Losing my sex drive

Is it possible to lose your sex drive despite not being sexually active?

When I think about sex its just sort of meh...

Id think peoples drive runs in peaks and troughs, wether your active or not.

I can be like a dog with 2 at times and other times id rather a cuppa and a biscuit.

I think that's normal. I have moments that have lasted a good month or so where I've lost my sex drive. it'll probably come back so not to worry :)

I think it's easier for me to lose my sex drive if I'm not sexually active. :) I wouldn't worry

LSB - I think it's normal, and I also think it's normal for everyone's to come back at different times.

Could also be caused by stress / depression / substances

It's completely normal and happens to me all the time! Well, at least over the last few months anyway.

I've found I lose my libido whenever I'm in situations that cause me to become stressed or depressed, just as Sum Sub has said. And also if my hormones are playing up that makes a difference too.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. :)

Thanks guys... I dont think im any more stressed than usual, although depression could be a factor.

Maybe im just over thinking it x

I've just seen your other posts about the big op being tomorrow. That could definitely be the cause of your loss of libido due to your nervousness and being worried.

Big hugs and all the best for the op and recovery, though I'm sure you'll be fine. :) x

Possibly, imsure a break from all things sexual for 4-6 weeks could be just what the dr ordered..

SophieM wrote:

I've just seen your other posts about the big op being tomorrow. That could definitely be the cause of your loss of libido due to your nervousness and being worried.

Big hugs and all the best for the op and recovery, though I'm sure you'll be fine. :) x

I agree your options will almost certainly be a factor, my sex drive went though the floor last year due to stress and depression. It came back so I should not worry too much.

Not being sexually active can reduce your entire labido, in time your thoughts regarding sex will reduce. The less you think about it the less it will pop up in your head as a primary thought. If you have no underlying health/life issues it will come back but don't stress over it, relax it'll spark again :-)

mines dropped to pretty much zero sadly , due to being on new meds . not really much hope of it coming back while m on the mixture im on either , hence me not buying new toys or really being on the forum much lately . sex is just ... gone at the moment ,

Ill second what lots of people have already said, stress! Usually im quite active, my sex drive is extremely high but since my OH has been unwell ve been quite stressed and instead of being my usual self its all gone completely out th window.

Like Sophie said you have a big stress tomorrow so its more than likely contributing to it aswell. Try not to worry about it and good luck for tomorrow :) x