Lovehoney US has had an update!

https://www.lovehoney.com/

I have spied that the US store has gone Discourse like us. :slightly_smiling_face: Most exciting difference: you can filter and order the reviews by star rating. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I wonder if the UK store is going to do that too?

Update: Itā€™s actually not fully Discourse, it just shares some of the same design elements. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Int gorra clue what youā€™re on abaat guvā€™nor. Care to elucidate? (If you do, please clean up afterwards :wink:)

You canā€™t tell the differenece between the updated Lovehoney US site and the UK one?

LH Mini Magic Wand (UK Site)

The bit I didnā€™t understand was the use of the term ā€œDiscourseā€. :slightly_smiling_face:

Itā€™s the style/layout/code-base of the new forum (and now the LH US site). :+1:

1 Like

Ah righto.

One curious thing Iā€™ve noticed on the US site is that my own product reviews are listed under a slightly different user name from the one I chose. Over there Iā€™m listed as ā€œPleasure Dā€. Go figureā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Looks a lot slicker and seems to load faster. Still the same great content so fingers crossed itā€™s coming to the UK version soon too :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It seems to have abbreviated everyone. Iā€™m ā€˜Ian Cā€™ :slightly_smiling_face: I wonder if thatā€™s on purpose, or just a quirk or an oversight?

I also spotted that thereā€™s no wishlists over there now. You can still Save an item, but only for 30 days it seems?

(FYI Your UK log in works on there too, so you can have a proper look around, if anyone wants to :+1:)

1 Like

It must be a software thing. Thousands of old reviews and usernames imported automatically via a system that was set up to assume a ā€œfirst name / surnameā€ convention, then truncate the surname in order to protect the identities of all those daft sods whoā€™ve used their real-life name. :laughing:

Yours,
Mr P Drone of Norwich

3 Likes

Oh, like Melania T? :wink:

Their blog is Discourse too. :+1:

ETA: I thought itā€™d be more fun, but itā€™s not got many extra features. Sorry. I jumped the gun. :slightly_smiling_face:

Aha. Someone noticed!

Itā€™s not actually on the Discourse platform, but youā€™ll notice that they share some of the same design elements.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. It looks very clean though. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: I liked that it transitions seamlessly into the forum, and that the forum is actually linked on the US site. :+1:

I was also hoping that the blogs would benefit from the new Search, but it seems to only work for products at the minute. Though itā€™d be great if I could dive into the whole back catalogue more easily. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: