Lovehoney Ranks??

Heyy guys.

So i was just wondering what that LH ranks are all about? :)

what is the Lowest and the Highest and what dose it mean to have a high or low rank? I am just curious any info would be greatly appreciated :D

<3

The ranks are there from when the forums used to be the OA (Orgasm Academy) the ranks are cadet,Lt,captain,major,Lt.Colonel,colonel,Brigadier,major general,general, and finally field marshall.

You get the ranks for posting on the forums and writing reviews. Reviews get you more points to the next ranks I believe but posts count too.

It's pretty useless now and is just something that was kept from back then. But I like the ranks.

Aww i get it.. that's pretty kewl :) i like the ranks too. It gives you something to work towards and congrats on being the highest rank :D
<3

Thanks for asking this question, i was also wondering too !

I was wondering about this as well, but didn't have the balls or initiative to put my head over the parapet. Thanks loulou for raising the issue. I suppose I should have asked Hugh when it first occurred to me.

On the otherhand, if it is explained in detail, the rankings may well lose their mystery.

For me, I just soldier on doing what the OH wants (sometimes, but don't tell her)

FA has answered your question great, but just a friendly heads up, there's a search bar at the top of the page where you can search for key words and it will bring up past forum posts. This question comes up a lot, so there's probably a few threads around already answering the question :)

Oh yes I'm glad I've seen this I was wandering a while ago but also thought there would be a thread somewhere. Thanks MrsMcx I didn't realise you could search old threads DUH! Your right they're are loads on ranks.
I do know thought the higher your rank the more likely you are to be chosen to be a sex toy tester!!!!! ;-)

You're not more likely to be chosen to be a sex toy tester depending on your rank. Since the Orgasam Army ended, rank has absolutely nothing to do with it.

People will get chosen to be a toy tester if they do very detailed reviews, using good English and grammar. People are also more likely to be chosen if they're active members of the forum community. People probably won't be chosen if they're constantly begging to be chosen and not putting any efforts into reviewing. Being a sex toy tester isn't a right, it really needs to be earned and it takes a lot of effort. I personally spend 1-2 hours on making sure I do a thorough and detailed review. There seems to be a lot of people popping up on the forum lately who are constantly asking about being a sex toy tester, and this won't get you anywhere. Putting all of that effort into doing reviews will get you chosen. You also need to have at least maybe 10 reviews before you're chosen. Remember, the forums isn't all about being a sex toy tester, so just enjoy the banter, help others with useful information and join in the fun! :)

I previously asked the same question and had a fab response off Lovehoney - Jess, this is what she said:

"Hi MSJ6952

Yep, as the others have said - it dates back to the 'Orgasm Army' days and is based on forum posts and reviews. Reviews earn you more 'points' towards your ranking than forum posting, but they both go towards it. Nowadays it doesn't really mean anything necessarily, we just ended up keeping that bit!

Orgasm Army was a little before my time at Lovehoney too, so I'm fairly limited to knowledge on that myself. I'll see if there's anything else I've missed when I'm back in the office tomorrow and let you know :)"

MrsMcX wrote:

You're not more likely to be chosen to be a sex toy tester depending on your rank. Since the Orgasam Army ended, rank has absolutely nothing to do with it.

People will get chosen to be a toy tester if they do very detailed reviews, using good English and grammar. People are also more likely to be chosen if they're active members of the forum community. People probably won't be chosen if they're constantly begging to be chosen and not putting any efforts into reviewing. Being a sex toy tester isn't a right, it really needs to be earned and it takes a lot of effort. I personally spend 1-2 hours on making sure I do a thorough and detailed review. There seems to be a lot of people popping up on the forum lately who are constantly asking about being a sex toy tester, and this won't get you anywhere. Putting all of that effort into doing reviews will get you chosen. You also need to have at least maybe 10 reviews before you're chosen. Remember, the forums isn't all about being a sex toy tester, so just enjoy the banter, help others with useful information and join in the fun! :)

Great speech Mrs :P I spend aound 1 -2 hours on a review as well, Glad to know i'm not the only one Xx