Lost libido

Hi. I've lost my libido, what is the best solution.

Are you male or female? :)

chels18 wrote:

Are you male or female? :)

Male - on HIS profile :P

First step is finding out the why. Have you had any added stress recently? Any change in medication? Any important changes? Have you had 'dips' before? Also, is it gone-gone, or just less than before, or less than you/your partner would like?

For me, stress and depression are the worst enemies. Even stuff you don't notice affecting ya. Drugs kill a lot of people's sex drive, alcohol can be bad for it. I agree with BB^, try and find out the cause, before trying a cure.

I,m male, 57 just not as good as I used to be, it could be a bit of stress. Hope its not my age!!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Nah dude, it won't be your age. You're possibly thinking and worrying about it too much. I've had that problem myself. It'll come back a while after you've stopped thinking about it. And I shouldn't worry about being as good as you used to be, cos that's definitely caused by worry. If you can clear your head of worries about this kinda thing, you'll be back to normal in no time.

this wintery weather always effects people's libido- myself included. try not to put pressure on yourself

xx

Do you do much exercise? Stimulating your body with those endorphins combined with resting well and looking after yourself cures and million ills.

I'm 28 and I suffered with this a year or so ago. Take a relaxing break, avoid stress and start excersing:-) well thats what worked for me anyhoo

eathing healthy, excersise and doing things that you like non sexually will help

also if you smoke or drink excessivley this can also affect it.

relaxing and taking some time out once a week might help as well

You've all been a great help, I'll give it all a try and keep you informed...Many thanks.

I hope to get mine back on Monday when the cast finally comes off - but it'll be solo. Oh well.

I lost mine due to my contraceptive pill, but stress at work, arguing with partner, timing of arousal, etc... added up to not being about to feel turned on at all over a period of about 22 months!!! In a new relationship it put a lot of strain on us but we worked through it and after a long talk with my doctor and lots of research I have managed to get mine back, with amazing results I might add, but from my experience I can say eating the right things, exercising a lot, long baths - or other relaxtion techniqiues, talking, and sometimes a little bit of alcohol (only a little though, I'm not saying go out and get smashed), haha. ;)

It may also be that lost libido has a physical cause such as hypothyroidism.

Hypothyroidism can occur in middle age and that would definitely affect your libido. Other common symptoms would be feeling more tired and fatigued that usual, perhaps unexplained weight gain, depression, feeling the cold more than usual. There are a ton of symptoms and not everyone experiences all of them, but if the overall picture seems familiar to you, it would be worth seeing your GP about it. It can be treated with medication.

There's a lot of info on this link; this is the 3rd page showing symptoms.

http://www.medicinenet.com/hypothyroidism/page3.htm

I may be completely off base here, but just thought it worth mentioning.