vibrators, which can be used solo, as well as the strokers for men (I have to admit, I didn't know what exactly they were for until now).

It is a good introduction to the prospects of sex toys and suchlike, but it could've been a little more thorough as it seemed to, in my point of view, talk more about the possibilities for women rather than men. And they even left out one of my fantasies of pegging! I think that's quite important to mention as it allows more possibilities for a sexually open couple where they don't mind switching roles.

Enough of me ranting. I do think it's a great introduction, especially since a lot of new people will be visiting this website if they don't despise the idea of a sex toy company advert being on TV, and it could well spread happiness to a lot of previously dissatisfied people who think of sex play as a sort of taboo.

What are your own views on the e-book, and what do you think could be improved with it?

(Plus, I like how they use words in the title which initialise as LH)

I dont really think it was aimed at us regulars, sure Alice said there was something for everyone but nothing new to the OA, but was more for the people that would be attracted by the advertising of the site, those who may not be sure how to approach the needs/wants they have.

I was pretty nieve about many things when I first joined but have learned at a pace that suited my relationship and now I am encouraged by my husband and we are so much closer and open than before.

I welcome the prospect of newbies to the site, sex is not a scary thing but fun and natural whether you use mechanical or manual methods. I know there is a wealth of information on this site and if we, the OA, can help direct someone who is unsure to informative discussions then it wil be all worth it xxx

mm was looking at an e book onky 49 squids on play .com

That's fair enough. Perhaps the other ideas were pushy in that they need to be introduced before they even need to think about things like that. Except for male masturbators. Not sure why they were left out, but I think I can imagine why.

I know it's not aimed at the regulars (I'm not a regular, though) and that it's for those who are new to Lovehoney and the prospect of sex play.

It does give a good prospect to the future in terms of pleasure for couples as well as singulars such as myself. So I can't fault Lovehoney's choice. In fact, I support it.

You underestimate your input to the site and I would class you as a recent regular xxx

I never even noticed they left the male masturbators out!!! I am happily married and bought my hubby a fleshlight (and an insert at his request) in the last couple of months. I recognise there are times he does not need me, as I do not need him at times, and thought it would be useful, especially as he has his date for the snip in march and we want de-sperming as quick as possible!!!

I think the book is good introduction for mainly those who are newer to sex toys. I think regular even if only readers of the forum have more knowledge. I would welcome it a year ago when I was new to sex toys and did not have a clue where to start. So I think the book is briliant idea and if some topics are missing maybe they can be included in revised edition?

There is a bit about male masturbators though- On the 16th point and page 31.

As for adding things like pegging- well, I think that's a little too focused. The book is general and hints at more of what could be explored. So in that aspect it's perfect. It mentions the best of what Lovehoney has to offer. The rabbit is a best selling toy so it's clear to see why they'd add it. Also, it's not uncommon for men to buy toys for their partners. I think it doesn't exclude men at all but can give them more information. I find it very couple friendly and informative.

I think they could have had more quotes from buyers or forum users for a more personal input (there are some already). I see the book as a mini little pocket book because the words are bigger etc so it should be scaled down unless you're looking at it from across the room.

I thought it was really nicely done. I almost wished there was a way to send it on to my Mrs like gifting it on or something with a little message area to personalise it.

I still learnt a little bit from it but it just made me feel really positive reading it.

BigPoppa wrote:

I thought it was really nicely done. I almost wished there was a way to send it on to my Mrs like gifting it on or something with a little message area to personalise it.

There is; when you download it, safe it to your desktop then attach it to an email.

I've just read it myself and I was very impressed.

I think they've struck the right balance; this is something I would be quite happy to show to many of my friends and relatives. There is a wealth of detailed info on the LH website and eslewhere for anyone who wants to explore specific subjects.

I've saved it to my desktop so that I can attach it to emails whenever I like.

i thought the LH e book was good and informative to newbies, but also i found it interesting and read it all