Lovehoney's Design a Sex Toy Competition is back!

Hi LH, I have a design ready to upload. I have the same question about what happens to the non-winners designs if they are produced. Would there be any commission for the idea / design if it was produced and sold? Sorry to sound picky, but I have also looked online and have not seen anything else like my idea and just wanted to clarify this before I upload it. Thanks :)

I showed my OH this competition yesterdy and he came up with an idea... Even thought it's really weird and creepy in my eyes. xD

AliMc wrote:

Out of curiosity, do you filter through and shortlist the entries as they come through or wait until the closing date and do it all at once?

Hi AliMc

All of the designes are looked at together after the deadline has passed.

This means that everyone gets a fair chance with all 4 of the judges :)

Scorpius12 wrote:

Hi LH, I have a design ready to upload. I have the same question about what happens to the non-winners designs if they are produced. Would there be any commission for the idea / design if it was produced and sold? Sorry to sound picky, but I have also looked online and have not seen anything else like my idea and just wanted to clarify this before I upload it. Thanks :)

Hey Scorpius12

Indeed! If you were a non-winner but at a later date we figured your design was worth putting into production, we would contact you and you would earn royalties for the toys sold :)

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

Hey Scorpius12

Indeed! If you were a non-winner but at a later date we figured your design was worth putting into production, we would contact you and you would earn royalties for the toys sold :)

Thanks Jess - Great News - LH being very fair as always.... I will upload my idea today :)

design submitted, fingers crossed, it would be our ideal toy.

Well I have just spent a fair few hours entering my design, lets hope the efforts worth it!!

I wasn't on Lovehoney during the last competition. Is the idea for the winning entry announced or kept secret until the actual product launch? I can't wait to find out what it is, and the competition has barely even started :P

Hi LH,

I have a few "ideas" but I can't really draw and not sure how the technical details could sorted out for the toys that would need batteries etc, does my entry need to be fully specific or like a idea?

wreck it ralph wrote:

Hi LH,

I have a few "ideas" but I can't really draw and not sure how the technical details could sorted out for the toys that would need batteries etc, does my entry need to be fully specific or like a idea?

You don't have to be able to draw. You can just describe your idea in words explaining what it's made from, it's function and why it is a unique toy.

Ah ok, thank you!!

Is it okay if I pinch an image off your site that I can draw ontop of to show how it would be worn/used? Although this is the only place it will be used, I don't want to be breaking any rules!

is a report okay to enter. i am in the proces of writing one which includes reviews or what works and doesnt work in curent toys as well as my sketches and descriptions. is this suitable or are the reviews just a waste of time. should i save the judges, and myself, time and just submit the sketches.

rag doll wrote:

is a report okay to enter. i am in the proces of writing one which includes reviews or what works and doesnt work in curent toys as well as my sketches and descriptions. is this suitable or are the reviews just a waste of time. should i save the judges, and myself, time and just submit the sketches.

As a judge I like to know what has inspired the design and to know the history behind your decisions will help me to judge the final design. Don't go overboard but definitely put any pertinent information in there about how you got to final design.

MrsMcX wrote:

Is it okay if I pinch an image off your site that I can draw ontop of to show how it would be worn/used? Although this is the only place it will be used, I don't want to be breaking any rules!

Yes it is ok to do that but do make sure it is a real 'new' sex toy design. If you submit a picture of an existing toy and just suggest it is made longer, thinner, faster, faster, slower, or in another colour etc... this will not be counted as a new 'design' and would be unlikely to be considered by the judges. And believe me we have had this in the past. Asking for a black vibrator to be made in green in NOT a new sex toy design....

Lovehoney - Bonny wrote:

rag doll wrote:

As a judge I like to know what has inspired the design and to know the history behind your decisions will help me to judge the final design. Don't go overboard but definitely put any pertinent information in there about how you got to final design.

Thanks. Now just to convert it to a format that the submition form will like.

AliMc wrote:

I wasn't on Lovehoney during the last competition. Is the idea for the winning entry announced or kept secret until the actual product launch? I can't wait to find out what it is, and the competition has barely even started :P

It depends on the winner and if they wish to have their details released. It also depends on the design and how long it may take to develop and bring to market. There is no hard and fast rule to this i'm afraid.

Haha!! Thanks Bonny! That's hilarious though! It's just a picture that I can draw on top of to show how an item would be worn, I've managed to do it on paint! Can we be awarded oh! Points for the worst drawing? Because I'm totally going to win it! Hahah!!

Little confused about what exactly the form is asking for where it says "Briefly, what is it designed to do?" then goes on to say "Describe your toy in more detail"

is it looking for something similar to what you find on the product pages or more like specifications for it's design or what.

what sort of word count?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bonny - I have just read your comments above about mentioning what has inspired the design. I have uploaded my designs now, but was not aware of this and therefore have not included that information. Should I have done this as I am a bit concerned now - would you like me to upload an extra paragraph somewhere or e-mail you with this information? xx