Lovehoney Room 101

Inspired by both George Orwell and the BBC program - Welcome to Lovehoney Room 101.

Tell us what item, person or aspect of culture you despise so much that you would consign them to your personal Room 101.

Are you afraid of spiders? Cheesed off with Stilton? Angered by rudeness? Let us know your personal pet peeves and why you would lock them away forever.

My personal peeve is stupid drivers, in particular ones who don't know the road sign that means 'give way to oncoming vehicals'. There is a few in my area, that when I drive along the road, the sign says I have the right of way, and the cars coming the opposite way are meant to give way but dont. They keep on driving, forcing me to stop. Then they wave their hand to say thank you. Don't thank me, I never let them trough, they forced their way through. Twats!

This guy http://www.richardcarvath.net/ arogant pigheaded misogynist who believes that women who have been raped should not be allowed to terminate a pregnancy which results from the attack

Please find him his own Room 101 preferable soundproofed and padded with no key

xGGx

people who stand up on buses blocking the isles despite there being room to sit.

people who use lifts to go up/down one floor (there's disabled people who need to but most are just lazy)

Inconsiderate people who push by you down the aisle of a train to find a seat when the carriage is obviously full, and then shout at you when they can't fit by!

Gah!

Chav culture which is no culture. People who delight in being un educated or ill educated, my particular bug bear is Brits who refuse to learn a foreign language and just shout at everyone when abroad...endless embarrassment for me.

All those leaflets they cunningly hide in the sunday supplements so as you open it they all scatter across the floor!

People who get on the bus and don't have their money ready to pay then spend ages rootling through shopping bags to find their purse (You know you're getting on it having stood at the stop forever so why?? lol)

Aggresive Plastic packaging, the blister sort thats a really tight fit and always made of a really hard plastic you can never find your way into without injuring yourself!

rubber neckers trying to see some gore on the opposite carriageway after a big accident then becoming "gore" themselves when they ram the car in front.

People leaving litter at a beauty spot spoiling it for those who come after.

The heard hearted heartless bitch who reduced my wife (then girlfriend) to tears at work when we were at our lowest point in our life. Revenge is a dish best served cold, the frigid cow is now divorced and alone and the Porche 911 was reposessed lol

people who think fear of spiders is an affectation, my wife is an arachnophobe, it is no joke, just a picture of a spider makes her feel sick and the real thing brings on a panic attack. Personally I hate killing them coz I think they are beautiful in their way but I prefer a happy home lol

people who thinks the world revolves around them.

stupid grammar mistakes ( eg too when "to" is meant)

sweetlove666 wrote:

grammar mistakes

Surely that would be "grammatical errors", wouldn't it?

gunther wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

grammar mistakes

Surely that would be "grammatical errors", wouldn't it?

error indicates effort. someone can be honestly mistaken while making no effort. and "grammar mistakes" is vernacular and accepted in most instances as good/decent grammar. This forum is not run on the queens english!

And i'd also add Pedants to room 101

Sweetlove when did you have the humour bypass, it certainly worked.

When using the singular "i" it should be a capital like this "I" so i'd becomes I'd.

gunther wrote:

Sweetlove when did you have the humour bypass, it certainly worked.

no - just annoyed that you chose to be pedantic when there was no need to be and when you were wrong in assumption and statement. picking arguments when there's no need to is a pet peeve of mine.

and as for I/i does it really matter when comprehension is not affected. ( gramatical errors like too/too affect comprehenshion which is why it annoys me)

Sweetlove you cannot complain about grammar then say the forum is not run on queens english, you are being pedantic while complaining about pedantry. "Grammar mistakes" is poor syntax and doesn't scan I wasnt picking an argument just having a joke, very lightly and only slightly at your expense. None use of capitals is a pet hate of mine as is lack of humour and spelling mistakes "comprehenshion "????

buying panties from a "girl" and it turns out to be a guy with a mix of flour and anchovie paste

gunther wrote:

Sweetlove you cannot complain about grammar then say the forum is not run on queens english,

"Queen's English".

Skitt's law strikes again.

barkis wrote:

gunther wrote:

Sweetlove you cannot complain about grammar then say the forum is not run on queens english,

"Queen's English".

Skitts' law strikes again.

That is very true, but it is a quote my friend, see the previous post. Quote:- "This forum is not run on the queens english!"-: unquote

Maybe it would be more correct to say paraphrase as I incorporated the quote in my post.