Long distance

My OH and I are in a long distance. In general we cope with it well. Recently our working lives feel things are getting in the way a little bit. I know that such working pressures wouldn't be an issue if together but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had any tips, stories or motivations that could be shared around LDR's. Including and excluding sexual activity.

Thanks

Hi joshimitsu, I have no personal experience with LDR's but for every scenario there is a lovehoney video!
https://youtu.be/hLDpysB56NU

My girlfriend and I are both at Uni with a 6 hour train journey between us. Most my life I've actually been in long distance relationships so I have found a few ways to cope.

I find the biggest factor is to not let the "I miss you" part drag, as it can just bring you both down. If you want to say it, do because it's healthy to communicate emotion. Recently though being apart for so long I have found that playing games with my Gf have helped keep the mood fun and interesting and it gives us something to look forward to when we can be together.

Three games we play with a sexy twist are, what would it take, situations and truth or dare with sexy forfeits.

What would it take, involves choosing a product on love honey, sending to the other and they say what would it to make them try. I try to choose things just outside her comfort zone for fun.

Situations, we swap made up scenarios and we say what we would dare attempt in that situation, like at a party or out for a walk.

The last is self explanatory. One or the other offers a truth or dare, if they don't do it then they have to do a sexy forfeit.

If you're not comfortable bearing all on webcam or find it doesn't do anything for you these little games help maintain a sexy connection without doing any of it.

I could say more on this subject but I'd hate to incur the wrath of the moderator's.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, I call bull but it does make you realize what you've got and also what you want from your relationship. In my experience it also almost always worth the wait when you are able to get back with your other half.

Thanks for the responses, I'll take a look at the link Heidi, and consider what you have said Theta

I think a fair chunk of forum users have been in LDRs at some point, I just thought I'd link you to this post from a forum member & blogger who has written about her experience of LDR on her blog

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1522126-lovehoney-bloggers-brand-spanking-new/#p1522165