Love Honey Average Bra Size?

FF Dude.

WandA wrote:

What type of average?External Media

" Do you know how to work out a bra size? As roughly 50% of the British population wear them, you'd have thought most of them would have an idea. But though a 2009 survey found that the average British woman owns 16 bras at any one time and buys four every year, fitting them is a surprisingly tricky activity. The traditional method reads like an A-level algebra problem. You take a tape measure and wrap it round your chest at the lowest point where a bra sits. You record this figure in inches. You add four to this measurement if the number is even, five if it's odd – and the resultant number is your band size. Then you wrap the tape round again and measure the fullest part of the actual breasts. Next you subtract the band size from breast size to find your cup size. If the numbers are the same, you're an A cup. If there's an inch difference, you're a B; two and you need a C cup and so on. Alternatively, and many bra experts say more accurately, you can weigh your breasts by dunking them into a full bowl of water and measuring the displaced liquid, with 1 litre of water equalling 1kg. It's accurate but useless. You can do precisely nothing with this information, as no bra manufacturer measures boobs by the pound."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/16/womens-breasts-are-getting-bigger

The average is 36D apparently.

Thats the British average. This is the Love Honey average

I know. I just thought the UK might be interesting to know if someone is so bothered about boobs.

34C although my boobs tend to be larger than the LoveHoney bras. Either that or we don't get on;)

30C which is smaller than it sounds. (Almost completely flat)

Very roughly speaking you measure your ribcage add an inch or two then try on all the cups in that band size until you find one that fits. Generally one up and one down are equal - by which I mean a 30C is the equivalent (roughly) cup to a 32B and a 34A but I'm a 30C because my ribcage is small.

Adx

im a 36b.

the best thing to do is get fitted properly and regually wrong size bra's can be uncomfy and painfull. i buy more than the average four bra,s a year though.

Current Love Honey average bra size stands at.......drum roll.......36DD

Top knockers everyone! I think a picture montage is in need ;)

naughtyboy wrote:

I think that is a decision for the girls to make!

Seduced wrote:

naughtyboy wrote:

I think that is a decision for the girls to make!

Oh come on. It was clearly a mischievous comment and not meant seriously

So one D more than the UK average.

Are you going to recalculate as more people post?

I'm a 36G.

yeah i will recalculate as more people post. not done yours yet, nice size though!

Average still stands at 36DD

Im usually a 34FF but am 6 months pregas and a 34G. Not sure what comes after that but Im gona have to find out as they will get bigger again when I start breastfeeding LOL

My size didn't get included in your little list so your average won't include me

Have you posted your size already then? There were a few sizes not included in my list which I have since added (EE springs to mind I think). I can always add it anyway as it won't effect things

Nope not posted it yet...

EE isn't a bra size that is made in this country, your full range would be

AA A B C D DD E F FF G GG H HH J JJ K

That's how it is in the UK at the minute, not all cup sizes are available in all back sizes, depends on the retailer... Most common back sizes would be 28-40 on average.

i'm a 30b and wouldn't want to be any bigger as i am not flat chested at all- you get a nice handful there!

it's such a shame to hear all these people with massive boobs saying they want bigger!

love your bras and boobs whatever size you are

Naughtyboy,

I'm a 38F/G dependant upon bra style - I was a 40DD but when I lost weight the back size went down but the cup size went up! Just means the boobs didn't lose as quickly as the bit underneath around the back and chest.

I have recently tried on a 36 back size ('cos I'm back in the gym and still losing weight) which fit me but had to go to GG in the cup size.

all very confusing I know!

SHB

Im a 40FF.

I would of thought the LH average was bigger than a DD