Lube advice/ recommendations

Hi everyone! Totally new here and this is my first post.

My boyfriend and I regularly enjoy sex but as his shaft has some girth to it we always use lube to prevent any tearing/catching etc.

He likes his lube very slippery as he enjoys the smooth gliding sensation when thrusting. We've tried the lovehoney waterbased lube which has great waterlike consistency, but it does dry up, especially if you relube during. I always find that, for me, when having relubed it gets hot pretty quickly(as in actual heating sensation).

Recently we tried using the Lubido, which is better for duration of slip but my boyfriend isn't 100% sold on its thicker texture. Do you guys and gals have any recommendations for a lube that has good staying power but it also really slippery?

We both find durex way too sticky.

Thanks!

Have you considered a silicon lube? They are generally pretty runny and because they work by coating you skin with a layer of silicon you'd find that they last much much longer than water based lubes which tend to evaporate.
If you don't fancy the idea of silicon, you could try a hybrid 'silk' lube.

With water based, thicker lubes tend to be longer lasting though, and once rubbed in, what's matter how thin or thick it is?

I use Sliquid H20 and I think it's great stuff. It's not really thick or thin and it has almost like a oil or lotion type feel to it, also isn't really runny either :)

Liquid silk is the way to go. My missus also finds it difficult to take the initial girth. Liquid silk will also meet your partners requirement of being a slippery lube.

Also you don't need a lot to get you going. Hope this helps.

Kittycat102 wrote:

I use Sliquid H20 and I think it's great stuff. It's not really thick or thin and it has almost like a oil or lotion type feel to it, also isn't really runny either :)

I totally second this! Best lube I've ever used. I also find Durex WAY too sticky for my taste. Plus, this is actually marketed and organic and healthy for your ph balance as well. I've never had any reactions to it and I have unbelievably sensitive skin. Bit on the pricey side but you won't need much per go. I even use it for anal without problems!x

We always you use this lube. We find it never dries up and don't need to re-apply. It is quite smooth and it's not a thick lube.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7163

I love the swoon smooth mover lube it feels very natural.

My OH is a larger man too and with this lube we can have unexpected fun, when he unexpectantly grabs me and him being lubed ready goes streight in without for play it's really a great feeling.

Thank you so much for all the great suggestions! The SLiquid H20 sounds really good. I hadn't considered that the warming sensation could be down to sensitivity so having a ph neutral lube should eliminate that I should think. Also as bex1213 uses it for anal I'm guessing it must be nice and slippy.

The other recommendations also sound great so we'll look into those also.

Thank you so much for your help everyone!

xx

I found this one is rather good. I would say its my favourite I have tried so far.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7364

Another shout for Liquid Silk http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7163 it's out go to lube.

Suitable for everything.

Yet another Liquid Silk lover here.

Sliquid lubes are brilliant. The sassy one is my absolute favourite, it's nice and thick and I haven't been able to go back to using watery ones since.

Good luck finding something that works great! I personally use the Jo H2O water based lube but for my solo play so a but different application here. It is a bit thinner but I haven't had major issues needing to reapply and I can be sensation and have had zero issues with that.