Long distance relationships

As many of you maybe or may not be aware my GF is American and lives there so we are very much long distance but have been together for 4 years and amazingly we make it work I have been out there for 3 months at a time about 3 or 4 times now and it works. We play together via sexting maybe once a month (I wish it was more) which is nice and toys help as she bought some for me and makes it special to use. But I just wanna know how many people are in the same boat or similar one to me and what you do to make your sex life and everything else work 😊

Hi, not so much long distance, but my husband works away from home so only see him at the weekends and this may sound weird to some people, but although he is my husband and been married 13 years we dont live with each other anymore. This has only been since July, but it seems long distance to us. In fact this situation brought us to Love Honey as I wanted things to be really special when we say each other at the weekends . All I can say is that we sext A LOT and this helps so much when we see each other as we have turned each other on all week and buying new toys and sending saucy pics has helped make it work. I know its not America and its only a week, but it seems like a lifetime.... keep on sexting her and im glad it works for you guys.

Is there a reason it’s only once a month. I’d of thought with things such as what’s ap and email / Skype / FaceTime etc etc it would be easier to be able to sext as much as possible? Working and such kind allowing?

I take my hat off to people who’s partners work away long distance etc. I couldn’t cope, It’s not even the sex side of things I’d hate not being with my hubby every night. Especially at bedtime I need to cuddle / kiss time every night.

Me and now hubby when first got together lived 2hr train ride away from one another. Each weekend we would alternate travelling to see each other. That was 12 years ago now married with kids x

We Skype and what not every week or aim for twice a week but don't aim to do sexy stuff on there as it's just nice to talk and chat about her day and chit chat about anything really so very rarely does it happen on Skype or anything like that. So that's why I say about a month we get off together, usually when I am in bed about to go to bed she'll be just getting home so usually that's a good time for it but can be tricky at times but not complaining too much as I know what I am in for.

Just trying to see what other people do with their own situations :)

Hey Jimbo1992. I’m guessing with her being in America the time difference can be a little tricky? I get what you mean about wanting to have nice conversations about her day on Skype and I’m sure she appreciates you being interested in that. Have you tried sending her photos or surprising her with an unexpected LH delivery? Mr L is in the military so he can work away for really long periods at a time. One year he spent 8 months out of 12 working away and we found whatsapp good for sexing/video calling ect and doing sexual things on there.

Very true it’s great that you just chat too xx the time difference must be hard too

Nah the time difference really isn't an issue. Everyone thinks it bad but it's only 5 hours which in a working day really isn't anything so that's the last of the problems in all honesty. You would be surprised as how easy the time difference is. She has plenty of sex toys so me buying more wouldn't really be needed. Hopefully tonight we can get in a session after our Skype!!

Jimbo1992 wrote:

Nah the time difference really isn't an issue. Everyone thinks it bad but it's only 5 hours which in a working day really isn't anything so that's the last of the problems in all honesty. You would be surprised as how easy the time difference is. She has plenty of sex toys so me buying more wouldn't really be needed. Hopefully tonight we can get in a session after our Skype!!

Ahhh okay, sorry my suggestions were a bit pants! Lol! All I can say it then to just communicate, tell her that you're wanting more sexual stimualtion than you are getting at the moment and that maybe it should be more of a priority since you have so much distance in between you both? You never know, maybe she feels the same way!