Lovehoney Classic Wand

Morning all.

We've just bought a Lovehoney Classic Wand and were just wondering if anyone had any tips or experience on getting the best out of it?

We were using it last night and while it was brilliant we did notice that it was quite noisy, and it started to get a little hot. Is the heat something we should be concerned about? And does anyone have any life-hacks to muffle/dampen the noise? We live in a terraced house and are a bit worried about what our poor neighbours must think. 😲

Any other top tips would also be welcomed.

I have read through quite a few of the reviews but there's over 1300, and it's a lot to get through 🙂

We would also be interested in hearing opinions as just bought one ourselves with the male masterbator attachment now waiting with anticipation

Morning Ian, unfortunately with anything that vibrates you will always get a little bit of noise and with something so powerful it’s kind of impossible to make it silent, but using it under the covers will muffle a bit of the sound, also you may just want to put some music on etc. Chances are it’s more than likely that the neighbours can’t hear a thing, if you switch it on and walk outside the room and close the door can you still hear it?

If it’s getting extremely hot or really really warm then it may be worth contacting LH customer services, but again with anything electrical and with a motor it will make a little bit of warmth. If you start smelling anything electrical or it’s getting really hot then it could just be it’s faulty which is very rare. You may want to make sure your plugging this directly into the wall as well and not an extension lead 👌🏻

Mains powered wands will heat up like any other electrical item if plugged in for long periods of time. It’s advised not to use them for longer than ten to fifteen minutes at a time without a break. Also unplug once finished.

These are also the loudest vibrators around but I’ve noticed that some of the noise is muffled when using them with an attachment. A closed bedroom door and some background noise such as the tv or music will also drown out most of the sound in my experience :)

Hi Ian, we have the love honey delux wand. Not sure what the noise is like compared to the classic but we have tried to normalise the sound a little. As the wife has a bad back she will often use it just to massage her back a little and the kids have seen her do that (well the youngest two, the eldest lifes up in the loft so hears nothing). Another way of dampening the sound is to lay it flat on the bed and staddle it and grind against it. As for the heat it's a case of the higher the setting the quicker it will get hot so do a warm up on a lower speed and build it up. Seems to work for us and we can use it for a good half hour without fear of it getting too hot.

This is all good stuff, thank you. It doesn't get burnt-electric hot, but we weren't sure if it was the beginnings of something more serious. Knowing that everyone else's gets a little warm with sustained use is very reassuring. Obviously, as it was the first time we used it, my wife cranked it up to 11 'just to see what it was like', and I thinked managed to numb herself completely after a minute or two (it really is quite powerful, especially to the uninitiated). This may have contributed to both the extended session and then the over-heating...

As for the loudness, it's not that we want it whisper-quiet, but we noticed it's a notch up from a lot of the other vibrators we've bought recently. It makes perfect sense that it would be as it's in another league power-wise too. I really like your suggestion K&c30's about straddling it and I think we'll give that a go tonight.

Though I am going to try turning it on and seeing if I can hear it from another room. Vibrations are just those kind of sounds you fear will rumble through the brickwork right into the neighbour's headboard - which you just know is going to be right the other side of the wall. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I also like what NatandTom said about it being quieter with attachments. It seems like another great reason to buy a couple. Does anyone have experience with the male masturbator one? Is it much better/different than a manual stroker?

We have the masturbator attachment. My partner really likes it although it does require a lot of lubricant to make insertion comfortable for him.

It’s different in the sense that these powerful vibrations travel through the stroker but we all like different things so I couldn’t say whether it’s better or not. For some people it might be, my partner would say so, but others may feel differently. It’s all down to preferences and sensitivies I think.

It’s definitely worth a try though as it’s a great way to transform one toy into another!

I too have the Hummer attachment and strokers. For me the Hummer wins hands down because i prefer the vibrations. Like NatandTom said though you do need a lot of lube as it is pretty tight. The only downside for me is that its hard to stroke well with the attachment as the wand is large amd going up and down is pretty tiring after a while. For gland and shaft stimulation though i love it.

We tried the straddle technique last night and had a fair bit of success with it. Thank you again K&c30's. I may need to tighten up the bed joints a bit, and maybe pop a bit of padding behind the headboard to reduce the travel through vibrations, but it was definitely a good start.

We also tried using it earlier in the evening as we thought the noise can be more easily confused for another regular household appliance if the neighbours are unfortunate enough to hear it...

And I've just ordered the Hummer attachment and the deluxe G-spot pleaser too. I've not had much success with male toys as yet (a couple of vibrating cock rings and one of the strokers) so fingers-crossed that the hummer will allow me to get in on a bit of the action too. I admit I'm starting to get a bit jealous.

Has yours arrived yet Sarah&james? If so, how have you found it so far?

I have the hummer too and like people have said it is a little tight so plently of lube to get it on is required. The Classic Wand is fantastic on low-medium setting for teasing and warming up/edging. Full power is a bit too powerful - for me, anyway ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Hi it arrived this morning but been at work so not had chance to have a look let alone get a play

Sarah&james wrote:

Hi it arrived this morning but been at work so not had chance to have a look let alone get a play

Unboxing it was a real treat. I wish I'd got a photo of the look on my wife's face when she opened it. 🙂

Omg wow

Sarah&james wrote:

Omg wow

That's quite the endorsement. 🙂 I'm still waiting on the hummer attachment. Did you manage to give that a whirl? And is it as good as you'd hoped?

Yeah used the hummer will play some more soon no doubt